Lt. Commander
# 1 earning 25 million ec per day.
09-07-2013, 01:57 PM
Hi all, have had a quick scan but please redirect me if im posting an already discussed thread.
A fellow captain I chatted to during an estf said he earned 25 million energy credits per day! I think thats bs but i was wondering, is there anyone out there who can earn close to that?. The most ive managed in a week is 17 million.

And sorry to anyone who thought this thread was how to earn 25 million per day. I couldnt help my self with the title :-).
Vice Admiral Davian Thule.

Fleet Exploration Cruiser Retrofit.
Kobayashi Crew.
Follow us on Twitter @KobayashiCrew. Like us on Facebook.
Captain
# 2
09-07-2013, 02:12 PM
I suppose it is possible if you buy a 10-pack of lockbox keys and sell them for 1.6-1.7M.
Add selling minerals and you can go a long way.
Lieutenant
# 3
09-07-2013, 02:35 PM
Did he say how many toons that was spread across? I'd find it hard to believe any one toon was making 25m per day.
Lieutenant
# 4
09-07-2013, 02:36 PM
Yeah, I was kinda wondering something along the same lines. Read in another forum post where the OP was claiming to easily earn 100M (100,000,000) EC in a day. I, too, think that's bs but if someone can explain how that's possible, I'd like to learn. The best I've managed is only a few hundred thousand.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-07-2013, 03:22 PM
Earning a million is easy just by selling loot or doing the 101 farming for ec foundry mission and selling rare partial traces. But I dont come close to 25 mil.
Vice Admiral Davian Thule.

Fleet Exploration Cruiser Retrofit.
Kobayashi Crew.
Follow us on Twitter @KobayashiCrew. Like us on Facebook.
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
09-07-2013, 03:31 PM
That sort of money can be made per day, sure, but it's going to be from having a big bankroll, and buying/selling on the exchange.

I bet 90%+ of the people making 25m/day+ are doing it from watching the exchange. There's some serious money to be made from mispricing and people not understanding the concept of value on some stuff (acc3 or crd3 weapons), or selling stacks as single items. The problem is do you fancy clicking "search" for 3 solid hours of game time? Rooted to that one spot on ESD? I'll pass.

The problem is, this method of making money is incredibly boring for most people, and you need a decent bankroll to get going. I find if I have 100m+ in the bank, it's much easier to make money. If you only have 10-20m capital, you're going to struggle.

If you're going to be farming EC by way of contraband/doffing/loot then you won't match those numbers. Make that "month" instead of "day". Maybe "week" if you have enough toons.

Nobody is making 100m "easily" per day unless they have an exploit. But sure, there are day-traders who watch the exchange, snipe stuff, buy/sell high value items quickly who might be able to make 25-100m per day consistently if they have several hours to put into it.

I know a couple of players who do this regularly, who have 1 billion+ EC - but that's pretty much all they do. Neither of them care about dilithium or ship collecting or even any PvE content much at all, they get their fun from making stacks on the exchange.

I'm the other way, I love spending EC - I just need to earn large quantities of it so I can waste it on junk that I don't need. (I'm looking at you Orb Weaver, launch day, 80m EC. Ended up discharging it. Worse. Purchase. Ever.)

/rant.

Last edited by topset; 09-07-2013 at 03:34 PM.
Captain
# 7
09-07-2013, 03:38 PM
I can make about 500K on each toon in about 5-10 minutes each via the quick space battle foundries

I do it maybe twice a week on two toons.....thats about all the incentive I have for grinding out money.

I guess I could do it on all 9 vice admirals...but I would go crazy trying.... I do zero of the new grinding style missions for the same reason.... dilithium and marks just arent that important to me to make a game un-fun. I'd rather have fun doing something different each gaming session and make nothing at all.

already have just about all the gear I need anyway.

# 8
09-07-2013, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgta1967 View Post
I can make about 500K on each toon in about 5-10 minutes each via the quick space battle foundries

I do it maybe twice a week on two toons.....thats about all the incentive I have for grinding out money.

I guess I could do it on all 9 vice admirals...but I would go crazy trying.... I do zero of the new grinding style missions for the same reason.... dilithium and marks just arent that important to me to make a game un-fun. I'd rather have fun doing something different each gaming session and make nothing at all.

already have just about all the gear I need anyway.

I'm just curious then, what exactly do you do in-game?
Captain
# 9
09-07-2013, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by topset View Post
I'm just curious then, what exactly do you do in-game?
haha....

I've been playing since beta, I put in my time in just about every part that the game offers.... I got lots of stuff, got 9 vice admirals with good ships and purple gear.... but I still like to zoom around in my starships and have fun without the headach of "having" to do anything.

I have no need to grind anymore..... I got around 50 mill in the bank at any given time...... bank is full of purple gear for new toons I am playing and leveling ( I take my time these days)...

not interested in lockbox ships or items at all....the gear I earned is fine ( all my captains are flying different ships as well...I have earned a lot of viariety to date without using real money).

endgame doesnt interest me at all after I run the missions a couple times and go back to them periodically at best. Same with marks and dilithium as I said...did the runs...do them peroiodically...but thats it....I have no need to keep at it.....I'll go mine when I want to skip around in a pressure suit.....I do pugs if I'm bored, serious runs if freinds are on line.... but I prefer solo to team most of the time.....( I watch Netflix on the second monitor alot while I play )

..... Guess I am more of an explorer admiral type than a ambitious new captain these days.

many people think end game is grinding to get the best things over the other guy....I think it as I've earned the right to do what I want comfortably with what I've earned over my career....and I no longer have to worry about where any resources are coming from if I want to start another character.

Last edited by cgta1967; 09-07-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
09-07-2013, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgta1967 View Post
-snip-
Great post, the reason I ask is because I'm completely the same. I have enough resources and supplies to last me, I've got 8 characters, they all have the rep they need (Mostly just T2, it's quick and easy) I've bought all the lockbox ships that interest me, I've mashed all the STFs a million times, got over a hundred mill in the bank so I don't need to actually do anything.

I just... don't find myself logging on as much as I used to, because frankly I've done it all. Only thing left is PvP - and lets face it, is that really worth the headaches?

Just looking for inspiration to keep me coming back, barring foundry missions of good content done by trekkies, and most of that is sifting through garbage looking for gems. The only thing keeping me in the game is my fleet which I've put a lot of time and effort into, but even that just plods along with nothing but shoving doffs at it.