Lieutenant
# 11
09-27-2013, 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corelogik View Post
While that sounds cool, and I may even agree a white or off-white skin would be different, there really aren't any Romulan ships that color outside of ToS.

Personally I wouldn't mind a light grey hull for my Mogai.
I kinda like the idea from the Last Unicorn Games Trek RPG sourcebook The Way of D'era that we only see green Rommie ships on screen because those are the colours of the official Romulan Star Navy who are the guys most likely to be facing our heroes, but that Senators and other powerful figures have their own fleets as well which can be painted as they see fit (they mention one who has blood-red warbirds).
Republic Veteran
# 12
09-27-2013, 08:15 AM
I don't think you can have the brown hull on the T'varo...nope you can't...you get the T'liss hull color instead for it.
Commander
# 13
09-27-2013, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by telbasta7386 View Post
Do all of the romulan specific ships have it?

Not too many people seem to run with it, a lot of romulan ships I see use the reman skins instead. Personally I'm rather fond of the red skin, reminds me of vulcan ships.
I've tried to like it but...the green of the warp engines just clashes to much. Also colour patterns don't work with the texture so there's not much you can do with it. Where the iconic green just fits better ascetically. If they changed the warp engines and deflector arrays to red or yellow and made other patterns show up better then I'd probably use it.
Republic Veteran
# 14
09-27-2013, 10:37 AM
I like the brown hull. I see it as a way for the Republic to distinguish itself from the Empire.
Career Officer
# 15
09-27-2013, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddboyout View Post
I like the brown hull. I see it as a way for the Republic to distinguish itself from the Empire.
The Empire also have ships with the red/brown hull colour, as seen in Nemesis.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook
Captain
# 16
09-29-2013, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwford View Post
My other Romulan character, Senator Quintus Arrius, is still in the Tutorial on Virinant because players are still railroaded into picking a side. He has no love for the Klingons as his classic Romulan racial superiority complex manifests itself towards Klingons in a maner similar to Apartheid (purely for roleplaying reasons, this prodives for some more intereting character interactions, especially as he is forced to work with Klingons, whether he likes it or not). He is also very unlikely to ally with the Federation as the incident with Kimera Cretak (a close friend and ally) ruined his opinion of Humans, the Federation, and Starfleet in particular. Until they remove this requirement to pick a side, I will not advance him beyond that mission. When I do, I may use either the green or the brown colors.
This reminds me of those tabletop players who create characters that are completely incompatible with the rest of the party and absolutely refuse to respond to any of the plot hooks as a result, derailing the campaign with their completely unwillingness to play along.
Captain
# 17
09-29-2013, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
This reminds me of those tabletop players who create characters that are completely incompatible with the rest of the party and absolutely refuse to respond to any of the plot hooks as a result, derailing the campaign with their completely unwillingness to play along.
Oh, but there is a difference. One can have contempt for the people they are around and keep those feelings hidden behind a mask of gentile. In a paper, pencil and dice RPG, you have to abide by some level of civility to have a successful session. Not many players have the ability to play a villainous character in a group of heroic ones (or vice versa, and yes, I am able to do so without ruining other player's enjoyment).

In this game, there is much less need for players of such characters to get along with others as the computer server acts as the Moderator(DM). When it comes to playing such a character, there are two ways to approach it. One, that player character could actively antagonize other players and characters, OR that player could simply ignore the other players and minimize their interactions with those players.

I choose to NOT to initiate or provoke other players as that can easily create more trouble than what it is worth. Antagonizing other players is a quick path to cyber bullying and the like, something I would rather avoid, if possible. I put out the warning on my character bio about the character's biases for those role players who choose to interact. It is to give them a head up that while I am playing "in character" they know what to expect from that particular persona. A good role player can see that and use it to enhance their experience. Those who don't know how to deal with such bigoted characters should either talk to me "out of character", or should avoid that particular character in favor of interacting with my other characters which do not have such short sighted views.
Captain
# 18
09-29-2013, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amosov78 View Post
The Empire also have ships with the red/brown hull colour, as seen in Nemesis.
Nice catch, I was wondering where Cryptic got the idea from for a red/brown Romulan scheme. Couldn't remember for the life of me where it could have possibly come from.
Career Officer
# 19
10-02-2013, 01:37 PM
I use the brown hull scheme on all of my Romulan ships. When combined with the green hull pattern added by the Romulan reputation shield array, the mix of green and brown looks quite nice to me personally.