Lt. Commander
# 621
11-18-2008, 02:22 PM
I arrived late to the forums - thus I post here.

While I'm glad that much information from the 'relaunch' novels are being taken into account in filling in the timeline - I'm really quite disappointed at the shooting down of the DS9 relaunch

The 'lead' founder already being at Ananke for a goodly few years by 2379 is a minor detail, but Ro being put on trial regarding her defection to the Maquis totally goes against her joining the crew of DS9 via the Bajoran Militia and eventually returning to starfleet when Bajor joins the federation as depicted in the books.
In fact, by 2379 I think she's been back in starfleet on deep space nine for over 2 years.
Lt. Commander
# 622
11-18-2008, 02:42 PM
Don't forget, you can help get this Official Star Trek content out to Star Trek fans who may not know where to find it!

Click here to "Digg" this time line update.

Click here to post this article to "De.lic.ious"

Click here to post this article to your Facebook profile.
Lt. Commander
# 623
11-18-2008, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange_One
I arrived late to the forums - thus I post here.

While I'm glad that much information from the 'relaunch' novels are being taken into account in filling in the timeline - I'm really quite disappointed at the shooting down of the DS9 relaunch

The 'lead' founder already being at Ananke for a goodly few years by 2379 is a minor detail, but Ro being put on trial regarding her defection to the Maquis totally goes against her joining the crew of DS9 via the Bajoran Militia and eventually returning to starfleet when Bajor joins the federation as depicted in the books.
In fact, by 2379 I think she's been back in starfleet on deep space nine for over 2 years.
I think they said the books are "soft cannon" to go by, so they might not see it as what really happened as alot of them kinda don't flow with each other.
Lt. Commander
# 624
11-18-2008, 09:44 PM
They have been following the books pretty of closely like the civil war in romulan space that from the titan books, everything have been awsome so keep up the good work guys .
Lt. Commander
# 625
11-19-2008, 08:33 AM
The story is solid but it the refrence to Picard is a little odd. Its supposed to be thirty years after Nemisis, I doubt Picard would still be serving in the Federation, most likley he would have died by this point. If I remember correctly in the final episode of TNG Picard was diagnosed with a degenerative brain disease that woul deventually kill him, and it shoul dhave taken full effect by this time.
Lt. Commander
# 626
11-19-2008, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptile279 View Post
The story is solid but it the refrence to Picard is a little odd. Its supposed to be thirty years after Nemisis, I doubt Picard would still be serving in the Federation, most likley he would have died by this point. If I remember correctly in the final episode of TNG Picard was diagnosed with a degenerative brain disease that woul deventually kill him, and it shoul dhave taken full effect by this time.
This is two to three years after Nemesis.
Lt. Commander
# 627
11-19-2008, 10:59 PM
During the game time line he could be an Ambassador i mean Lenord Mc Coy was still a admiral at 110 . and he was still serveing during the dominion wars and heck pecard would be only 104 by 2409
Lt. Commander
# 628
11-20-2008, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyriel32 View Post
They have been following the books pretty of closely like the civil war in romulan space that from the titan books, everything have been awsome so keep up the good work guys .
Well if they want to have a civil war let em' but if they bug me ABOUT IT ITS ON !!!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 629
11-20-2008, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
In the first of our updates to the timeline of Star Trek Online, read what happened in the years 2379 and 2380.
Following the death of Praetor Shinzon at the Battle of Bassen Rift, the Romulan government fell into disarray. Tel'aura, one of the few remaining members of the Romulan Senate and a former ally of Shinzon, declares herself the new Praetor, supported by Fleet Commander Tomalak as the new leader of the Imperial Defense Force.
Read more here!
Nice place to start; because Nemisis unearthed how treacherous the Romulans still are. Also, the Federation must be careful because how the Romulans were tricked into the Dominion war.
Lt. Commander
# 630
11-22-2008, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RARI
Also, the Federation must be careful because how the Romulans were tricked into the Dominion war.
But they don't know that do they (or they'd never have joined in the first place!)
Closed Thread