Lt. Commander
Hi

I am currently on the Reman Opposition stage of the Friend of My Enemy quest, where I have to defeat the reman warbird Xatos. I am having serious difficulty with this mission - because if he doesnt kill me instantly with the 4 green balls of death (torpedoes), and I manage to start doing hit and run attacks while taking out these missiles - when I get him to half life he warps out and the mission resets.

Any thoughts/comments/kind words of comfort?

Feels like i am never gonna kill this freak!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2012, 06:10 PM
From a general combat view, try fighting at around 50% speed - that way you get to pound away at him without having to move around to much. Just keep your front shields powered. Once his facing shield is about to drop launch torps. Make use of your available skills to keep power to your shields, and to repair hull.

When the Heavy Plasma's are fired at you, use your own AoE skills eg Fire at Will or Cannon Volley or Torp Spread - which will hopefully thin them out and make the volley survivable.

Hope that helps some
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2012, 06:45 PM
Thanks Kaalryzian. very much appreciated - i was really pulling my hair out on this one. Guess I was just putting too much to speed and not enough to shields or weapons. reman sucka is now deceased!.

although when i logged back in he was spawned right on top of me and so boom i was dead almost before i clicked the confirm on the dialog box lol. still can't figure out why he was warping out every time i got him to half health before though.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-10-2012, 07:13 PM
Can't say I remember any mission reset warping out in any of the Reman missions - it has been a little bit since I did those missions.

A good technique, that I use, is if I see any red enemy markers when entering a mission; I hit my Full Impulse button. Movement = Defense.

What is your ship load out?
Ensign
# 5
09-18-2013, 08:25 AM
Are there any other ways to defeat this IRW Xatos cause it appeared aswell at the end of a friend in need as a reman ambush, eventhough I got extra plasma damage restistance it can still kill me with only 3 heavy plasma torpedos, now I almost had him in the reman oppsoition got him down to 23% then it bombed away a double dosis of the torpedos. It's like a NO-Win situation and don't beleive such, but this does want to make me delete my account cause in my eyes extremely unfair game play I should win this cause like 7 levels above it, not get killed like a noob
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
09-18-2013, 10:31 AM
Necro zombie thread activate! *Pulls sniper rifle out, and aims for the head.......

Fed Eng (Main). Fed Sci. Fed Tac. Rom Sci (KDF)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day