Lieutenant
# 11
09-16-2013, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by donperk View Post
I don't want to drag things off-topic, but, other than its convenience, why are folks focusing on the /demorecord feature for doing machinima? I believe most people working in that medium are using streaming screen capture software, which has a lot of flexibility, including record pause and other features.

Or does demorecord do something nice, like removing all HUD items (interact buttons, etc.)?
Demorecord allows you to set up camera paths etc... and it does remove the HUD.

I was able to do a proof of concept intro for Majestic using it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSbRy...0ZmHhHZ-FrwAgw
Star Trek: Majestic producer, writer, set designer, and other hats.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-16-2013, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepatriot1776 View Post
Demorecord allows you to set up camera paths etc... and it does remove the HUD.

I was able to do a proof of concept intro for Majestic using it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSbRy...0ZmHhHZ-FrwAgw
Ah... nice.

I just ran through the sets. They are very cool and represent a lot of work.

I did notice some wall flashes in areas that may distract from your recordings -- some can probably be fixed, others not. Hopefully the flashes in the conference room can be fixed -- that's a great set piece.

I thought it was pretty funny that there is an auxilary medical bay just outside the combat training room.
Captain
# 13
09-16-2013, 04:41 PM
Quote:
It's set sometime after 2374, so it's not 2409 yet.

Here's more research for you from Making of Star Trek by Stephen Whitefield and Gene Roddenberry.

http://i.imgur.com/bDFzA.jpg?1

In developing Star Trek: Majestic we came up with a canon list that adheres to the original vision of Gene Roddenberry, so his words carry more weight.
That's fair enough. During the live-action canon period Starfleet definitely had an overabundance of humans, at least on the ships we saw the crews of, so one-race-majority crews seems like a decent explanation.

So, you're putting it during or just after the Dominion War, then?
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Lieutenant
# 14
09-16-2013, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by donperk View Post
Ah... nice.

I just ran through the sets. They are very cool and represent a lot of work.

I did notice some wall flashes in areas that may distract from your recordings -- some can probably be fixed, others not. Hopefully the flashes in the conference room can be fixed -- that's a great set piece.

I thought it was pretty funny that there is an auxilary medical bay just outside the combat training room.
I really tried to remove the glitches, but no matter what I do they still occur. I'm glad that you liked the conference room. It was a lot of work, but I'm very pleased with how it turned out.

That is definitely a nice touch. lol Edit: Now that I've thought about it, that room that you think is a combat training room is actually the ship Doctor's office. Dr. Sho'Ka is a Klingon. lol

My only complaint about the bridge set is the lack of a Federation captain's chair and a bridge chair. I was disappointed to see that the only captain's chair in the Foundry is the Klingon one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
That's fair enough. During the live-action canon period Starfleet definitely had an overabundance of humans, at least on the ships we saw the crews of, so one-race-majority crews seems like a decent explanation.

So, you're putting it during or just after the Dominion War, then?
It's after the Dominion War and after Hobus explodes. In this continuity, Romulus doesn't explode and is still there, so the Romulans are a definite player still in galactic politics.

We've used some of the plot that Cryptic developed for the game while ignoring the rest. We've expanded upon other plot points to compensate. I can't really go into detail concerning the plot as that would be a spoiler for the series.

Last edited by thepatriot1776; 09-16-2013 at 06:05 PM.
Career Officer
# 15
09-16-2013, 05:42 PM
Pretty awesome work. However, one suggestion I might make is to move the walls at the front of the bridge to the sides so you can make the view screen wider. I'd try to use the majority of the glass asset for width, and then maybe put something like a building block wall above it to make it so it's not quite so tall.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Career Officer
# 16
09-16-2013, 05:47 PM
Quote:
My only complaint about the bridge set is the lack of a Federation captain's chair and a bridge chair. I was disappointed to see that the only captain's chair in the Foundry is the Klingon one.
I think the TOS Captain's chair is now available as well.

Lieutenant
# 17
09-16-2013, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
Pretty awesome work. However, one suggestion I might make is to move the walls at the front of the bridge to the sides so you can make the view screen wider. I'd try to use the majority of the glass asset for width, and then maybe put something like a building block wall above it to make it so it's not quite so tall.
I did as you suggested for the viewscreen, but I had to use two windows to make it work. The result is a vertical metal line going through the center of the screen. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
I think the TOS Captain's chair is now available as well.
Not my first choice, but I used it in the latest publish.
Rihannsu
# 18
09-16-2013, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
I forget the episode, but this did get brought up in canon... Maybe it was the Hera? *looks it up* YUP!
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-16-2013, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I forget the episode, but this did get brought up in canon... Maybe it was the Hera? *looks it up* YUP!
Let's go back further to the TOS era where you will find the U.S.S. Intrepid (NCC-1631). c.f.: "The Immunity Syndrome" (Memory Alpha) (StarTrek.com)
Career Officer
# 20
09-16-2013, 09:51 PM
If you think about it, the race centric ships probably make sense. There would be fewer cultural misunderstandings/clashes.