Captain
# 1 T'Varo retrofit build
11-11-2013, 05:29 PM
Hey guys, back again

I've been watching some Thissler videos recently and having got my Rommie her new T'Varo retrofit I took inspiration from these and decided I would try something similar, here's what I have thusfar...

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?...karinabopv11_0

(The Deflector has SubD on it aswell but it's not in the STOA mod list)

So far I know I'm failing to get the timings right for the decloak-alpha-instakills I'm looking for, any tips/advice beyond practice?
Captain
# 2
11-11-2013, 05:45 PM
start here friend:

eptw1, dem1, rsp
tt1, crf1, bo3, op3
hy1
eptw1, dem1
he1, tractor2

2 attack pattern doffs, 1 dem doff, evasives cd doffs and bleedthru overload doff

start timing your runs with a dbb and 3 dhc run, tractor being a key point in your overload success. ive had so much success in 3 second kills ive not gone with a torp...but...

once you get the run down, swap out a dhc for a quantum, and focus on firing the torp first and run the overload just as the torps are about to land.

this build and doff layout gives you an opportunity for spike every 43 seconds. really good timing for a lot of cooldown windows. or 1 minute spikes as coupled with dem energy drain reduction....

spice/tweek to your play style, starting with swapping out eptw1 for epte1, and removing rsp for eptw3. this gives more punch to your overload, and a boost to agility for getaways but giving up a life saving rsp to get those.

have fun kill bad guys

-acceptance-

Last edited by thishorizon; 11-11-2013 at 05:50 PM.
Captain
# 3
11-11-2013, 05:50 PM
first advice: buy the fleet t'varo, is only 20k marks and 1 fleet module (since u already bought the retrofit version)

Torpedos use quantum, u want more raw damage direct to hull after your Beam overload hits

The universal bridge officer is probably better idea use it as engineeir, so u can carry another EptX (engines or weapons probably)

Tyken riff and viral matrix aren't very usefull with that build, tractor beam+hazzard emitters is better (polarize hull is also a good option)

About skill tree: u probably want to put some points into Starship Inertial Dampeners and Starship Electro-Plasma Systems. Starship stealth over 3 is useless, don't give a **** of bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thishorizon View Post
tractor2
lol
John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
Captain
# 4
11-11-2013, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by playhard88 View Post
first advice: buy the fleet t'varo, is only 20k marks and 1 fleet module (since u already bought the retrofit version)

Torpedos use quantum, u want more raw damage direct to hull after your Beam overload hits

The universal bridge officer is probably better idea use it as engineeir, so u can carry another EptX (engines or weapons probably)

Tyken riff and viral matrix aren't very usefull with that build, tractor beam+hazzard emitters is better (polarize hull is also a good option)

About skill tree: u probably want to put some points into Starship Inertial Dampeners and Starship Electro-Plasma Systems. Starship stealth over 3 is useless, don't give a **** of bonus.

lol
good points sheridan, but why you lol'ing my tractor2 bro?
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-11-2013, 05:57 PM
You want a one shot alpha striker, make a torp boat. As a tac the crits you will get with a cluster torp will easily one shot anything short of a super hull tank with jevonite hard points.i run a sci t'varo with a transphasic build that is absolutely devastating in pvp and quite effective in PVE. I can't wait to get my hands on the new critH tac consoles.
Now, I'm not saying you should go this route, but it's always an option. Really your build is solid, just get better gear. If you aren't specced for the sci abilities drop them for engi stuff, but if you are they can be very effective.
Captain
# 6
11-11-2013, 05:57 PM
tractor 1-2-3 all have the same slow strenght. The only change is in kinetic damage (that is negible in all the cases), there is no reason for run tb2/3 over tb1
Captain
# 7
11-11-2013, 06:00 PM
Quote:
tractor 1-2-3 all have the same slow strenght. The only change is in kinetic damage (that is negible in all the cases), there is no reason for run tb2/3 over tb1
ah.... duration sir!

edit: or is it something im speccing into that gets me to 14 secs with 2...and 17 secs with 3?

Last edited by thishorizon; 11-11-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Captain
# 8
11-11-2013, 06:02 PM
good point, but still i think is not worth, u really need more duration in a t'varo? the tb1 duration is more than enought for load your alpha and run like a baby.
Captain
# 9
11-11-2013, 06:04 PM
Quote:
good point, but still i think is not worth, u really need more duration in a t'varo? the tb1 duration is more than enought for load your alpha and run like a baby.
i will regularly tractor while cloaked..for the last seconds of a targets cooldown on tac team or omega while i wait to pounce....i find the extra seconds a fantastic bonus.

Last edited by thishorizon; 11-11-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 10
11-11-2013, 08:54 PM
with those 3 second kills, what good is additional duration? also, if the ship is designed just to alpha, you might as well run an EPtE, so 1 can be preloaded, then the otherm and then the attack. sure nether would have the greatest uptime, but its all about creating the kill window anyway by the sounds of it. if a ship isn't running EPtS, its a ship thats gunna need to be cloaked 90% of the time. or run damage control doffs to get the good uptime with 1 copy each
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus

Last edited by dontdrunkimshoot; 11-11-2013 at 08:57 PM.