Lt. Commander
# 81
01-27-2010, 02:58 PM
am sure sfi-fi channel 4 in sweden would jump at the chance. Alot of MMO players in sweden you would be surprised
Lt. Commander
# 82
01-27-2010, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZweiSchuppen
Does this mean that SyFy will be showing TV advertisements for STO?
Yeah I was wondering the same thing. Blizzard got Shatner to do a commercial for WoW, why don't we get Nimoy to do one for us. He did a voice over for the game, after all.

Sadly, if we get anyone to do an ad for STO it'd probably be Chris Pine or Zach Quinto. As much as I liked the new movie, they aren't the face of Star Trek (or rather part of the many faces) yet.

Make it so, Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 83
01-27-2010, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSNighthawk
Sadly, if we get anyone to do an ad for STO it'd probably be Chris Pine or Zach Quinto. As much as I liked the new movie, they aren't the face of Star Trek (or rather part of the many faces) yet.
Please don't make me puke even insinuating the above 2 names are even remotely near the level of real Star Trek........ Star Wars rejects maybe.
Lt. Commander
# 84
01-27-2010, 03:08 PM
Ugh, I was really excited about this, recalling the Memorial Day Trekathons on my local FOX network when I was a kid, but if you take a look at the TNG episodes, it's a real disappointment. With the exeption of All Good Things..., these are all pretty mediocre episodes. Did Syfy somehow lose the rights to Best of Both Worlds and Unification?
Lt. Commander
# 85 Agreed
01-27-2010, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Trek
SciFi (I refuse to use their insipid, pretentious new name) should be airing Star Trek a hell of a lot more than they currently are.

This is a good start, but they need to bring it back more often.

And stop making horrible films like "Mansquito".
Though I love their crappy movies too.
Lt. Commander
# 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Trek

And stop making horrible films like "Mansquito".
Gawd, I love you. I laffed at this so hard. /empathy
Lt. Commander
# 87
Scott Bakula was great in Quantum Leap... but a proper Captain of the Enterprise... not really.

I could never get in to Enterprise very much. I watched 3 episodes of the first season and stopped.
Lt. Commander
# 88 I concur
01-27-2010, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZweiSchuppen
Does this mean that SyFy will be showing TV advertisements for STO?
Soli Deo Gloriia! Indeed!
Lt. Commander
# 89 Yes please!
01-27-2010, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makadelik View Post
Hell yeah to more Star Trek and less Ghost Hunters!!! It truly makes me happy to know that the Syfy channel will be playing a bit more sci-fi shows for the release of this game! Thank you Cryptic.
Scyfy please stop airing Ghost Hunters and ECW!!! WTF does professional wrestling have to do with science fiction?
Lt. Commander
# 90
01-27-2010, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronowolf14 View Post
Scyfy please stop airing Ghost Hunters and ECW!!! WTF does professional wrestling have to do with science fiction?

At least have giant Kill-bots wrestle each other. That'd be mildly SciFi.