Career Officer
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 54
# 31
09-15-2013, 01:53 AM
Frankly, these ships were not needed. Congrats Cryptic for coming out with these 'tactical'ships in the faction that is already stuffed with 'tactical' ships. Could have been a great opportunity to throw some slightly more engineering/science orientated ships into the mix but you stuck to type since this is a DPS game nowadays.

And even then as most have already pointed out, they don't even offer anything new over T'Varos, Dhelans and Mogais!

Proud member of the STO Academy Fleets
Check out the Public Service Channel for in-game services
Member of the The Data Network
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 228
# 32
09-15-2013, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasukurobi View Post
I am talking about the lvl 50 ship using both the Quads and its console. So basically using the full set on the end level ship.

Also I am not talking about just PvP. It also does not really shine in PvE by comparison to most of its realistic competition. (Not even getting into the Scimitar here...)

However, it is not "Bad" it just is not particularly "Good". Meaning that if you want the best ship that is reasonably affordable then this is not really it. If you already have the other ships then this still loses. If you are fine with it being a bit less than stellar but still functional and truly love the looks (which are beautiful) then it is fine.




It only suffers from Tank and Output issues when using its Quads and Console especially when compared to the Fleet T'Varo (Come on... They are one of the easiest to get), Fleet Dhelan (Nearly the same ease), and even the Vet Ship (Hard to get or easy depending).




1) Low Shield power = Low Resistance

2) There is, discharge your shuttlecraft. If you don't you can sometimes end up taking damage to the shuttle's hull somehow and that really screws up your tank.
Well how about this ... ever heard of what fits your play style and make it works.. not every one is going to like what you like . So in that saying you may have your opinion on it.
I am going to buy the ship it can cloak use it to your advantage hit fast and be gone.. So yeah its good ship you cant compare this ship with other ships because it Depends on play style, if you don't like it its ok don't buy it I am sure others who like it and make it work and also you can put really good gear in there make it awesome ship and traits ...Then again its not about the ship it self its about the person who flying the ship.. Then again from my experience its not about the ship if a person know how to use it he can be deadly in pvp .I have meet a lot of good pvp people in different ships So I stop being what you said comparing ships... Why because don't make sense because there always some one out there who knows how to play and win.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 228
# 33
09-15-2013, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsloan31 View Post
Frankly, these ships were not needed. Congrats Cryptic for coming out with these 'tactical'ships in the faction that is already stuffed with 'tactical' ships. Could have been a great opportunity to throw some slightly more engineering/science orientated ships into the mix but you stuck to type since this is a DPS game nowadays.

And even then as most have already pointed out, they don't even offer anything new over T'Varos, Dhelans and Mogais!
I would agree if I was not after that game play... rofl I play what ship I want I pick what ship I fly I play how I want its my game.. so if I get the ship any body can say what they want its all about having fun . If I want to fly a little hotdog ship and have people chase me then I will fly that.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 984
# 34
09-15-2013, 07:42 AM
The boff setup isn't great, but it's not terrible. I'd say it's good though, a choice between aux-based heals or not. (comedy option: put a tac in there and be a glass cannon)

Everything else though is more or less solid. IMO

Hopefully the Fleet version brings more to the table
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,984
# 35
09-15-2013, 09:22 AM
In my opinion, the ships would have been fine if they kept it to a T4 version for the Quads.

The T5 is completely unnecessary as we already have ships that do better. Hell, its is just a straight copy of the Mogai bar one ensign boff seat and a lot less hull....

I love the design, but as a ship, meh.

My Chars = 1 Main (Fed Eng) & 5 Mules for fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,241
# 36
09-15-2013, 06:27 PM
I hadn't bought it yet. However I will consider it in the future. Since I have some other warbirds to buy 1st. I won't get the 1500 one just to get the skin and Quads. I can't justify buying that option again. Like I did on my Defiant Retrofit. However I will get the other version so I can use it at Lv50. I like the look, as its more sleeker than the Ha'feh I'm currently using. And it has a kinda D'deridex look as well.

I don't have a problem using Quads, as I use them on my Defiant Retrofit. And they do well with what I do. Granted it don't have the power as the DHCs, but the visuals and sound is very nice. Some commented on them sucking the power off engines. I used my Defiant over the weekend. Even at rapid fire kicked in. I never saw much engine power loss to cause problems. Course I only do rapid fire when I'm after a big target to wear out the shields. And my approach is slower than usual. Only reason I got the Quads cause it wouldn't be a Defiant class without them.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,525
# 37
09-15-2013, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsloan31 View Post
Frankly, these ships were not needed. Congrats Cryptic for coming out with these 'tactical'ships in the faction that is already stuffed with 'tactical' ships. Could have been a great opportunity to throw some slightly more engineering/science orientated ships into the mix but you stuck to type since this is a DPS game nowadays.

And even then as most have already pointed out, they don't even offer anything new over T'Varos, Dhelans and Mogais!
Apparently they were needed since so many people wanted to have a Tac option for Captain level...you knew they were bound to make a retrofit along with the Cmdr version...and this way now every faction has their identifying damage quad cannons.

So they killed two birds with one stone...filled in a lot of things people wanted.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,090
# 38
09-15-2013, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
Apparently they were needed since so many people wanted to have a Tac option for Captain level...you knew they were bound to make a retrofit along with the Cmdr version...and this way now every faction has their identifying damage quad cannons.

So they killed two birds with one stone...filled in a lot of things people wanted.
Not really. The Romulans aren't their own faction. They already had access to Quad Cannons via the Fed or KDF side of the game.
Captain
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 546
# 39
09-15-2013, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmaker001b View Post
Not really. The Romulans aren't their own faction. They already had access to Quad Cannons via the Fed or KDF side of the game.
Some of us choose not to use ships of alien manufacture. We remember those cursed klivam vessels all too well - rumor has it that they award shipbuilding contracts to the lowest bidder, and it was quite obvious.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,163
# 40
09-15-2013, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsloan31 View Post
Frankly, these ships were not needed. Congrats Cryptic for coming out with these 'tactical'ships in the faction that is already stuffed with 'tactical' ships. Could have been a great opportunity to throw some slightly more engineering/science orientated ships into the mix but you stuck to type since this is a DPS game nowadays.

And even then as most have already pointed out, they don't even offer anything new over T'Varos, Dhelans and Mogais!
Well they did need to get out the Plasma Quad Cannons from somewhere. Everyone was asking for them. However, Quads on Romulan Ships are a bit rougher than they are on normal ships were they are still hard to justify most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goku5030 View Post
Well how about this ... ever heard of what fits your play style and make it works.. not every one is going to like what you like . So in that saying you may have your opinion on it. You cant compare this ship with other ships because it Depends on play style, if you don't like it its ok don't buy it I am sure others who like it and make it work and also you can put really good gear in there make it awesome ship and traits ...Then again its not about the ship it self its about the person who flying the ship.. Then again from my experience its not about the ship if a person know how to use it he can be deadly in pvp .I have meet a lot of good pvp people in different ships So I stop being what you said comparing ships... Why because don't make sense because there always some one out there who knows how to play and win.
I agree with you and also disagree with you.

What I agree is that if you cannot handle a ship and what it can do then even if it is awesome it does not matter. The Scimitar is a prime example. To someone who get get every last drop of Over Powered Greatness from that ship it blows EVERYTHING else out space. However, it takes a very particular set of captaining skills to do that and if you do not have them then it will NOT come across feeling very powerful at all to you. You might do a lot better in something like a Cruiser if that is your thing.

HOWEVER, I disagree with the idea that there is no way to compare ships. When you make ship comparisons you must assume that the Captain in question can handle the ship and use it to its fullest. With that assumption made then you can look at what each ship can do in terms of turn rate, shield modifier, hull strength, weapon slots, console slots, BOFF seating, power levels, and all special powers and determine which ships are better than which others and there are clear and definitive measures to back this up.

This ship does NOT measure up well to what we already have access to. In terms of its stats and actual capabilities it is not that great. That means if you take someone who can Captain her perfectly and pit her against a Fleet Dhelan with a similarly competent Captain then the Fleet Dhelan would win every time hands down due to its superior stats and performance. This same sort of analysis applies to EVERYTHING in life but you MUST remove the randomness of the human element when trying to make any comparison otherwise there are far too many confounding factors.



Also: I am not saying you cannot fly this thing. It is not going to go away. I really do not care rather you prefer it or not. The question was asked what our opinion of this Warbird was. I gave mine and since have backed it up with a bit more details and facts. However, the more I back it up the less of an opinion it becomes and the more of an objective statement we are reaching. All I care to do is in this case is inform others how it stacks up compared to its competition so that those who are considering buying it are armed with a few more facts with which to make their final decision.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:27 PM.