Commander
This has probably already been proposed a thousand times, but what would be people's ideas on how a ST movie/series would go set exclusively in STO and its universe with their character(s) as the protagonist?

Wanted: 200,000 Dilithium Special Feature Projects for Romulan skinned Fleet Holdings.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
09-14-2013, 05:41 AM
What i Really, Really would like is voices for our characters.

Nothing annoys more than the cutscenes where there is some Voice acting, and just a speach bubble appears over my captains head...

It would be cool if this had something like Saints Row 3, In which there was about 6 different voices (More would be better!) That you could choose for your character. Something like this would be cool for STO, But with more choices to accommodate for species...

Male 1 - 5 (With a different set for KDF and RR)

Female 1-5 (Again, With a different set for KDF and RR)

Alien - 1-10 (To give a wide variety of accents and stuff)

Reptile 1-5 (Only available to aliens/Gorn/Naucasian)

It wouldn't exactly be an easy or cheap feat, But it would be awesome to have none the less
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We won't go back, you don't know what its like in our Universe, the original timeline had gone, JJ Abrahms is everywhere"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylanadionysis View Post
just shut up
Captain
# 3
09-14-2013, 06:00 AM
so, since STO is based on ST already...the series would be based on something that is based on something else which happens to be the original basis in the first place .. ?
# 4
09-14-2013, 09:05 AM
I'm not certain it should be done. There are so many compromises needed to forge the game from the lore. Such as every crew's unique costuming, or NX-1 ships running around fighting Borg and Undine. Even some of the villains are extrapolations and composites of canon characters who might one day be canonized differently. Keeping it within the game is fine and quite tolerable. Making it into a movie and thereby canon, not so good.

If an ST game were to generate a movie, I'd be for an Elite Force movie. It always bothered me that the entire bridge crew would leave the ship to investigate a new alien world. First footing should be the realm of lieutenants and red shirts.
Commander
# 5
09-14-2013, 11:06 AM
I agree that STO needs more, much, much more of its own material but I would love for STO to be considered canon.
Commander
# 6
09-14-2013, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steamwright View Post
I'm not certain it should be done. There are so many compromises needed to forge the game from the lore. Such as every crew's unique costuming, or NX-1 ships running around fighting Borg and Undine. Even some of the villains are extrapolations and composites of canon characters who might one day be canonized differently. Keeping it within the game is fine and quite tolerable. Making it into a movie and thereby canon, not so good.

If an ST game were to generate a movie, I'd be for an Elite Force movie. It always bothered me that the entire bridge crew would leave the ship to investigate a new alien world. First footing should be the realm of lieutenants and red shirts.
Thank god I wasn't the only one who noticed that. Anyone else notice that the tactical head in the bridge isn't the person you assigned to that department... or anyone else for that matter?

I also feel like we're the ones driving the ship. Isn't that helm's job?

"Look at me I'm a target!"
"Fire the Lance on my mark... MARK!
"How many times have we gone into the breach again R'shee?"
My proposal for a Galaxy bundle