Captain
# 11
09-18-2013, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
Out of curiosity, does the problem persist if you reset the map? I still get occasional cased of one of my Boffs popping to the other side of the map, but it tends to resolve itself after a reset.
Just checked. Hitting reset doesn't help. Also, this bug only happens when the mobs are engaged in combat.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Captain
# 12
09-18-2013, 01:22 PM
Other observations:

The mobs fade out as if they had been hit with a "turn off object" trigger, except it affects the ships individually instead of as a group.

When they reappear, they have the same amount of HP as they had when they vanished.

Map information:
The map contains a large planet with a ring system that overlaps the origin (the point (0,0,0)) and several detail pieces (debris and asteroid fields mostly) but is overall very empty. The mobs are all Orions, and the objectives on the map are to kill first the Fighter 02 group and Frigate 01 group, followed by the Battleship 01 group, then you advance to a surface map.

And my project ID is ST-HMVK8ZDAT.

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!

Last edited by starswordc; 09-18-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 13
09-18-2013, 05:35 PM
This is a known issue.
Captain
# 14
09-18-2013, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
This is a known issue.
I know, I was just wondering if there was a fix in the works.

Cryptic Studios Team
# 15
09-19-2013, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
I know, I was just wondering if there was a fix in the works.
It's assigned to a programmer, but I have no other info as to if/when a fix might arrive.
Captain
# 16
09-19-2013, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
It's assigned to a programmer, but I have no other info as to if/when a fix might arrive.
Ok, thank you.

Ensign
# 17
10-04-2013, 09:11 PM
I don't know if what I have seen with a KDF mission I have (unpublished) is the same bug. When I do the 'Play Map' for one of the space maps, a Federation ship appears which has to be destroyed. But the Fed. ship always fades out before I can destroy it. I have looked on the map to see if it warped to some other location, but it is just gone.

I can use the 'Kill Target' button to destroy it to test the rest of the map, at least.
Ancient Vulcan proverb: "If you are what you eat, then 'Jerk' must be a very popular food on Earth"
Survivor of Romulus
# 18
10-05-2013, 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosvik View Post
I don't know if what I have seen with a KDF mission I have (unpublished) is the same bug. When I do the 'Play Map' for one of the space maps, a Federation ship appears which has to be destroyed. But the Fed. ship always fades out before I can destroy it. I have looked on the map to see if it warped to some other location, but it is just gone.

I can use the 'Kill Target' button to destroy it to test the rest of the map, at least.
Hi Rosvik,

What you're mentioning is "normal" foundry behaviour. Storyline mobs tend to fade away during preview mode.

This won't happen in published mode (when you're playing on holodeck).
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message ^^