Lt. Commander
# 51
09-16-2013, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasukurobi View Post
This response tells me that I have somehow failed to communicate effectively with you because you seem to have gotten the wrong message. That is regrettable and I will attempt now to figure out a way to properly communicate my actual point so that hopefully it is more clearly understood.

First, I would never speak ill of the Scimitar, it is the most powerful ship in the game currently without question. However, like you have quite correctly pointed out, if the person who is flying the Scimitar is not comfortable with flying it and does not really have a feel for how to use it and set it up correctly then they will not find it a good ship because their inability to cope with the ship will cause it to fail for them consistently. That is to say that Captain skill and comfort with any given ship is far more important than the ship itself in most cases.

Secondly, I did not really suggest that you MUST fly Fleet ships or that I even believe all fleet ships are the best and indeed most Lock Box ships are not that great from what I have seen.

Lastly, what I AM saying is this:

Ship A has 5 Forward Weapons, 3 Rear Weapons, 5 Tactical Consoles and 5 Engineering Consoles. It has a Turn Rate of 17. It has 45,000 Hull and 10,000 Shields per Facing with a Standard Shield. It also has a Tactical Heavy BOFF layout with two of Lt. Universals that can be used for anything.

Ship B has 4 Forward Weapons, 3 Rear Weapons, 4 Tactical Consoles, 3 Science Consoles, and 2 Engineering Consoles. It has a Turn Rate of 14. It has 40,000 Hull and 8,000 Shields per Facing with a Standard Shield. It also has a Tactical Heavy BOFF layout with no Universal Seats and only a Lt. Engineering Seat for Engineering skills.

Now if you have both ships set up as best as you can get them so that they deal optimal damage and tank as fully as they can and both ships are Captained by very competent Captains who are comfortable with their ship and the ships tactics then Ship A is going to win every time. Why is Ship A going to win? Because it has the better stats, it has more firepower, better console layout, better BOFF layout, more Hull and Shields, and it turns faster than Ship B. There is no way Ship B is going to outperform Ship A if both their Captains are of equal skill levels. The only way Ship B can defeat Ship A is if the Captain of Ship B is more skilled and more comfortable with their ship than the Captain of Ship A is.

With that said: Ships CAN be compared to one another the moment you remove human error and skill levels.
This is more understanding O_o.. sorry for my lack of intelct .. :O now we can both have coffe and call it a day ... Take care
Survivor of Romulus
# 52
09-16-2013, 09:38 PM
Is it really fair to compare this ship to Fleet ships? Fleet ships are gonna be better on stats in general, not just in this specific example.

I think a fairer comparison would be to compare it to other retrofits. I am sure we'll see a Fleet version of the Ar'kif sooner or later.
Commander
# 53
09-17-2013, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stofsk View Post
I am sure we'll see a Fleet version of the Ar'kif sooner or later.
I think that's pretty much assured since it says right on the console useable with Fleet Ar'kif. My guess to why it hasn't been released yet is they're working on a model variation for the fleet ship which wasn't ready for release.
Captain
# 54
09-17-2013, 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonhellsting View Post
I think that's pretty much assured since it says right on the console useable with Fleet Ar'kif. My guess to why it hasn't been released yet is they're working on a model variation for the fleet ship which wasn't ready for release.
Either that or they're having issues coding in the fleet material. Or they're coming up with an entirely new skin/material for said fleet version. OR they are adjusting it's BOff layout to be not so restrictive (or possibly even more so, who knows).
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Lt. Commander
# 55
09-17-2013, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stofsk View Post
Is it really fair to compare this ship to Fleet ships? Fleet ships are gonna be better on stats in general, not just in this specific example.

I think a fairer comparison would be to compare it to other retrofits. I am sure we'll see a Fleet version of the Ar'kif sooner or later.
Thisis true i dont have a fleet ship i have scimatar and its not fleet so i do fine ..
Survivor of Romulus
# 56
09-17-2013, 07:41 AM
I have both, and I also do fine, I even have an AD, and find the tactical Warbird to be very similar with the Battle cloak and singularity filling the gaps from what the AD gives me.
Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
I.R.W. Valdore gives 0 (132283) Radiation Damage to Tal'is with Thalaron Pulse. ==> Tal'is deals 132283 Special Damage to Tal'is with Immunity Matrix

Captain
# 57
09-17-2013, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goku5030 View Post
Thisis true i dont have a fleet ship i have scimatar and its not fleet so i do fine ..
The Scimitar comes with ten console slots. It's already a fleet ship.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 58
09-17-2013, 04:03 PM
We're making a pretty cool update to the Ar'Kif Tactical Warbird Retrofit in the near future. Stay tuned for details!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Survivor of Romulus
# 59
09-17-2013, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
We're making a pretty cool update to the Ar'Kif Tactical Warbird Retrofit in the near future. Stay tuned for details!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Curious.
Interest levels are rising, , captain.
Commander
# 60
09-17-2013, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Ŏ_Ծ Intriguing...I hope it's something I won't need a tier 4 fleet for that would make me a sad Romulan watching from the sidelines.