Lt. Commander
# 161
01-29-2010, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminMaxwell View Post
So basically, you all at Cryptic are going to make people tune out in droves when they realize that half the day's programming schedule is filled with insepid Enterprise garbage, and totally miss any promotion of STO that might take place therein. Oh, and miss the TNG programming to follow because they changed the channel hours ago.

Genius. Absolute genius.
Enterprise was no where near as bad as you are making it out to be. 4th season in particular was some of the best trek on TV
Lt. Commander
# 162
01-29-2010, 01:27 AM
To each their own.

I, for one, was gratified that the final episode before UPN pulled the plug involved an avenue for the whole sorry affair to be interpreted as nothing more than Riker's holodeck shenanigans.
Lt. Commander
# 163
01-29-2010, 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminMaxwell View Post
To each their own.

I, for one, was gratified that the final episode before UPN pulled the plug involved an avenue for the whole sorry affair to be interpreted as nothing more than Riker's holodeck shenanigans.
Now that was the worst Trek episode ever made. A complete insult. The previous one was an excellent ending for the series. Excluding that final episode with Riker and the First 4th season episode with the Nazis, the 4th season was very strong. Certainly much stronger than the 1st seaons of TNG , Voyager or DS9.
Lt. Commander
# 164
01-29-2010, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofftillman View Post
Now that was the worst Trek episode ever made. A complete insult. The previous one was an excellent ending for the series. Excluding that final episode with Riker and the First 4th season episode with the Nazis, the 4th season was very strong. Certainly much stronger than the 1st seaons of TNG , Voyager or DS9.
And had they been allowed to do 5+ seasons they'd have gotten into the Earth-Romulan War and I bet those battles would have rivaled the Dominion War in terms of epicness. Especially with how much more advanced CGI tech is these days compared to DS9's days.

Somewhat off topic, I was watching last night when they were dealing with the Klingon augment virus, and there were several instances where I found myself going "I just went there" or "oh now I get it." In other words, Cryptic did a great job with the homage missions. At least the ones I got to experience during beta.

Anyway, I love ENT so I'll be watching both days.
Lt. Commander
# 165
01-30-2010, 06:39 PM
Why did they rename themselves SyFy?
Lt. Commander
# 166
01-30-2010, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chani_Faith
So they could trademark it
Lt. Commander
# 167
01-30-2010, 07:07 PM
There is a world outside of America. Marketing people would do well to remember this.
Lt. Commander
# 168
01-30-2010, 07:17 PM
I'm sorry but the original episodes was what defined Star Trek. Those of you who have never seen any of them has not a clue what star trek was all about .
Lt. Commander
# 169
01-30-2010, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
Hmm maybe I should place a huge plamsa tv above my comp LOL....
I have a huge computer monitor under my small 60" plasma TV!
Lt. Commander
# 170
01-30-2010, 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chani_Faith
To dumb down the English language by having a gimmick name. I've boycotted the channel because of this, and all my friends now call it "See-Fee."