Starfleet Veteran
# 131
09-13-2013, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Meh, I totally lost track of what I was saying...I'm getting senile.
What did you say that?
Reading you, Ussultimatum and Dontdrunkimshoot is always a pleasure for me!
This is a real Starfleet Cruiser, the awesome Adm. Marcus Vengeance! Stol Fed Cruisers suck!
Captain
# 132
09-13-2013, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwrathforever View Post
What did you say that?
Reading you, Ussultimatum and Dontdrunkimshoot is always a pleasure for me!
Did you ever see the first The Fast and the Furious movie?

(SPOILER ALERT - highlight the text to see it)

So you had O'Conner and Dominic, right? Do you remember Jesse? The guy that lost his dad's VM to Tran but ran away after losing the race and ends up getting killed? Yeah, compared to Uncle Ulti and Drunk...I'm like Jesse flying a Jetta through space.

So I guess reading my rambling could be a pleasure in that sense...for the lols.
Willard the Rat, Klingon, Sci (60), U.S.S. Tong Vey, Geneva Command Battlecruiser (FT6), Inner Circle
Meena, Ferasan, Tac (60), I.K.S. vagh SuD bas, B'rel Retrofit Bird-of-Prey (T5U), Ho'ragh
[WIP] No-Fleet, T5U B'rel Retrofit Build

Starfleet Veteran
# 133
09-13-2013, 09:56 AM
For the lols...naaaahhh!
And I saw only the last three, sorry...
Btw...do you fight in a T'varo harassing the poor Feds at Ker'rat?
Bad...very bad...
This is a real Starfleet Cruiser, the awesome Adm. Marcus Vengeance! Stol Fed Cruisers suck!
Captain
# 134
09-13-2013, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwrathforever View Post
Btw...do you fight in a T'varo harassing the poor Feds at Ker'rat?
Bad...very bad...
Willard the Rat, Fleet T'varo...

He should be Willard the Gnat though.

Harassing? Hrmm, I did get a little trolly last night/this morning dropping out single Warp Shadows...

[Zone] Willard the Rat@virusdancer: Guys, that's not me.
[Zone] Willard the Rat@virusdancer: Still not me.
[Zone] Willard the Rat@virusdancer: Nope, that's not me.
[Zone] Willard the Rat@virusdancer: Fire everything! But it's not me.
Willard the Rat, Klingon, Sci (60), U.S.S. Tong Vey, Geneva Command Battlecruiser (FT6), Inner Circle
Meena, Ferasan, Tac (60), I.K.S. vagh SuD bas, B'rel Retrofit Bird-of-Prey (T5U), Ho'ragh
[WIP] No-Fleet, T5U B'rel Retrofit Build

Starfleet Veteran
# 135
09-13-2013, 10:11 AM
Very well...Willard the Rat, eh?
Another evul Klingun or even moar evul KDF Rommie in my black list!
Captain
# 136
09-13-2013, 10:57 AM
It might be worth pointing this out. If the devs do indeed look at A2B and decide it's too much of a reduction and out of line, do you know what they'll cut it back to?

It'll most likely be cut back to be more in line with Photonic Officer. This wouldn't be good for anyone.
------
It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
This is the last thing I will post.
Captain
For ships that can get away from needing any power to science abilities from the bridge officers, the Aux to Battery skills can be very effective. There aren't too many science ship builds that can use science specialties effectively with an A2B setup, so it isn't for everyone.

The recent addition of warp cores that provide extra damage for each subsystem above 75 is a great way to get players to try to find a way to balance power settings, usually using plasmonic leech and maybe energy siphon too, as a way to shy away from Aux to Battery.
Instead of nerfing A2B, I think the slow changes in the game have begun to get folks to explore not using A2B to reap some other benefits.

For now, A2B is still quite effective when you build with it in mind. Most of the high DPS PvE setups (10k+ per ACT using Allhecumas plug-in) I have had the pleasure to witness have been A2B builds. This includes an A2B Scmimtar beam boat, that has been able to reach over 25k DPS (that is twenty-five thousand if you thought that was a typo) on The Cure Found Elite mission by a couple of my fleetmates. It's a horrible PvP build, but it's incredibly impressive in PvE.
Empire Veteran
# 138
09-13-2013, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpharma View Post
lol are you following me!?

But yes, I wonder if Photonic Officer will make a comeback if A2B gets nerfed...
Doubtful. PO, despite my thread, just isn't worthwhile enough for most ships. It can be useful for some, but it just isn't useful enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpharma View Post
It might be worth pointing this out. If the devs do indeed look at A2B and decide it's too much of a reduction and out of line, do you know what they'll cut it back to?

It'll most likely be cut back to be more in line with Photonic Officer. This wouldn't be good for anyone.
Amen there.

But I agree with Virus, A2B isn't an issue. Potent, yes, but not the main issue at hand. It's all the stuff that interacts with A2B nowadays that makes it seem over the top.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
Starfleet Veteran
# 139
09-13-2013, 12:07 PM
This is an obvious exploit. Anyone doing this is an exploiter. Using this is exploiting. Being killed by someone using this oblivious exploit isn't fun for the person being killed. How is a person supposed to compete with someone exploiting the system to get rid of their boff cooldowns.
Nerf Klinks, Buff Rommies

Last edited by aldo1raine; 09-13-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 140
09-13-2013, 12:17 PM
Do you mean the A2B?
Ehi Cryptic...don't listen Jesus vaporizing UFOs...that's all!
He's an evul Klingun who wanna vaporize sitting duck poor Fed Cruisers!