Starfleet Veteran
As per title.

When playing a map (at least in the editor), bridge officers will get stuck on the frames of placed doors ("wall - door #" type), not seeming to recognize that they are solid objects that cannot be crossed save for the doors in the center.

It shouldn't require authors to place invisible walls on their maps in order to get BOffs to recognize the door frames as actually being solid objects.

If anyone can confirm if this is happening for other types of doors or outside of the editor, that would be helpful for QA.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
09-06-2013, 09:36 AM
This only occures when a door has a state transition on it. (i.e. you have a locked version of the door and swap it out with an unlocked version) If it doesn't have a state transition, the pathing can see the door just fine.

What's basicly happening is that the pathing is only calculated once during publish (in fact this makes up the bulk of the time it takes for a mission to publish.) Each map only has one set of pathing markers. Because of this when being calculated, the publisher assumes that everything that has a state transition will at some point not be there. So to prevent Boffs from getting stuck on a wall that is no longer there, it ignores anything with a state transition.

It should also be noted, that because pathing isn't calculated until the mission is published, previewing a map in the Foundry has no pathing. NPCs will still try to navigate, but they're get stuck on things a lot.

@greendragoon

Last edited by thegreendragoon1; 09-06-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 3
09-06-2013, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
This only occures when a door has a state transition on it. (i.e. you have a locked version of the door and swap it out with an unlocked version) If it doesn't have a state transition, the pathing can see the door just fine.

What's basicly happening is that the pathing is only calculated once during publish (in fact this makes up the bulk of the time it takes for a mission to publish.) Each map only has one set of pathing markers. Because off this when being calculated, the publisher assumes that everything that has a state transition will at some point not be there. So to prevent Boffs from getting stuck on a wall that is no longer there, it ignores anything with a state transition.

It should also be noted, that because pathing isn't calculated until the mission is published, previewing a map in the Foundry has no pathing. NPCs will still try to navigate, but they're get stuck on things a lot.
I couldn't say it better myself.