Lieutenant
# 1 Doffs for shuttles!
10-07-2013, 06:03 AM
This game needs an extra set of space doffs slots specifically and only affecting your shuttle. Seperate the current space into main ship and shuttle, give it 3-5 doffs, and don't let the normal doffs for the large ship affect the shuttle or visa versa. Then we can just have some extra doffs hung up for our shuttle instead of having to switch them which is annoying. And we possibly need doffs oriented to shuttles. I love shuttles and wish the game had more content oriented towards them..
Lieutenant
# 2
10-07-2013, 01:21 PM
Doffs are supposed to represent the faceless masses roaming your ship. The enlisted crewmen and junior officers that are just there to flip switches and press buttons until something explodes, killing them to show how dangerous the situation is. There's no room for nameless redshirts on a shuttle.

Hell, the fact that your starship doff powers apply to your shuttle is bizarre enough... If I had five guys chilling in the back of my peregrine fighter, I'd imagine they'd be of most use to me if I launched them into the vacuum of space as decoys against any torpedoes locked onto me.
All the toys you can't afford.
Lieutenant
# 3
10-07-2013, 03:43 PM
Then what about doff slots relative to your max crew. 8p It should involve an insanely over convoluted formula to get how many doff slots you get for spce or ground. Heck some ships could give more for space or ground to help you specialize etc.
Rihannsu
# 4
10-07-2013, 05:39 PM
that'd be a balancing nightmare...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 5
10-08-2013, 08:07 PM
Yeah, great, more confusion upon switching from a 30-crew BoP to a 1500 crew battlecruiser... or from the Battlecruiser to a 300 crew Raptor, etc...

Now if Active DOff slots were somehow made linked to the DOff roster where the larger your DOff roster (up to the 400 DOff max), the more Active DOffs you could have, that I could see working.
----
Proud Supporter of the Yeager-type.

Want more player participation, Cryptic? Forget more Queued Events, just raise the Dilithium refinement cap and watch what happens.