Captain
# 1 Gravity Well thread was moved
09-19-2013, 09:17 AM
For reasons that escape me, one of the moderators moved the Gravity Well thread that was located here to the Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics section (Direct link) without so much as giving a reason. I really don't see the point in that, it was here on the PvP forums for over two weeks without a problem, and a large chunk of that thread was discussing the viability of Gravity Well in PvP.
Captain
# 2
09-19-2013, 10:09 AM
simple answer-

so when the changes happen, the pve community can blame the pvp community for anything they dont like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Empire Veteran
# 3
09-19-2013, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
simple answer-

so when the changes happen, the pve community can blame the pvp community for anything they dont like.
Even if it has no relation to PvE or PvP, Mai?

Captain
# 4
09-19-2013, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Even if it has no relation to PvE or PvP, Mai?
The less it has to do with anything related, the better it is to blame the PvP community.
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder
Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethaen, M.Qin - Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba
Community Moderator
# 5
09-20-2013, 09:15 AM
If memory serves me correctly, I might have been the mod who moved the thread. I'll take the blame for it, anyway.

And the reason would be that we put threads in the most appropriate forum for feedback. GW is a power which works the same in both PvE and PvP and so "Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics" isn't an unreasonable choice.

Systems reads both forums, so it is not being hidden. Besides which, a permenent redirect is provided when a thread is moved so people can find out where it went. The thread ID remains constant no matter where it goes, so any links are unbroken.

Any issues with or changes to that power affect both PvP and PvE, so it is not just a PvP issue. I give the PvP community full credit (and appreciation) for the problems they discover but I fail to understand why those discussions can't take place in the proper forum. A problem with a particular power belongs in the "Powers" forum.

If people would post threads where they belong, fewer things would get moved.

Lastly, discussion of moderation is not allowed and the decision to move or not to move a thread is not open for debate on the forums. What's done is done. If you believe any moderator has made an error, you may open a ticket and ask for the action to be reviewed.

With that in mind, I am closing this thread.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Closed Thread