Captain
# 101
10-31-2013, 06:14 AM
Shevet: Hard to believe your story has ended. It seems like only yesterday when Klur ordered the tricobalt attack on Bercera. Ah, well. Any good story has a beginning, middle, and end. Otherwise, it's like a never-ending soap opera. If it were one of your stories, though, never-ending would suit me just fine. Thank you for your creativity/imagination and your willingness to share them. Looking forward to your next story.
Rihannsu
# 102
10-31-2013, 12:45 PM
Totally awesome story. Really liked the ending, but really everything was good. Are you planning to go back to LCs, or take a bit of a break?
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Commander
# 103
10-31-2013, 02:57 PM
Well, tomorrow is November 1st, which means it's the first day of NaNoWriMo (should be easy enough to find on Google if you've not heard of it). I've been doing NaNoWriMo every year since 2003, and I'm not quitting this year, so my creative energies for the next month will be heading in that direction.... However, I'll be back.

(If nothing else, this story's convinced me I'll be able to "win" NaNoWriMo again this year.)
Commander
# 104
10-31-2013, 10:28 PM
Awesome conclusion, Shevet, to an equally awesome story! You have a knack for writing battle scenes, as all of yours were very tense and exciting affairs. The same goes for the whole mystery behind Klur and his backers-- I was reading the whole thing intently from start to finish to find out what his story was. Overall, I liked the interplay between your three captains, and like the way you rounded out the story in the end.

Regrettably, I won't be participating in NaNo this year (can't think of any original story ideas at the moment, sadly). However, I wish you the best of luck, and am confident that whatever you produce will be awesome, given everything you've written in Ten Forward thus far.
Captain
# 105
11-01-2013, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shevet View Post
However, I'll be back.
And your audience will be waiting (impatiently in my case).
Rihannsu
# 106
11-01-2013, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shevet View Post
Well, tomorrow is November 1st, which means it's the first day of NaNoWriMo (should be easy enough to find on Google if you've not heard of it). I've been doing NaNoWriMo every year since 2003, and I'm not quitting this year, so my creative energies for the next month will be heading in that direction.... However, I'll be back.

(If nothing else, this story's convinced me I'll be able to "win" NaNoWriMo again this year.)
Good luck, though I don't think you need much of it. Actually I have heard of NaNoWriMo, and its kicked my literary efforts in the aft every time.
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member