Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Captain
And the alterations made to the Bringing Down the House arc. I found it disconcerting that one scene had no voiceovers whatsoever...

I like how it plays out. You're not roaming all over town doing this and that. You've got purpose.

However, I wondered why Alexander called himself "K'mtar", so I had to look that up. And Worf was correct in the Star Trek episode the grown up version of Alexander appeared in... thanks to the alteration of time Worf's assassination was no longer certain. However...

Um... if anything STO isn't considered canon, right?
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-15-2013, 02:37 PM
Nothing that isn't seen on a TV or movie screen can be considered canon in the realm of Star Trek; STO just uses many canon elements to link to the canon Star Trek.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=5629511#post5629511

Literary Challenges Entries- Star Trek Online: Lord English
Dramatis Personae of Star Trek Online: Lord English
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
09-15-2013, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnehart View Post
And the alterations made to the Bringing Down the House arc. I found it disconcerting that one scene had no voiceovers whatsoever...

I like how it plays out. You're not roaming all over town doing this and that. You've got purpose.

However, I wondered why Alexander called himself "K'mtar", so I had to look that up. And Worf was correct in the Star Trek episode the grown up version of Alexander appeared in... thanks to the alteration of time Worf's assassination was no longer certain. However...

I think that's one of the things left up to the players, since anything in the shows, movies, or books that takes place after this would be dozens, if not hundreds, of years in the future.

So, if you don't want to consider it canon, that's up to you. Personally, I do consider it canon...though I limit canon on the story missions to just one character per faction--given that I have multiple characters for each faction, they can't all canonically go through the story missions in the game.
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld

Last edited by takeshi6; 09-15-2013 at 02:46 PM.
Career Officer
# 4
09-15-2013, 02:48 PM
However, if we operate in STO canon, there's the interesting fact that in the future the Klingons have a Rozhenko-class time shuttle. Even though he actually never made that trip. (Paradox alarm.) If Cryptic wants to be funny they could actually have the K'mtar from TNG return and find his father alive.
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-15-2013, 03:07 PM
Quote:
yea fill the same but criptic always do the thing by half in kdf side

Quote:

hell no, NO PLS NO , criptic cant be canon because they dont even understand them self , we star kdf side stoping a romulan complot and late jampok alow romulans walk in all 1st city like they were conquerors use kdf ship and resources ... for mi this is more than enof to star a civil war (im in the side to kick jampok and his romulans pet out of qonos)
Armada Estelar Argentina
I support : Bridge modules;What is your beef with the Galaxy Cryptic? the longest post until now, maybe it's time to do something about it ... SRS-Galaxy COMM Channel for all captains of Galaxy-R/-X to be united in the Galaxy Class attack Wing, a multi fleet escuadron
Captain
# 6
09-15-2013, 04:01 PM
Quote:
STO is not canon. Like every novel, comic book, and other game bearing the name Star Trek, it is its own private sub-universe of Trek. What transpires here has nothing to do with what happens in the canon Trek universes.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
09-15-2013, 04:32 PM
While the future that K'mtar came from is no longer certain (Worf is still alive and present in STO, so whatever happened was prevented), but Alexander still met K'mtar.

Now that the Federation and Empire are at war, having a human name becomes more of a liability to him than it would have been in DS9. Using a Klingon name is a convenience. It preempts the many questions a human name invites. Alexander has perfectly good answers to those questions (Son of Worf, House of Martok, veteran of the Dominion War and presumably several since), but as K'mtar he doesn't have to explain those reasons to pretty much everybody he meets.
Career Officer
# 8
09-15-2013, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by assimilatedktar View Post
If Cryptic wants to be funny they could actually have the K'mtar from TNG return and find his father alive.
That... would be really kinda awesome, actually.
Captain
# 9
09-15-2013, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
While the future that K'mtar came from is no longer certain (Worf is still alive and present in STO, so whatever happened was prevented), but Alexander still met K'mtar.

Now that the Federation and Empire are at war, having a human name becomes more of a liability to him than it would have been in DS9. Using a Klingon name is a convenience. It preempts the many questions a human name invites. Alexander has perfectly good answers to those questions (Son of Worf, House of Martok, veteran of the Dominion War and presumably several since), but as K'mtar he doesn't have to explain those reasons to pretty much everybody he meets.
I wonder what would happen if K'Mtar met a Klingon who knows of human history and that his human name is the same name used by a famous conquerer....

There's one thing I really like about the tutorial missions... you get to take command the Klingon way (though I think even by Klingon standards the way you took it was pretty unusual).
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
09-15-2013, 05:26 PM
You're all missing the point here. The point is that the Klingon tutorial,new missions & revamped missions are awesome!
And yes, they are. It truly is much more fun to level a KDF char now.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!