Lt. Commander
# 491
09-21-2008, 10:37 PM
And those NOT be used as fodder for on-going wars.
Lt. Commander
# 492
09-21-2008, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyspit View Post
I like the storyline, but I have to say that I'm not a keen fan of the whole political intrigue and civil war thing. My worry with STO is that there won't be much in the way of exploration.
Worry not, Monkey.

If you watch the video interviews with lead developer Jack Emmert linked elsewhere (LINKS at bottom of the page under `STO In The News') -- including the game-announcement webcast video from Las Vegas (HERE) -- you'll see that exploration is slated to be a huge and central part of Star Trek Online's gameplay.

Rest easy,

KOS
Lt. Commander
# 493 Join the Maquis?
09-22-2008, 05:38 AM
The Maquis were obliterated by the Dominion. Those on Voyager and a couple of random survivors are all that remained after the Dominion War.
Lt. Commander
# 494
09-22-2008, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
/em raises hand.

I'm guilty. I write all the content for the web sites and I've been knee-deep in timeline ideas for weeks now.
Hey Kestrel,

Great read...Keep up the good work. I'm slowly getting up to speed on this one. Still knee deep in Champions Online...Look for my Application soon. Star Trek Online is sounding awesome
Lt. Commander
# 495
09-22-2008, 05:20 PM
Maquis will not be a subject in STO since they were already wiped out. If you kind of think about it the Maquis achieved their goal since Cardasia is falling apart and will not be able to enforce the borders. So in a sense the Maquis got what they wanted.
Lt. Commander
# 496
09-22-2008, 05:23 PM
Everybody is talking about the Maquis but have you guys thought about a new faction similar to the Maquis that maybe despises all the major powers. Since STO is happening 30 years later I think that there is a possibility that there might be a new group to replace them.
Lt. Commander
# 497
09-22-2008, 05:37 PM
Better possibility would be the beginings of a Federation Civil War. Maybe getting it's start in a Marquis type organization.
Lt. Commander
# 498
09-23-2008, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
/em raises hand.

I'm guilty. I write all the content for the web sites and I've been knee-deep in timeline ideas for weeks now.
Kestrel, do you have to get your time lines approved by a higher power or someone who owns the entire 'Star Trek Time line' license (if there is such a thing),.... or does Cryptic now own it?

Just curious how far you can go with making up new expanded time lines,......
And in the unlikely even that Paramount or <enter a production group here> picks up the license again and runs a new series would they recognize your work as being part of the star trek license ?
Lt. Commander
# 499
09-23-2008, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_Lucky View Post
Actually that little situation is one of the main foundations of what will be happening later this year in the book series and it will be used in the Voyager series.
Pardon me for not knowing, but what Janeway "situation" is this? If it is a long story, where can I catch-up?
Lt. Commander
# 500
09-23-2008, 01:32 PM
Hello? Is the game up yet?
Closed Thread