Lt. Commander
Apparently Stargate: SG1 will have an MMO coming up and some of the lead actors will be voicing character portrayals....so you never know...
Lt. Commander
# 422
09-11-2008, 03:36 PM
SG1 is no match for STO. I think that the fan base for STO is much bigger then the one for SG1.
Lt. Commander
# 423
09-11-2008, 07:37 PM
I wonder if we are going to see a new redesigned Voyager, Defiant and of course Enterprise. I can't even imagine what they would look like 30 years later.
Lt. Commander
# 424
09-12-2008, 05:56 AM
Outstanding Timeline.... Great reading.. this will give people who are interested in playing the game a background story.... Leading up to game launch.. I myself love the background story and when MMO's wait and try to give you the whole back story when you first load the game in an animation sequnce it gets missed because many people just want to start playing the game.

It would be nice if you can litter the story with relevant pictures when you can, and one more suggestion give it an lCARS feel so we the users feel like we are reading a history lesson, after all we are all going to be Captains and History is part of our Star Fleet training...

But over all great work.. love it and can't wait to see more
Lt. Commander
# 425
09-12-2008, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorD View Post
Ensign Ro surviving doesn't really make sense to me, since every last Maquis was stated to have been killed off by the Dominion. After that we never heard anything about the Maquis, indicating it wasn't just hyperbola. When Voyager was contacted, Starfleet even told them the same thing, that the only Maquis left were those on Voyager, and I think it had been a few years later by that point. For her to survive would require her being captured, or going into hiding for non-Maquis purposes before the Maquis were killed off.

If I remember my Voyager Correctly, Bel'ana was contacted by a survivor of the Maquis in a letter, where she was told what happened, and I believe it was stated there that most of there Maquis where killed. and she named some names... That was when Be'lanna started playing in the Holodeck with the Safety off... I do believe a majority say 80% of the Maquis in the Alpha Quadrent where slaughtered but not all.
Lt. Commander
# 426
09-12-2008, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomRedshirt View Post
The Tal Shiar is virtually non-existent at this point in time, due to their blunder in DS9 trying to attack the Founder's home world alongside the Obsidian Order. So being virtually non-existent and pretty much powerless, it stands to reason they couldn't change these events if they wanted to.

There is minor mention of them in "Taking Wing" from the Titan series, but they are played off as a minor faction, along with the Remans and the Unificationists.
Though in the season seven DS9 episode "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges" Senator Cretak while talking to Bashir gives a few insights into Romulan life and how much the Tal Shiar has permeated their society.
Lt. Commander
# 427
09-12-2008, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starbuck1771 View Post
I still disagree with parts of the timeline. More to the point where the maquis are concerned. They are called terrorist when truthfully they were freedom fighters forced into their position by a deal made between cardasia and the corrupt UFP government. They took up arms and warned the federation that cardasia was dirty but the UFP wouldnt listen. So the trial of Ro Laren causes many issues with me. That is basicly sentenceing people for being right.

So are they as well as you trying to say the UPF or more to the point StarFleet are going to be corrupt in the game. If so I sure am glad i'm going to be a klingon.
Except they are terrorists where the Federation is concerned. They became so the moment they made any moves against Starfleet or the Federation, which as DS9 showed they did more than a few times. Plus you don't really help your argument by saying you'll be siding with the Klingon's. They're hardly the bastion of honour or standards themselves.
Lt. Commander
# 428
09-12-2008, 08:13 AM
After 30 years its about time to Christen the Enterprise-NCC-1701F
Lt. Commander
# 429
09-12-2008, 12:35 PM
Get the champagne out!

Voyager has became a museum according to 'Endgame' (oh dear! I'm getting geeky). So that would mean that Voyager will no longer be a part of the fleet. I know it's horrifying, but there must be a USS Voyager NCC-74656-B in the works...
Lt. Commander
# 430
09-12-2008, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_T1991 View Post
Get the champagne out!

Voyager has became a museum according to 'Endgame' (oh dear! I'm getting geeky). So that would mean that Voyager will no longer be a part of the fleet. I know it's horrifying, but there must be a USS Voyager NCC-74656-B in the works...
One can hope that there is a Voyager -B in works and you have to wonder what it will look like but my favorite toughest little ship would be the Defiant. I just wonder what improvements they would have 30 years later.
Closed Thread