Lt. Commander
# 121
08-29-2008, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Code3 View Post
I just wanted to reassure all of you, everything is under control on Romulus, this timeline information is yet again nothing more than obvious Federation propaganda.

Nevertheless it was quite entertaining to read, nice going Kestrel.

Jolan-Tru.

Cmdr. Verdek
Imperial Romulan Fleet

Shhhh (Tal Shiar mis-information is always making the Feds take a double look in the shadows)
Lt. Commander
# 122
08-29-2008, 09:06 PM
Is this official timeline for the new game? In the follow up book that fills in the gaps after the DS9 Finale, Ro Laren actually takes over command at DS9. Is this going to be done away with?
Lt. Commander
# 123
08-29-2008, 09:34 PM
I wish to point out that some Segments of the Romulan Government Time line have a base in events already mentioned in Book "Star Trek Titan - Taking Wing" Which is a great book by Michael A. Martin and Co-Author Andy Mangels.

Did you get any of your inspiration from that book? Either way it was a very nice write up. I very much support the developers attempts to give us some history.
Lt. Commander
# 124
08-29-2008, 10:00 PM
awesome story!
Lt. Commander
# 125 Jean Luc Picard
08-29-2008, 10:13 PM
yea so i want to know. what happens to picard after the Enterpise is repaired
thanks
Lt. Commander
# 126
08-29-2008, 10:17 PM
awesome readying dude....

cant wait for more
Lt. Commander
# 127
08-29-2008, 10:26 PM
Kudos to Jackalope and Kestrel with their readings and the posting of the first evolution to Star Trek.

Two thumbs up, can't wait for the rest
Lt. Commander
# 128
08-29-2008, 11:23 PM
I'd been thinking about a response to specific story elements, but as it is, sleep won a close vote.

Before that, though, I wanted to commend Cryptic, Kestrel and Jackalope for this first edition of the game's pre-launch storyline. From the perspective of command of the forces at play in the Star Trek universe after Nemesis, the first entry retrieves an A+. It's a realistic imagining of the late 24th century, not only from the perspective of the Star Trek universe, but from the perspective of how major states interact. I also took note of how much happened in just a year's time - you could dedicate a period of a few years to the events in the Romulan Star Empire alone. I'm very excited for future entries.

From a story perspective, I was not expecting that the Cardassians would have rejected Federation reconstruction aid. That's an interesting turn that doesn't bode well. Good work, all!

Would there happen to be folks on the staff who studied political science or international relations at all?
Lt. Commander
# 129
08-29-2008, 11:24 PM
Hoorah! Kestrel and Jackalope!!

I see I wasn't too far off the mark on the time line. NIce start! Could there be a civil war on the horizen for the Romulan Empire? Can't wait to see where you take this.
Lt. Commander
# 130
08-29-2008, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athos View Post
I'm very excited to see that most of this history comes right out of the post-Nemesis TNG book, Star Trek: Titan books, and the post-series DS9 books. Most excellent; this will make it easy for folks like me who read all of those books to keep the 'universe' straight.

Of course, there was one big difference that I noticed; in the post-series DS9 books, Ro Laren joins the Bajoran Militia and is the new security chief for DS9. Once the Bajorans join the Federation (Unity), Ro is allowed into Starfleet as a full Lieutenant. No where does she turn herself in to Starfleet. In my mind, this is also a very likely series of events and the divergence will be an easy one to keep track of.

Nice work!
Seconded! I was like 'heeeey, I know all this stuff, I read about it all' (being an avid reader of many Post-Nemesis series') I am a bit disappointed about Ro though... she was cooool in the DS9 relaunch, I was glad to see her there... this change is a bit.. nyeeeh, for me. But we'll see how it pans out.

Also, CinC-UFPForces-Cardassia (and others) most of the story comes straight from the Post-Nemesis novels. To be specific, the Romulan stuff, comes from Titan, and the Cardassian stuff comes from the DS9-relaunch. So its hardly them coming up with all these ideas themselves - no offence to Kestral and Jackalope of course! I think it was a brilliant summing up, and good information you chose to keep in this timeline. As a huuuge fan of the novels, you definitely picked out some good parts! And for anyone who wants to read more about the events there, find yourselves some Trek novels - most of them are brilliant!

Keep it up guys. I'm looking forward to seeing where you go with the years after the ones covered in the novels. And as a fan of said novels, seeing what you predict for their future!
Closed Thread