Captain
# 1 Something is happening...
09-15-2013, 05:42 AM
I've had 3 awesome pug matches in the public queues the past few days.

People were calling targets (on both sides) and cross-healing was abundant. And it wasn't pure vape matches either, there was definitely a sense of excitement of having a couple people hurting pretty bad and having to spread heals around while still pumping out damage against the other guys, instead of the standard "blink and you're dead."

The public queues are getting better, and this is definitely a good thing.
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?
Career Officer
# 2
09-15-2013, 05:44 AM
Nice to know....

Task Force Zulu--Back to Duty X4 SB T1.5, Tac 2, Eng 1 & Sci 1.
Subscribe to STO--1546+ days
LTS Since December 2011
Captain
# 3
09-15-2013, 05:50 AM
I think you can blame Zenith... and Naz... and a bunch of other folks who are pushing the TD fight club matches.

I have not had the time to be on myself as much as I like at hours I would be able to get PvPing... but the matches I have been in....

We are seeing lots of new (or semi new) players show up... and after a few good rounds... its amazing how fast they tweak there builds.... and hell even dump the Silly P2W stuff. (its funny if you balance matches with with console use in mind... they all seem to loose them off there ships after a few rounds, after a TIF-Gravity Pulse- AMS -ect ect guy has to deal with the same build on the other side, ya no one really enjoys that stuff. lol).

I half joke... its good to know the Ques are having some good matches, super glad to hear that.

Seriosuly though my money is on ... combo of new players learning the ropes faster when we don't pug stomp them... and also that at least Some of the guys that may have unknowingly (I'm being diplomatic) been pug stomping are now in on the little STO Fight Club Secret.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-15-2013, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by praxi5 View Post
I've had 3 awesome pug matches in the public queues the past few days.

People were calling targets (on both sides) and cross-healing was abundant. And it wasn't pure vape matches either, there was definitely a sense of excitement of having a couple people hurting pretty bad and having to spread heals around while still pumping out damage against the other guys, instead of the standard "blink and you're dead."

The public queues are getting better, and this is definitely a good thing.
Very good to hear some positive feedback of the public queues finally. I can only hope that this will be better and better.

Of course, I do hope, too, that some folks may own the same experience soon. This is definitely an awesome news.

I can only encourage everyone to try the queues, and be a teammember, help your team whoever you play with and against.

See you in the queues!
----------------------------------------------------
Hussar Guardian Forces
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
09-15-2013, 09:23 AM
This is encouraging
Career Officer
# 6
09-15-2013, 10:15 AM
Very good matches I have been into. Zenith has been herding the sheep with his cattle prods
Now found frequenting MWO short term and then Star Citizen long term. Raged Quit PVP long ago
- Gohan (House of Beautiful /Sad Pandas)
Empire Veteran
# 7
09-15-2013, 10:22 PM
I have a love/hate relationship with PuGs. A good one is always a breath of fresh air. Glad to hear that there are some around.

Though I've been having an absolute blast playing in the Tyler Durden games. If anyone thinks that PvP is borked, broken or whatever I offer TD as an example that it is not.
Inner Circle / HoBO
Gardiner, Suval, Thran
Korvak, Raketh, Xedar, Zidow
Decis, Vesok
Career Officer
# 8
09-16-2013, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdwgardiner1701 View Post
I have a love/hate relationship with PuGs. A good one is always a breath of fresh air. Glad to hear that there are some around.

Though I've been having an absolute blast playing in the Tyler Durden games. If anyone thinks that PvP is borked, broken or whatever I offer TD as an example that it is not.
Many a games I have enjoyed playing against you Gardiner/Decis, hopefully more Insta Vapeage
Now found frequenting MWO short term and then Star Citizen long term. Raged Quit PVP long ago
Captain
# 9
09-16-2013, 01:50 AM
Zenith shall herd them and I shall be his disciple calling all the disbelievers to the TD light
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles
Career Officer
# 10
09-16-2013, 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz4 View Post
Zenith shall herd them and I shall be his disciple calling all the disbelievers to the TD light
He's been herding the sheep for slaughter.....pew pew