Starfleet Veteran
# 11
09-17-2013, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodachikuno View Post
One idea was a total redo of the romulan tutorial and possibly a few missions.

The other was a fed mission set in movie era(involving time travel obviously) in both you would need to fly stuff other than your lv50 ships with your twinked out farmer gear
Well, you can still do the first one as long as you make it clear in the introduction that is is an alternate tutorial. (It's not like sending them to level 1 would have gotten rid of their Admiral powers anyway.)

While it probably won't work the way you originally imagined, the second is still workable. You could set up a scenario where the player "commandeers" a ship, but you keep the player on the bridge and use dialog to describe what's going on outside. Drogyn does something similar in his mission, Sink the Bismark.

@greendragoon
Commander
# 12
09-17-2013, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
Well, you can still do the first one as long as you make it clear in the introduction that is is an alternate tutorial. (It's not like sending them to level 1 would have gotten rid of their Admiral powers anyway.)

While it probably won't work the way you originally imagined, the second is still workable. You could set up a scenario where the player "commandeers" a ship, but you keep the player on the bridge and use dialog to describe what's going on outside. Drogyn does something similar in his mission, Sink the Bismark.
The powers are less imbalancing for things like that than a twinked out lv50 ship with your omega/aegis/whatever set but thats also why I asked about forcing ppl to fight at lv1

Ill check that mission out to see what he did but I dont think either idea would work w/o the mechanics that only cryptic gets :/
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
09-17-2013, 01:15 PM
One thing you can do is carefully choose the enemy mobs you use so that the mission is available at the minimum level. For instance if you use Klingon or Orion mobs, the mission will be available to Romulan players as soon as they are able to do Foundry missions, which I can't remember precisely but it is either level 10/11 or whenever they choose an ally (which is around the same level anyway).

Probably the best approach if you want to re-write part of the in-game storyline is to simply make the mission with the storyline you want and then make it very clear to players that you are taking them back to when they were brand new starship captains or before. If you sell it convincingly, people will go along with it, regardless of their player level.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Commander
# 14
09-17-2013, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
Probably the best approach if you want to re-write part of the in-game storyline is to simply make the mission with the storyline you want and then make it very clear to players that you are taking them back to when they were brand new starship captains or before. If you sell it convincingly, people will go along with it, regardless of their player level.
I had considered that option... just seems a lame cop out tho and I might as well just write up the fanfiction for people to read instead.
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-20-2013, 01:55 PM
I'm not so sure. Depends on what you can do with interacts. In theory, it might be possible to set up something where you can do various things on the bridge that affect what happens... I've not actually written for the Foundry myself. Might be worth looking into, though. Like I say, it all depends on how much you can do with interacts.