Lt. Commander
# 11
08-29-2008, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
/em raises hand.

I'm guilty. I write all the content for the web sites and I've been knee-deep in timeline ideas for weeks now.
Cool. It sounds like the Romulan events stay somewhat true or at least follow the events as written in Titan. If that is the case (SPOILER ALERT) do the Remans become allies with the Klingons? Will Remans be a "sub-faction" in the Klingon Empire in STO?
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-29-2008, 02:08 PM
Just a couple of things :-P

Quote:
Following the death of Praetor Shinzon at the Battle of Bassen Rift, the Romulan government fell into disarray. Tel'aura, one of the few remaining members of the Romulan Senate and a former ally of Shinzon, declares herself the new Praetor, supported by Fleet Commander Tomalak as the new leader of the Imperial Defense Force.
It is not "Tel'Aura." It is "Tal'Aura."

Quote:
Donatra's rebellion is not Tel'aura's only concern. The Remans, led by General Xiomek of the Reman Kepeszuk Battalion, demand control of either a continent on Romulus or a planet with sufficient natural resources to maintain self-sufficient settlements as reparations for hundreds of years of slavery and exploitation. In response, Tel'aura cuts shipments of food and needed supplies to Reman and commands Tomalak to blockade the planet.
It isn't "Reman." It is "Remus." As in, "Romulus and Remus," from Roman mythology.

Other than those two errors, it makes for an interesting read. I didn't think it would play out like that but ah well. I soo wanted them to get owned and join the Federation ;o
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-29-2008, 02:11 PM
I was really hoping there'd be a timeline leading up to the game. Nice one Kestrel (Y)
Lt. Commander
# 14 Ensign Ro
08-29-2008, 02:11 PM
Ro must be about to join the Tom Paris Suite at the Federation Penal Colony in Auckland New Zealand.

I enjoyed the Timeline. It will be interesting to see what happens next as we get closer to the "Present Day" gamewise.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-29-2008, 02:15 PM
Nice going Kestrel. Don't know if you were a fan before you picked up STO, but if not you could have fooled me:p. Sounds like you've got a good grasp on the characters and situation left after the Dominion War and after the Nemesis movie. Looking forward to reading more
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-29-2008, 02:17 PM
ah the much anticapated timeline ...leading up monthly to the release of sto .
looking forward to these
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-29-2008, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by minago View Post
ah the much anticapated timeline ...leading up monthly to the release of sto .
looking forward to these
If this is true, they do a year's time a month, according to my calculations, we'll see Star Trek Online released in January of 2011.

Of course, there's no guarantee that they will do only one year a month, so don't quote me on that.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-29-2008, 02:22 PM
You seem to incorporate a few novels into your timeline, that's interesting. Nice read.
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-29-2008, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by indelible View Post
Just a couple of things :-P

It is not "Tel'Aura." It is "Tal'Aura."

It isn't "Reman." It is "Remus." As in, "Romulus and Remus," from Roman mythology.

Other than those two errors, it makes for an interesting read. I didn't think it would play out like that but ah well. I soo wanted them to get owned and join the Federation ;o
I'll take total responsibility for the Remus problem, and I have fixed it. Thank you.

As far as Tal'aura goes, I've found her name spelled differently (Tel'aura, Tal'aura, Tal'Aura, Tel'Aura) in different sources.
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-29-2008, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnacko View Post
You seem to incorporate a few novels into your timeline, that's interesting. Nice read.
I LOVE that Cryptic's doing that. I've always regretted the consideration of the novels as being "soft canon", because some of the novels are fantastic works of Star Trek fiction, and deserve to have a place in hard canon.
Closed Thread