Captain
# 1 Mildly peeved...
09-11-2013, 10:16 PM
So, I reached Vice Admiral tonight. I'd been looking forward to it, because I wanted to get the T'Varo refit that can fire torpedoes while cloaked.

Used my one precious free ship token, and got the T'Varo.

Took it into the Gorn Minefield mission to try it out. Of course, I uncloaked during the mine phase, but when taking on ships, I cloaked and thought I'd attack with torpedoes only.

To my suprise and fury, the ship DOES NOT stay cloaked while firing torpedoes. It uncloaks you briefly, leaving your shields DOWN, so that the enemy can nuke the crap out of you with torpedoes. This cloaking device is a death sentence.

FALSE ADVERTISING. You should alter the description of the cloak on this ship to more accurately describe what it does. As it is, I am now screwed out of taking the D'Deridex refit because the description of the T'Varo's cloak ability was false.

More than miffed. Pretty peeved, in fact.
Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

Crafting, Exploration and Interaction as it should be:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1108521
Captain
# 2
09-11-2013, 10:22 PM
You were cloaked, you were able to fire a torpedo. Therefore you fired a torpedo while cloak. Technically it isn't false advertising, but it does lead you to believe you would still be cloaked while you fire the torpedo

Normally you have to force leave cloak to fire anything
Chive on and prosper

Anarchy Nexus recruitment thread

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Captain
# 3
09-11-2013, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelmarik View Post
So, I reached Vice Admiral tonight. I'd been looking forward to it, because I wanted to get the T'Varo refit that can fire torpedoes while cloaked.

Used my one precious free ship token, and got the T'Varo.

Took it into the Gorn Minefield mission to try it out. Of course, I uncloaked during the mine phase, but when taking on ships, I cloaked and thought I'd attack with torpedoes only.

To my suprise and fury, the ship DOES NOT stay cloaked while firing torpedoes. It uncloaks you briefly, leaving your shields DOWN, so that the enemy can nuke the crap out of you with torpedoes. This cloaking device is a death sentence.

FALSE ADVERTISING. You should alter the description of the cloak on this ship to more accurately describe what it does. As it is, I am now screwed out of taking the D'Deridex refit because the description of the T'Varo's cloak ability was false.

I'm guessing you've never seen the movie?
Captain
# 4
09-11-2013, 11:20 PM
Erm, according to the wiki's copy-paste from the in-game description,

Quote:
Enhanced Battle Cloak grants stealth to your starship, but lowers your shields while active. Battle Cloak can be activated in combat, and allows torpedoes, mines, and most Bridge Officer and Captain abilities to be activated while the Cloak is active. When attacking while cloaked, the ships cloak will drop for a few seconds, leaving the ship momentarily exposed with the shields down.
When activated, your shields will drop for a few seconds before the Cloak fully engages. Immediately after decloaking, you will have a short duration damage bonus.
The strength of the cloak is determined by your starship's auxiliary power setting.
So, yeah, I haven't checked in-game, but I'll do so later. If I'm wrong, I'll edit.

But nope, I don't think it's false advertising if this is there.
Take it easy!

Ishmael@scurry5: A Nibbling Sci
"Squeak?"
Empire Veteran
# 5
09-11-2013, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelmarik View Post

Last time I checked I'm pretty sure the description of the Enhanced Battle Cloak states that it will decloak you for about 3 seconds when firing torps. Mines don't decloak you at all.

The EBC works the same as the B'rel retrofit (my main ship), and I've never had problems with it.
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/Jagged_Phoenix/SignatureJabitha4_zps2cadf7c1.jpg
Empire Veteran
# 6
09-12-2013, 12:12 AM
If you want to fire from cloak without exposing yourself and keep shields during cloak get a Scimitar. lol.
Captain
# 7
09-12-2013, 02:05 AM
A Bird Of Prey Canna Fire When Shes Cloaked
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Captain
# 8
09-12-2013, 04:24 AM
Sorry but this makes me lol every time I see one of these threads

I think there has been one a week since varo release

Including one a week since Brel release, Read before you buy

Plus don't you think it would be a little op if you could actually do that or did you see "I-win" button
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Ensign
# 9
09-12-2013, 05:54 AM
Someone didn't read properly.
Someone didn't watch the show.
Someone wants a change that will make a ship so completely OP we would see T'varo Online instead of Star Trek online.
Captain
# 10
09-12-2013, 11:03 AM

Wow. Someone needs to re-read this, and someone needs to actually know what an EBC is. You ever had a KDF BoP tickling you while in Ker'rat? The bugger decloaks for a few seconds while torping, but instantly re-cloaks. I dunno why you were having issues with the T'varo... it's called HIT AND RUN. -.-
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.