Lt. Commander
# 511 cc
09-24-2008, 09:32 PM
Well, first I want to state that I understand this is mostly from the novels and I applaud the timeline. Second I'd like to give some input from merely my perspective on how things would/could have happened post Nemesis.

First, the Romulan scenario. With the murder of the Imperial senate and the partial integration of the Remans in the Imperial Fleet I would imagine a small-scale civil war would have irrupted between the Romulans and the Remans. The war probably would have been short (bc of population and resources) with a Romulan victory and further Reman enslavement.

Before the war we'd see a power gap left by Shinzon and the Senate with two parties at ends for power. We'd see the military forces of the Imperial Navy/Army/etc. with several key Admirals and Generals shouting loudly for order and rule.

On the other side we'd see former small scale politicians aligned with the Tal'Shiar asking for a reformation of the Imperial Senate under the rule of former Tal'Shiar leaders.

Meanwhile the Federation takes on the "mighty" task of rebuilding the former Empires of the Dominion war which would allow Federation involvement (Cardassia, Klingon Empire, Romulan Empire). In all probability the Dominion would now be controlled by the scheming Vorta, and the Breen (having been xenophobic in the past) would continue their isolation. Keep in mind after WW2 the US had a similar task to the Federation.

During this time we'd see a rise in power from Bajor, most likely playing a larger role with DS9 and the Federation, and we'd also see behind the scenes negotiations with the Romulan Empire and the Federation.

Much of the "older" Federation fleet would be broken down to rebuild the broken empires, while giving way to a newer class of Federation starships, as well as a new doctrine on Federation conduct.

Now...this is just my mind at work. And it should only span the one year period mentioned (2379-2380). My question to the developers is regarding uniforms. Why don't we see the canon early 25th century uniforms seen in many "Star Trek future episodes) with the 2 color variant (Black pants/one color shirt)?
Lt. Commander
# 512
09-24-2008, 10:05 PM
Great work so far on the timeline, keep it up, as I can't wait to read more!
Lt. Commander
# 513
09-25-2008, 06:53 AM
Don't want to complain, but...I WANT MORE!!! lol, I know I posted on this thread one other time, but again, bravo, and I'm itching to hear more about what's happening in the 24-25th centuries.
Lt. Commander
# 514 80 to 81
09-25-2008, 10:50 PM
Ok when are we going to see the next chapter
Lt. Commander
# 515 history
09-26-2008, 01:26 AM
I am new to this but i did read the time line explaination. My question is : didn't RO Lauran get posted to the entereprise? and didn't the charges against her get dropped?
Lt. Commander
# 516
09-26-2008, 10:58 AM
Seems to be a well-thought-out piece of lore background for STO. I really like this time period because it picks up where TNG, DS9, and VGR left off. I really am looking forward to meeting the NPCs as well. It would be great to be able to go to Cardassia Prime and see how Keiko O'Brien's efforts are paying off with the efforts to rebuild Cardassia's agricultural foundation.

The Romulan Empire seems like it's on the brink of a major Civil War. That can't be good!
Lt. Commander
# 517
09-26-2008, 02:41 PM
Well Romulan empire might be at its end. Remember when Pickard was traveling through different timelines in order to safe earth and humanity and Q was kind of a cause of Pickard traveling through time.? Well in that future the Romulan Empire was overrun by the Klingons. The game will start of with the Klingons so the possibility is that the Romulans may not be a major power in the coming STO game.
Lt. Commander
# 518
09-27-2008, 07:55 PM
No wonder the game will start with the Klingons and the Federation since all the other powers are kind of struggling to rebuild their fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 519
09-28-2008, 11:35 AM
So today marks exactly a month since this was created, are we going to be getting a new one today.
Lt. Commander
# 520 Nice
09-28-2008, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
/em raises hand.

I'm guilty. I write all the content for the web sites and I've been knee-deep in timeline ideas for weeks now.
So I take it you'll be incorporating ST fiction as well? I see some references that I believe are from the Titan series as well as a couple of the STNG novels. Thanks for the writings, I look forward to reading more
Closed Thread