Former PWE Community Team Lead
Hello Captains!

For the first time ever, we're holding a 'Wallpaper Contest'! Have an in-game screen that you've taken that you think should be on every player's desktop? Submit it today for a chance to win an awesome prize!

Contest Begins: Now
Contest Ends: September 20, 2013 at 11:59 AM PDT

Contest Rules:

• Participants may submit one (1) original, unaltered in-game screenshot by the date and time listed above.
    • The image should be linked in a reply to this post -- this will count as an official entry. If you are posting the link in [IMG][/IMG] tags, please also be sure to include the direct link to the image.
  • The image should be a minimum size of 1920x1200.
    • To take an image that is sized larger than your monitor, you can try using the "renderscale" chat command: /renderscale X
      • X = the scale number (i.e. 1.5 = 150% of normal scale, 2 = 200%, etc.).
      • It's best to start at 1.5 to see if your machine can handle the larger render.
      • Going over 3 is not recommended as most machines will be unable to support it and your game will crash.
        • Don't forget to revert back to the original scale after taking your screen! /renderscale 1
        • For advice from our art team on taking screenshots, check out this archived post.
  • We'll add the STO logo to the winning image, so please do not add one yourself.
  • Winning images will be selected by the PWE Community Team.

Prizes:

One (1) First Place prize: The one (1) winning image* will be featured in the official Wallpapers section of the site, with the creator's forum name holding the byline, as well as in a front-page news post. The 1st place winner will also receive 625 STO Promo Points for the C-Store.

Three (3) Runner-up prizes: A costume of their choice: ToS Formal Uniform, ToS Medical Uniform, ToS Tunic Uniform, or Enterprise Era Uniform.

Good luck, and let's boldly go where no one has gone before!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

*The winning image may be adjusted, edited or altered by the PWE Community Team in order to feature it as a wallpaper. This may include cropping, lighting adjustments, logo additions, etc.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 2
09-16-2013, 03:03 PM
AWESOME! /+a total of ten characters...
Vice Admiral Kerayz of the Federation of Misfits.
Lieutenant
# 3
09-16-2013, 03:15 PM
Career Officer
# 4
09-16-2013, 03:22 PM
I use the following macro for screenshots.

/bind "PrtScrn" "renderscale 2 $$ screenshot_jpg $$ renderscale 1"

You can change the key and the jpg to something else to your liking.

Can't wait to see the submissions.
Rihannsu
# 5
09-16-2013, 03:24 PM
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
09-16-2013, 03:24 PM
gah... only ONE? This is going to be tougher than I thought...

EDIT: I don't know if anyone else does this, but my Windows 7 desktop is set to choose a different random image from my STO screenshots folder every hour. I've got well over a thousand screenshots in there...

Raptr profile

Last edited by direphoenix; 09-16-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Lieutenant
# 7
09-16-2013, 03:26 PM

Direct link - https://www.facebook.com/reinahw/med...e=3&uploaded=1 - Scroll down to the last picture to see it, taken almost two years ago while on a patrol
Ensign
# 8 Nearing the Wormhole
09-16-2013, 03:27 PM
Career Officer
Rihannsu
# 10
09-16-2013, 03:39 PM
Here is my picture

Direct Link

We are ( I am ) the 9Th Fleet. Resistance is futile.
Rasender "i-got-all-the-stuff!" Reporter Data
Closed Thread