Captain
# 21
09-23-2013, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolninspace View Post
tvtropes is a must.
Don't get me wrong: I love troping, I'm even involved in wiki cleanup work on occasion and have added a good two dozen tropes to the catalog, but I was hesitant to add TV Tropes for two reasons: one, I wasn't sure where to put it (probably wikis, though), and two, once you link somebody to TV Tropes they'll probably be there for the next several days.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Captain
# 22
09-24-2013, 09:23 AM
You know what? What the hey.

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Commander
# 23
09-24-2013, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
Don't get me wrong: I love troping, I'm even involved in wiki cleanup work on occasion and have added a good two dozen tropes to the catalog, but I was hesitant to add TV Tropes for two reasons: one, I wasn't sure where to put it (probably wikis, though), and two, once you link somebody to TV Tropes they'll probably be there for the next several days.
But that's the sign of a useful website!

Are there any websites dedicated to videogame writing?
Captain
# 24
09-24-2013, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisscience View Post

I'm sure there are (if it exists, you can find it on the Internet) but I don't know of any.

Captain
# 25
09-24-2013, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisscience View Post

Gamasutra is the only one that comes to mind. It has blogs on all aspects of video game creation: http://www.gamasutra.com/. I am not sure how useful it is though.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Career Officer
# 26
10-06-2013, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Instant answers to your foundry questions:

http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/chat/
i wanted to ask about explosion triggers in my mission, but the ugc site seems to be down.

I needed to know how to make the explosion happen AFTER the last required action in my interior bridge map. I've found the explosions in the list but I can't figure out how to trigger them :/
Survivor of Romulus
# 27
10-06-2013, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post
i wanted to ask about explosion triggers in my mission, but the ugc site seems to be down.

I needed to know how to make the explosion happen AFTER the last required action in my interior bridge map. I've found the explosions in the list but I can't figure out how to trigger them :/
Keep them invisible until you either reach a marker or when a dialog is finished .
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message ^^
Career Officer
# 28
10-06-2013, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutes View Post
Keep them invisible until you either reach a marker or when a dialog is finished .
its what they describe here right? http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=266061
Survivor of Romulus
# 29
10-06-2013, 03:41 PM
Something like that, yes. Try to play a bit with it on an empty map using either triggers or dialogs. This way you can experiment a bit with this type of fx.
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message ^^
Lieutenant
# 30
10-06-2013, 04:40 PM
Don't forget Foundry Files! A weekly podcast dedicated to advanced reviews of foundry missions and news coverage on the Foundry.

http://www.youtube.com/user/FoundryFiles?feature=watch