Lieutenant
# 1 Content Creation Issues
09-05-2013, 01:03 PM
I have been wanting to try my luck in making a Foundry Mission, but every time I try, I keep getting an error saying that Character Content Creation Failed or Just Content Error. What is going on exactly?
C&C of the Federation Outsiders
Captain
# 2
09-05-2013, 01:34 PM
Post this in the foundry bug forum or ask a mod to move this thread there. Frost will help you.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 3
09-05-2013, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l9of20 View Post
I have been wanting to try my luck in making a Foundry Mission, but every time I try, I keep getting an error saying that Character Content Creation Failed or Just Content Error. What is going on exactly?
Some questions to help me see what's going on:

Is your account a Gold (Subscriber) or Silver (Free) account?

If it's Silver, have you purchased Foundry Project Slots?

When do you get the error?
- When trying to create a Foundry character?
- When clicking Create Content with an existing Foundry character?
- When clicking New Project or Edit Project from the Welcome to the Foundry screen?
- Other?
Lieutenant
# 4
09-07-2013, 05:07 PM
I thought I did post this in the Foundry Forum. And to crypticfrost. I reviewed those questions before I posted this and NONE of those are helpful
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
09-07-2013, 05:47 PM
It might help us if you make a screenshot of every step you take, and the specific error you get.
People need information where to look, before things can be done.
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message (and inb4exploit!) ^^
Lieutenant
# 6
09-08-2013, 06:39 PM
I can tell you exactly what happens. I go to log in, I click on Create Content, I pick New Character, I say I dont care what Race, name, or anything that is added, I just want a character created, But I do try to make a Fed toon for the Foundry. I click Create Content, and get a Character Creation Failed each and every time
Cryptic Studios Team
# 7
09-09-2013, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l9of20 View Post
I can tell you exactly what happens. I go to log in, I click on Create Content, I pick New Character, I say I dont care what Race, name, or anything that is added, I just want a character created, But I do try to make a Fed toon for the Foundry. I click Create Content, and get a Character Creation Failed each and every time
It sounds like there might be some data corruption or something but I can't say for certain. At this point all I can recommend is to either contact Customer Service and see what they can do to help, or you might try to completely uninstall the game, make sure all related folders are removed and then re-install it so as to make sure everything on your system is patched and updated properly.
Lieutenant
# 8
09-13-2013, 11:10 AM
I have already attempted to contact the "wonderful" customer service people. All I got from them was to post my problem on to the foundry forums. The customer service department is not that helpful. And I have already attempted to un-install and re-install this game through arc and through steam. I have even had the game scan all the files to see if any of them were corrupted and there was nothing found. I still have the reply from them that I can copy and paste in here if you want to see it for yourself. But the PWE Customer Service department is about as helpful as a brick to the head at times

Last edited by l9of20; 09-13-2013 at 11:15 AM.
Career Officer
# 9
09-13-2013, 11:13 AM
Do you have extra character slots? (Someone correct me if you don't need one to create a Foundry toon)

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Lieutenant
# 10
09-13-2013, 11:15 AM
Yes. I have extra character slots. So that is not the issue.