Commander
I don't want to sound like a noob, but in many ways, especially the Foundry, I still AM one. I also don't want to sound overzealous or cocky so I'm asking this question of our very friendly Foundry authors out there before I do anything.
I have a mission that has 120 plays with an excellent rating. Obviously over time, as I've moved on to making a new missions, my advertising of said mission has subsided. I still get a play here and there, but it's slow.
Again, it's got a great rating, somewhere around 4.3 at my last check. The overwhelming majority of players give it 4-5 stars, and when they comment, have positive remarks. I've also gotten a couple of pretty favorable reviews from reviewers here on the forums. So at what point should I consider submitting for featuring? Do I need to get a certain amount of plays, say 200? 500? Or should I wait to see if my rating improves even higher? 4.5? 4.7?
For those of you who have Foundry spotlight missions, how did you decide to click that "submit to Cryptic for featuring" button?

If you like Foundry missions, try mine here!

Last edited by djf021; 09-16-2013 at 09:07 AM.
Career Officer
# 2
09-16-2013, 09:00 AM
Now

/10 character minimum
Commander
# 3
09-16-2013, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
Now

/10 character minimum
Can you elaborate a bit? What factors tell me it should be now? Just trying to learn as much as I can. Also what do you mean by 10 character minimum?

Survivor of Romulus
# 4
09-16-2013, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djf021 View Post
Can you elaborate a bit? What factors tell me it should be now? Just trying to learn as much as I can. Also what do you mean by 10 character minimum?
Whenever you feel said mission is ready.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
09-16-2013, 09:34 AM
Really, the time to spotlight a mission is when you feel the mission is as good as you think it's going to get. Remember, if it's selected, you'll loose editing access so you'll what to make it as polished as you can before.

It also doesn't hurt get an outside. There are a number of Foundry podcasts that do reviews. Evil70th and Soutes have also each been doing in-depth reviews here on the forums. These are great because they bring a fresh perspective and can often illuminate things that you may have not even considered. Brandflakes (who ultimatly picks the spotlights) has even said in the past that he listens to the podcasts and will keep an ear out for potential spotlights.

@greendragoon
Career Officer
# 6
09-16-2013, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Ultimately it comes down to when you feel ready.
You have been getting good feedback, so the worst that can happen is Brandon says no.

As Dragoon stated above, there are plenty of avenues to get reviews of your missions, and in depth ones as he said.

It might make you feel more ready to have your work reviewed and take to heart what the reviewers say out there. Maybe make adjustments, maybe don't, but asking a podcast or one of the "in depth" review threads to have a look will get you more feedback than the small space people have available to comment with the in game window.

I don't know what ultimately makes someone feel ready to submit for spotlighting. I'm just someone who doesn't mind hearing no, because to me "No" isn't a bad answer. Its a chance to learn.

But really, it all boils down to when you feel ready.

and 10 character minimum is a forum thing.
msgs have to have at least 10 characters in them
NOW was only 3 letters
Commander
# 7
09-16-2013, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
It also doesn't hurt get an outside. There are a number of Foundry podcasts that do reviews. Evil70th and Soutes have also each been doing in-depth reviews here on the forums. These are great because they bring a fresh perspective and can often illuminate things that you may have not even considered. Brandflakes (who ultimatly picks the spotlights) has even said in the past that he listens to the podcasts and will keep an ear out for potential spotlights.
Quote:
Ultimately it comes down to when you feel ready.
You have been getting good feedback, so the worst that can happen is Brandon says no.

As Dragoon stated above, there are plenty of avenues to get reviews of your missions, and in depth ones as he said.

It might make you feel more ready to have your work reviewed and take to heart what the reviewers say out there. Maybe make adjustments, maybe don't, but asking a podcast or one of the "in depth" review threads to have a look will get you more feedback than the small space people have available to comment with the in game window.
Agreed. I've already got a very positive reviews from Evil70th and Ashtaku, and this mission has had mention on your Foundry Roundtable podcast as well (albeit in a bit earlier, less polished state). Well it sounds like perhaps it's time then, after a final quality check.

Last edited by djf021; 09-16-2013 at 10:00 AM.
Commander
# 8
09-16-2013, 09:57 AM
Quote:
and 10 character minimum is a forum thing.
msgs have to have at least 10 characters in them
NOW was only 3 letters
LOL ok. I thought you were telling me something deeper than that.

Starfleet Veteran
# 9
09-16-2013, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Agreed. I've already got a very positive reviews from Evil70th and Ashtaku, and this mission has had mention on your Foundry Roundtable podcast as well (albeit in a bit earlier, less polished state). Well it sounds like perhaps it's time then, after a final quality check.
I think Foundry Files is looking for submissions.

foundryfiles@gmail.com

@greendragoon
Commander
# 10
09-16-2013, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
I think Foundry Files is looking for submissions.

foundryfiles@gmail.com
Sounds great! Thanks for the link.