Lt. Commander
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 195
Let's face it, the energy damage done by many pets... okay, every pet we have is so pathetic as to be nearly inconsequential. They seem to be operating under a policy of death by a hundred cuts, except they forgot to bring the other 88 of them.

Ever since carriers starting growing in numbers, the sole factor to look for in pet damage performance has been pretty much entirely 'how strong are their torpedoes?' and 'do they use high yield?'. Which is really unfortunate for things like the tholian reputation pets, since they look so cool when they fill the screen with FAW beams... but they get one quantum torpedo and no high yield, so oh well, back to scorpions! Oh, the upgrade for elite peregrines over advanced is CRF? Yes, that 50 extra cannon DPS they'll do is definitely worth 100,000 fleet credits...

So, my wish is that once, just ONCE, we can get a carrier pet that does GOOD damage, but via its energy weapons, not through one ridiculously powerful torpedo mount.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,729
# 2
10-25-2013, 02:13 AM
Personally i prefer seeing my scorpions swarming whilst firing litlle plasma pop guns. THEN SUDDENLY.........12 HY PLASMA TORPS!!!!!!!
Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 120
# 3
10-25-2013, 04:25 AM
As a tact captain flying a Fleet HEC i rather have my pets debuff than do damage, its sweet when you have your target stalled in space with so many pets with tractor beam at him that i just park and shoot his ass off.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 132
# 4
10-25-2013, 06:30 AM
I just wish I could control the power levels of my pets and have them actually listen to the commands I give them. I put my BoP pets to 100 weapons when I am drawing aggro, but if they are getting shot then back to shields and engines so they don't instantly explode. I would actually be a challenge to maximize your pets performance by adjusting power levels as the combat conditions change.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 292
# 5
10-25-2013, 12:36 PM
idk what the OP flys, but i use Advanced Romulan Drone Ships on my Scimitars, and they do massive amounts of energy weapon damage due to having all beam banks, against many foes they lose effectiveness of course, but that's to be expected. against a single battleship foe or a few frigate class enemies and chaining their abilities, which they usually do, they rapidly strip an enemy of shields and hull.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,537
# 6
10-25-2013, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onyxheart1 View Post
idk what the OP flys, but i use Advanced Romulan Drone Ships on my Scimitars, and they do massive amounts of energy weapon damage due to having all beam banks, against many foes they lose effectiveness of course, but that's to be expected. against a single battleship foe or a few frigate class enemies and chaining their abilities, which they usually do, they rapidly strip an enemy of shields and hull.
drone ships are frigates. frigates > fighters in this game atm
Lieutenant
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 54
# 7
10-25-2013, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
drone ships are frigates. frigates > fighters in this game atm
And yet the OP calls out ALL pets...
Quote:
Let's face it, the energy damage done by many pets... okay, every pet we have is so pathetic as to be nearly inconsequential.
So are Frigates not pets? My gorn will be sad to know his BOP's are not pets.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,537
# 8
10-25-2013, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottstaten View Post
And yet the OP calls out ALL pets...


So are Frigates not pets? My gorn will be sad to know his BOP's are not pets.
He may be a fed, so the only frigates he will be able to get is the Elite Tholian ones from the recluse.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,251
# 9
10-25-2013, 01:33 PM
I would love being able to set the power levels on all my Hanger Support.

Using 200 total power has a base for my Hanger Craft; I would setup my Fighters and Frigates like this:

100 Weapons

50 Shields

25 Engines

25 Auxiliary

I think what could also work would be to tie in the power levels that our Hanger craft use to the mode that we put them in.

Attack = Max Weapons (100 Weapons, 50 Shields, 25 Engines and 25 Auxiliary)

Intercept = Max Engines (50 Weapons, 25 Shields, 100 Engines and 25 Auxiliary)

Escort = Balanced (50 Weapons, 50 Shields, 50 Engines and 50 Auxiliary)

Recall = Max Shields (25 Weapons, 100 Shields, 50 Engines and 25 Auxiliary)
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,065
# 10
10-25-2013, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by errab View Post
I would love being able to set the power levels on all my Hanger Support.

Using 200 total power has a base for my Hanger Craft; I would setup my Fighters and Frigates like this:

100 Weapons

50 Shields

25 Engines

25 Auxiliary

I think what could also work would be to tie in the power levels that our Hanger craft use to the mode that we put them in.

Attack = Max Weapons (100 Weapons, 50 Shields, 25 Engines and 25 Auxiliary)

Intercept = Max Engines (50 Weapons, 25 Shields, 100 Engines and 25 Auxiliary)

Escort = Balanced (50 Weapons, 50 Shields, 50 Engines and 50 Auxiliary)

Recall = Max Shields (25 Weapons, 100 Shields, 50 Engines and 25 Auxiliary)
I hadn't come up with any number but this is exactly what came to mind earlier today when reading this thread. If they could do this it would be helpful...
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:14 AM.