Captain
# 21
09-21-2013, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
This proposal severely penalizes healers and other support roles that do not damage many targets, while rewarding "sprayers" who essentially tag every target with random stray shots without actually being effective.
Then outgoing healing applied to ships doing damage. But still even a healer has weapons and can use them lol.
"I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man.
Rihannsu
# 22
09-21-2013, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetwtf View Post
Then outgoing healing applied to ships doing damage. But still even a healer has weapons and can use them lol.
Yeah it's very rare to see a ship so heavily invested in ehaling that it never shoots at things....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 23
09-21-2013, 07:12 PM
Maybe, but without lots of shooty-skills, it's capable of lobbing plinks at maybe one thing, before the entire swarm is then mowed down in FAW and CSV. That means it gets to loot ONE target, at best, if anything. Lots of healboats are pretty slow-moving ships. Since healing demands a high aux-focus, a healboat may, at best, be carrying a few torpedoes, which it is too slow to bring to bear quickly, and will take even longer for the torpedoes to arrive, by which time the target may have already exploded.

As such, it is VERY much possible for a healboat to never land a single hit on anything but something large and bricklike, such a Gateway, which will drop nothing.
Captain
# 24
09-22-2013, 11:39 AM
I call BS on that. Beam arrays, turrets. If you go all torp then you would still have turrets or beam arrays in aft plus maybe mines unless you are a fool and should quit the game now. A whole lot of ways one can do atleast some damage to multiple targets, Target enemy, shoot, target friendly and heal toggle back to enemy. If the ship you are healing is so bad that you have to focus heals on it and never get a chance to fire weapons then you should just let em die.

But My point was adding outgoing healing can take the place of DPS in getting into the loot rolls so a dedicated healer that does not fire a single shot has equal chances of loot. If you heal the one doing DPS you are supporting them and deserve a chance at that loot. If you are at spawn spamming heals on nobody then you deserve nothing. It's not complicated and is fair.
"I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man.
Community Moderator
# 25
09-23-2013, 02:22 PM
I recently got my two oldest sons into the game and since I'm playing a throwaway character just to help them level up, I let them get everything they can possibly get -- including taking a Pass on loot unless they can't use it at all.

Even with that, I still get plenty of drops. I just don't get the occasional gem. And it's less hassle than having to trade it over to them.

I might get a bit more mercenary about it when they get to VA...
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Career Officer
# 26
09-26-2013, 05:17 AM
i actually like how the current systems is now TBH.

In other mmos i was sick to death of the fights over item rolling and people rage quitting cause they didnt get what they want.

With almost everyone using need now i have NEVER seen a fight over loot people roll need if they get then great if not they simply tred on this is the only mmo where i have never seen a loot fight.
Captain
# 27
09-26-2013, 06:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetwtf View Post
But My point was adding outgoing healing can take the place of DPS in getting into the loot rolls so a dedicated healer that does not fire a single shot has equal chances of loot.
What about the guy in Azure who doesn't heal anything or fire any shots, and never actually gets into fights, but is the one to release all the ships?
Career Officer
# 28
09-26-2013, 07:37 AM
I think I might be one of the rare people who ignore the box and let 99.9% of drops auto pass. I have the stuff i need from fleet stores. Items drops are inferior and will only get sold for the EC to get what I need for other toons.

I do the PvE or STF for the marks and Dilithium. for items to trade for EC i use the foundry. If I feel like per-suing a purple drop I will change the game difficulty to elite and hit the sector patrols in Tau Dewa.

I think a beter system for getting better equipment should be done through the DOFF system. I.E experimental console upgrade gives you a common, after a few times of being run the DOFF should have gained experience in that project so your chance of Uncommon increases, then a few more times blue chance increases so on and so on.
Career Officer
# 29
09-26-2013, 07:54 AM
My suggesting is to allow the hosts of private matches to disable- or force- the need option for their match if they wish.
Commander
# 30
09-26-2013, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickcastleton View Post
With almost everyone using need now i have NEVER seen a fight over loot people roll need if they get then great if not they simply tred on this is the only mmo where i have never seen a loot fight.

That's practically all random and something that should have been there in the beginning. Need/Greed is a very old system. It should be all random by default since all of the good stuff is locked behind the Rep wall anyway.
These forums suck. ~Omega X