Lt. Commander
# 541
10-06-2008, 12:49 PM
I personally think that the STO game will be an entirely new creation and will not be based on any of the books. The main reason for that would be to avoid the confusion and conflicts that many of you have mentioned
Lt. Commander
# 542
10-07-2008, 12:37 AM
2409 huh.. "Fascinating" as Spock would say.. setting up for the game to take place 400 years in the future of its debut next year? Nice! Well done... although it is a little sad not to see the game evolve from the time of the beginning of star fleet until 2409.. I think its for the best to establish a new Trek.. so kudoes to all!
Lt. Commander
# 543 On a serious note...
10-07-2008, 05:56 AM
Both Canada and the United States are nearing a pivotal moment in history. With our economies hanging in the balance, voter apathy is at an all-time low. But being registered to vote isn't enough. Having an opinion isn't enough. Take a half hour out of your life and go vote. Sleeping in isn't an excuse. "I have to work," isn't an excuse either. Legally, your employer is required to allow you enough time to vote if your shift spans the full period of time that polls are open. This is true in both countries. "I forgot," isn't an excuse. If you turn on your television during the week before the polls open - then you know the date of the election. If you have a mailbox, then you know the time and place that you can vote in your local riding or constituency. Both of our nations are occupying forces in countries that only "sort of" wanted foreign help. Adult literacy continues to be a permeating issue in our world. Child poverty isn't limited to third world nations. You have a voice. We all do. Stand up and be counted. Watch CNN. Watch CBC Newsworld. Learn about what YOUR representatives have to say about our part in the world community. If you enjoy Star Trek, you likely care about what happens to YOUR world. You likely care about what happens to others and the potential for the betterment of humanity. In Canada, vote on October 14th. In the United States, vote on November 4th. There. No more excuses. Your children are waiting on your decision to make their lives better. Your future is waiting to make your world better. Just vote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhDRVKDcXQo
Lt. Commander
# 544
10-07-2008, 06:13 AM
If you need help citing material or anything let me know. Always glad to help *selfish-grin*

No seriously. The offer stands.
Lt. Commander
# 545 Good story
10-07-2008, 09:33 AM
I real like the story line. Well play.
Lt. Commander
# 546 Ro Laren
10-07-2008, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
/em raises hand.

I'm guilty. I write all the content for the web sites and I've been knee-deep in timeline ideas for weeks now.

Awesome Job Kestrel, I'm sure you have your hands full and plenty of time line ideas. The only thing I wasn't thrilled about was Ro Laren going to prison. I liked what they did with her character in the Avatar series of novels when she became Chief of Security for DS9 instead, because it gave her a pretty good role and brought a lot of depth to the character.

Cheers and heres to the launch!

Raine
Lt. Commander
# 547
10-08-2008, 06:30 AM
What will happen with relations between romulus and the Federation? will it decay again or will it be stronger?

Personally i hope stronger so that we can captain a new warbird i would love that
Lt. Commander
# 548
10-08-2008, 06:51 AM
Guessing that relatiosn with the Klingons are deterring, a closer bond between the romulans and the Federation is likely. Taking the events of Nemesis (the defeat of Shinzon) into account, I'd say that Romulans and the Federation will get along quite well. Especially if we're looking at a potential ally in a war against the KLingons!
Lt. Commander
# 549
10-08-2008, 06:59 AM
Interesting read, i especially like the way you've tied in the different franchise.

If this is anything to go on, i look forward to reading the rest of the timeline
(hopefully it wont belong until the next installment).
Lt. Commander
# 550
10-08-2008, 07:14 AM
These happenings in this time are very interesting and exciting, I like all the characters involved so far. It is fueling my desire and need to be a part of the galaxy more than I imagined such a brief story could do.

Great job!
Closed Thread