Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 42
So I just started getting into PvP this weekend. I know my gear and build is not yet optimal. But I decided to give it a go and see how things went. These are my observations from about 50 matches over the weekend. These were all PUG Queues with little to no coordination.

1. Fed vs Klink: I only saw Feds win 1 match vs the Klingon's. So I have to wonder. Are all the really good pvp'ers just over on the Klink side? Is there some kind of balance issues between the ships/gear/abilities? I dont know, im too new to tell. I just know 99% of the matches as a Fed vs Klingon, we got destroyed, almost always a near shutout.

2. Fed vs Fed: Excluding the the PUG vs Premade matches (which I fully intend to lose) in general is seems the side with most Romulan ships wins. Take that back, it was always the side with the more romulan ships who won.

So please help a noob pvp out. Why is Fed side so horrible? Is it just all the good PvP'ers are Klingon or Romulan. Is Fed under balanced or just played wrong?

It really seems like Feds only bonus is a wider ship selection. But please, as stated earlier, im new, so I prolly dont know what im talking about. Was just looking for feedback.

(Was flying a Fleet Tactical Escort by the way. In the matches were the teams were more or less balanced and the match was not completely 1 sided I actually tended to get around 10-1 score on average, so I guess im not too terrible in some instances).
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 410
# 2
09-13-2013, 09:13 AM
Hello, and welcome to PvP.

First let me address the issue of Fed vs Klink PvP issues. The Klingon faction gets less ships, less equipment, less players, and less attention then feds do. So why would somebody want to play that? They want to PvP. So on average, the greater majority of players on the Klink side will be more experienced.

As for Romulan ship winning? They probably had the money to get the ship. So they had the finances, either in game or in real life to claim better gear. This allows them to focus more on one perticular play style. And Very Rare consoles don't hurt the cause either.

If you want some help, please join one of the channels in game, or post specific question in here!
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 844
# 3
09-13-2013, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rendar1970 View Post
So I just started getting into PvP this weekend. I know my gear and build is not yet optimal. But I decided to give it a go and see how things went. These are my observations from about 50 matches over the weekend. These were all PUG Queues with little to no coordination.

1. Fed vs Klink: I only saw Feds win 1 match vs the Klingon's. So I have to wonder. Are all the really good pvp'ers just over on the Klink side? Is there some kind of balance issues between the ships/gear/abilities? I dont know, im too new to tell. I just know 99% of the matches as a Fed vs Klingon, we got destroyed, almost always a near shutout.

2. Fed vs Fed: Excluding the the PUG vs Premade matches (which I fully intend to lose) in general is seems the side with most Romulan ships wins. Take that back, it was always the side with the more romulan ships who won.

So please help a noob pvp out. Why is Fed side so horrible? Is it just all the good PvP'ers are Klingon or Romulan. Is Fed under balanced or just played wrong?

It really seems like Feds only bonus is a wider ship selection. But please, as stated earlier, im new, so I prolly dont know what im talking about. Was just looking for feedback.

(Was flying a Fleet Tactical Escort by the way. In the matches were the teams were more or less balanced and the match was not completely 1 sided I actually tended to get around 10-1 score on average, so I guess im not too terrible in some instances).
1 - Most Klingon pilots are seasoned played before free2play snarling evil animals I used to love fighting on their side

2 - Most federation players that come in the ques are Captain Kirk noobs they bring their pve build into the arena and wouldn't know how to cast a heal or through a guy a tt if their life depended on it

3 - Practice makes perfect so with more practice you yourself will be better also join tyler_durden they do random teams but fair teams with no bs and cheese aloud, very good fun

4 -Romulans are OP nothing about this will change as they are the latest cashcow for a business that is STO(remember that's why their here)

5 - Romulans are OP so whichever team has the most of them will win due to insane crit rate and crit damage plus ALL their ships have the battle cloak which allows them to start and end the fight when they want(I'm not complaining I love my BO'Varo)

6 - Romulans are OP

7 - Romulans are OP

8 - Make note/favourite DDIS's page stickied at the top of the pvp forum he has a build for nearly every ship every single one of them works(I use most of em) and a good place to ask questions is on here don't be shy just make sure you take Attack pattern beta out your build before posting for help
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----

Last edited by mustafatennick; 09-13-2013 at 09:20 AM.
Commander
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 292
# 4
09-13-2013, 10:10 AM
It's true. KDF pug PvP'ers are better and we generally wipe the floor with fed teams. This is due to the fact that the KDF was originally THE PvP faction and also we just seem to work better as a team with more coordination and less "Kirking" due to more experience. Any given night you'll see 15-20 KDF waiting for a Arena match. Fed's won't often Queue for FvK arena because, well, they don't want to lose. Which I find amusing. There also tends to be a lot less noobs and less Dil farmers than on the fed side.
As far as the Romulan thing goes, everyone knows they're OP and unbalanced and yes a full team of Roms has an inherent advantage against a team of mixed or non roms. But, there are ways to eff the Roms. Charged particle burst and tractor beams are good. Whenever your Rom target goes to cloak hit em with a tractor. Hit them with Viral matrix or something that will kill their Aux, also crippling.
Your ship is a great ship. The Fleet Defiant, in the right hands and with a good setup can hang with any escort out there. My team mate flies one in PvP and he pwns roms and bug ships alike regularly. In fact, he's in some of the top tens on the Hilbert guide leaderboard. You could say I'm proud of him. I like rooting for the underdog.
In STO PvP, your teammates and team work are often more important the the ship you're flying. ****, I was in a match last night in a freakin Mirror Patrol Escort, and on a good team. Only died once and we won. So there ya go...
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,492
# 5
09-13-2013, 10:16 AM
Wanna know the truth?
The evul Klinguns are OP players...we all Feds suck!
K D F - Killing Disadvantaged Feds
K D F - The evul way to play Sto

Adm. Marcus orders: Punish the evul Klinguns! Punish the evul HOBOs! And nuclearize Qo'nos once and for all!
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,786
# 6
09-13-2013, 10:28 AM
As others have mentioned most Klinks pvp more... Almost no one only has a Klingon toon... so more then likely they are not new... they are not on there only toon... and they tend to understand better how the Fed ships work... as they have played both sides where as many fed players have never roled a klink. (also almost every pug match you will get as a fed is going to have at least one person on your team that is only there for the Dilihtium... if you are just playing for D it doesn't make sense to que up and wait for ever on a klink those people tend to be fed... so your looses to the klinks where likely always really 4v5 or 3v5 and in some cases you may even be the only fed in fact trying to win. lol)

Rom ships are not really op but they do have some advantages... and as was pointed out if you sprang for Romulan ships with real or fake currency you most likely also have gear to match.

Having said that... every serious high end PvP team is going to be Fed. (well not all but damn close to all). Not that they need to be seeing as most premades are made up of a collection of lockbox ships anyway.

In any even welcome... the game is both very well balanced and completely unbalanced and you'll understand that the more you play.

Join OrganizedPvP... where you can get to know the general PvP community.

Also join Tyler Durden... the thread explaining TD is in this section. We welcome everyone and anyone... and are more then happy to see fresh blood coming out for our fight club fights.

Along the way I'm sure you will run into many people with advice. Take it... adapt it... and have fun.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,400
# 7
09-13-2013, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafatennick View Post
2 - Most federation players that come in the ques are Captain Kirk noobs they bring their pve build into the arena and wouldn't know how to cast a heal or through a guy a tt if their life depended on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
...many fed players have never roled a klink. (also almost every pug match you will get as a fed is going to have at least one person on your team that is only there for the Dilihtium... if you are just playing for D it doesn't make sense to que up and wait for ever on a klink those people tend to be fed... so your looses to the klinks where likely always really 4v5 or 3v5 and in some cases you may even be the only fed in fact trying to win. lol)


About 2 weeks ago I queued up for FvK in my Rom-Fed Tac/T'Varo.


My team?

Tac/Odyssey
Tac/Nebula
Tac/Patrol Escort
Tac/Excelsior



It was a pretty one sided affair, I did what damage I could do and had a lot of fun counter-vaping the decloakers - I tossed out Tac teams & hazards in between alphas as often as I could, but it was a pretty hysterical roflstomping that my team took.

Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 844
# 8
09-13-2013, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panserbjorne39 View Post
It's true. KDF pug PvP'ers are better and we generally wipe the floor with fed teams. This is due to the fact that the KDF was originally THE PvP faction and also we just seem to work better as a team with more coordination and less "Kirking" due to more experience. Any given night you'll see 15-20 KDF waiting for a Arena match. Fed's won't often Queue for FvK arena because, well, they don't want to lose. Which I find amusing. There also tends to be a lot less noobs and less Dil farmers than on the fed side.
As far as the Romulan thing goes, everyone knows they're OP and unbalanced and yes a full team of Roms has an inherent advantage against a team of mixed or non roms. But, there are ways to eff the Roms. Charged particle burst and tractor beams are good. Whenever your Rom target goes to cloak hit em with a tractor. Hit them with Viral matrix or something that will kill their Aux, also crippling.
Your ship is a great ship. The Fleet Defiant, in the right hands and with a good setup can hang with any escort out there. My team mate flies one in PvP and he pwns roms and bug ships alike regularly. In fact, he's in some of the top tens on the Hilbert guide leaderboard. You could say I'm proud of him. I like rooting for the underdog.
In STO PvP, your teammates and team work are often more important the the ship you're flying. ****, I was in a match last night in a freakin Mirror Patrol Escort, and on a good team. Only died once and we won. So there ya go...
The bit where you say the Roms can be beaten hit him with VM/CPB/tractor this all depends on several factors

1 - Finding him which if he's any threat he will be running correct BOFFs(huge stealth numbers) and keeping at least 5 km away from you

2 - Surviving his initial Alpha

3 - Leaving either TSS or hazard emitters at home(on most escort/tac orientated ships)

4 - Having a team who either aren't AFK or dil grinding(therefore want a 15nil ASAP) an the team knows how to communicate


Quote:
Originally Posted by starwrathforever View Post
Wanna know the truth?
The evul Klinguns are OP players...we all Feds suck!
o_O
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 646
# 9
09-13-2013, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rendar1970 View Post
1. Fed vs Klink: I only saw Feds win 1 match vs the Klingon's. So I have to wonder. Are all the really good pvp'ers just over on the Klink side? Is there some kind of balance issues between the ships/gear/abilities? I dont know, im too new to tell. I just know 99% of the matches as a Fed vs Klingon, we got destroyed, almost always a near shutout.
actually, the best pvepers are in fed side. No because "fed are better", because fvk queques are empty so good pveprs are forced to switch to fed faction. Most of the feds that queque for fvk are noobs and they are easly stomped by klingos, mostly cause they don't even know how to play vs cloakers.


Quote:
Originally Posted by rendar1970 View Post
2. Fed vs Fed: Excluding the the PUG vs Premade matches (which I fully intend to lose) in general is seems the side with most Romulan ships wins. Take that back, it was always the side with the more romulan ships who won.
YEah, romulans are out of balance. The neft to double beam overlord is a good first time, supeior operative boffs for everyone is the next one.
John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 42
# 10
09-13-2013, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panserbjorne39 View Post
Your ship is a great ship. The Fleet Defiant, in the right hands and with a good setup can hang with any escort out there. My team mate flies one in PvP and he pwns roms and bug ships alike regularly.
I would love to see his build or get his @handle so I can ask him some questions
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:03 AM.