Career Officer
# 1 New Events Suggestions
09-14-2013, 01:28 PM
I've noticed that while we are getting a ton of new ships and lockbox items there is still quite a lack of new queue Event content and several untapped possibilities for Exploration Zones with associated events. Here are the ideas that I have for this:

1) Starbase Assault: So far we are always on the defensive in the fleet mark missions. I'd like to go on the offensive for once instead of always being on my heels. This could be custom tailored to factions and/or global in terms of objectives.

2) Mine Trap: Mine Trap is a great mission for the variety of actions in it (get people inside; defend the buildings; run them to extraction; hold the line). That said it would be nice to have more settings for something like this, like snow or jungle or an alpine forest.

3) Underwater activity: After seeing a certain movie with a certain starship on the bottom of the ocean it hit me that one thing STO is lacking is water related missions/zones. So why not an underwater exporation zone? This could be both ships and "ground" since the EVA suits should allow for underwater exploration and in a ST: Voyager episode they showed that the ships could move underwater just as easy as in space and there are water planets allowing easy ingress for starships.
Ensign
# 2 Underwater Activity
09-14-2013, 01:50 PM
I like the idea of an underwater activity. Having ships underwater would present the chance of encountering big fish and stuff. Although I don't know how energy weapons would work underwater...

Make it something like Fluidic Space...
Career Officer
# 3
09-14-2013, 01:55 PM
I like that idea. Fluidic space has been largely ignored and unexplored...

Maybe a FE instead of a complete exploration zone underwater would be better.
Captain
# 4
09-14-2013, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by imperatorpaveli View Post
I like the idea of an underwater activity. Having ships underwater would present the chance of encountering big fish and stuff. Although I don't know how energy weapons would work underwater...

Make it something like Fluidic Space...
A laser would have problems underwater, not a particle beam like Star Trek uses them.
We have seen ships using their weapons in the atmospheres of Gas Giants, in nebulas and other, far more exotic phenomenon, each of which perhaps more dense and more difficult to effectively fire a phaser within it then... water.

Last edited by xiaoping88; 09-15-2013 at 09:22 AM.
Community Moderator
# 5
09-17-2013, 11:34 AM
I'd like to see a Disaster Relief zone... where we are running around rescuing people from harm and/or evacuating them, solving problems and keeping the disaster from getting worse. Heavy on special DO Assignments and ways to earn CXP (Colonial, especially), with the percentage completion objectives like we have on New Romulus.

If somebody is responsible for the disaster, it could even involve a little combat.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Captain
# 6
09-17-2013, 11:52 AM
I miss Terradome. Yes, it was broken and buggy, but the concepts it tried to use were great-identifying who the enemy was in an enclosed environment, needing to have all five members of the team doing something at widely separated locations at the same time-these parts were great for a first-time player.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
09-17-2013, 12:17 PM
Quote:
2) Mine Trap: Mine Trap is a great mission for the variety of actions in it (get people inside; defend the buildings; run them to extraction; hold the line). That said it would be nice to have more settings for something like this, like snow or jungle or an alpine forest.

3) Underwater activity: After seeing a certain movie with a certain starship on the bottom of the ocean it hit me that one thing STO is lacking is water related missions/zones. So why not an underwater exporation zone? This could be both ships and "ground" since the EVA suits should allow for underwater exploration and in a ST: Voyager episode they showed that the ships could move underwater just as easy as in space and there are water planets allowing easy ingress for starships.
I agree that a different look to the zone is needed but the suggested ones do not say trek to me.

shuttles would be a better suggestion for the second one as most starships cannot handle a planets gravity unless its built for it i.e. intrepid class or NX
Commander
# 8
09-17-2013, 12:18 PM
What about post-Enterprise cleanup, someone has to pick-up after that crew, lol.
Captain
# 9
09-17-2013, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
I'd like to see a Disaster Relief zone... where we are running around rescuing people from harm and/or evacuating them, solving problems and keeping the disaster from getting worse. Heavy on special DO Assignments and ways to earn CXP (Colonial, especially), with the percentage completion objectives like we have on New Romulus.

If somebody is responsible for the disaster, it could even involve a little combat.

While I am kind of iffy on the underwater mission idea, I have to say I do like the Disaster Relief zone. I am getting kind of tired of pew pewing my way out of everything. Adding to that, some exploration zones would be great -- I had more fun exploring the new Risa map than I did participating in any of the events. Even New Romulus was fun to run around in when it first came out.

To be honest, instead of creating all new zones and planets, I'd like to see some of the current zones revamped and made relevant. For example: Andoria - it's a nice big zone (kind of dull, but whatever) with absolutely nothing going for it. Adding an exploration component to already established zones would be nice. Spruce up Vulcan a bit, while we're at it.

Meanwhile, that beautiful new Risa map is going to waste. I imagine its only real use is ERP at the moment, unfortunately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
damn rly hate pooping my pants before i can make it to the bathroom lmao

Last edited by nabreeki; 09-17-2013 at 09:14 PM.
Rihannsu
# 10
09-17-2013, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabreeki View Post
While I am kind of iffy on the underwater mission idea, I have to say I do like the Disaster Relief zone. I am getting kind of tired of pew pewing my way out of everything. Adding to that, some exploration zones would be great -- I had more fun exploring the new Risa map than I did participating in any of the events. Even New Romulus was fun to run around in when it first came out.

To be honest, instead of creating all new zones and planets, I'd like to see some of the current zones revamped and made relevant. For example: Andoria - it's a nice big zone (kind of dull, but whatever) with absolutely nothing going for it. Adding an exploration component to already established zones would be nice. Spruce up Vulcan a bit, while we're at it.

Meanwhile, that beautiful new Risa map is going to waste. I imagine it's only real use is ERP at the moment, unfortunately.
This is a very good point. I go to Andoria for 1 primary reason. To buy commodities. I've explored the entire Andoria map just because I was curious what, if anything there was to do there.... yeah.... Boring.....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.