Captain
# 1 Would you marry an alien?
02-20-2014, 10:42 AM
I think I seen two aliens walking in the mall once. I got a funny vibe off these two ladies. Both had very long necks, and worn outfits that wasn't really a style I seen before. They seen me looking at them and gave me a small smile as they continued on there way.

They looked like models, but the necks were very long.

Anyway, from what I understand there are many human type alien races out there. So, if you knew someone was an alien from another world, would you marry them if they asked?

I know strange question to ask.
Captain
# 2
02-20-2014, 10:53 AM
Attraction and personality dictates this...

It's like asking "would you marry someone from the other side of the world that is of a different race but know full welling that person is infertile?"

Kind of convoluted your question. But ya...there's always adoption if having kids is that important
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
02-20-2014, 10:55 AM
Is this a joke, or what?

Seriously, I'd marry a Klingon chick, but not most of the other Trek species. I like my women badass.

Of course, IRL there are no such things as sentient aliens, which leaves the only remaining options as hypothetical alien non-sentients. Of course, coupulating with a non-sentient is huuuuuugely unethical. So not IRL.
Founder and Grand Vizier of the Sovereign Ba'al joke. Hail Ba'al!
My official eternal issue: Why no muscle definition slider? Let's have some equal-opportunity sexiness, Cryptic!
PWE: NO to mandatory ARC! At least make it optional!
Empire Veteran
# 4
02-20-2014, 11:06 AM
Dpends on the number of nipples it posseses.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 5
02-20-2014, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by worffan101 View Post
Of course, IRL there are no such things as sentient aliens...
...of which we are aware. Important note there - we don't even know whether alien life exists yet, much less whether or not any of it is sapient. (Shush, Scout, we're talking about reality here.)

If sapient alien life exists, there's very little reason to suspect it would be human in appearance, and even less reason to suspect you might be sexually attracted to one. It might well have two genders, as that seems to be the most parsimonious method of mixing genes up, but then again birds and snakes are also two-gendered, but don't even have sex organs that you or I can easily locate.

I suspect that the two ladies mentioned in the original post may have been influenced by a (now largely extinct) African custom. I've heard of stranger body modifications...
-------------------------------------------
I'm old enough not to care too much about what you think of me --
But I'm young enough to remember the future, the way things ought to be...

- Rush, "Cut To the Chase", Counterparts
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
02-20-2014, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsills View Post
...of which we are aware. Important note there - we don't even know whether alien life exists yet, much less whether or not any of it is sapient. (Shush, Scout, we're talking about reality here.)

If sapient alien life exists, there's very little reason to suspect it would be human in appearance, and even less reason to suspect you might be sexually attracted to one. It might well have two genders, as that seems to be the most parsimonious method of mixing genes up, but then again birds and snakes are also two-gendered, but don't even have sex organs that you or I can easily locate.

I suspect that the two ladies mentioned in the original post may have been influenced by a (now largely extinct) African custom. I've heard of stranger body modifications...
Well, sure.

Just assuming the null hypothesis (no sentient alien life) until further evidence is found.
My official eternal issue: Why no muscle definition slider? Let's have some equal-opportunity sexiness, Cryptic!
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
02-20-2014, 11:22 AM
Logic dictates that I should marry T'Pol if she asks me.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
02-20-2014, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
Logic dictates that I should marry T'Pol if she asks me.
I'm not sure if that is logic so much as lust.
My Fan Fictions
Captain
# 9
02-20-2014, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by worffan101 View Post
Well, sure.

Just assuming the null hypothesis (no sentient alien life) until further evidence is found.
There's bloody little evidence of sentient life on Earth...oh, wait, "Intelligent" life on Earth, why should things be any different out off earth?
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
02-20-2014, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
There's bloody little evidence of sentient life on Earth...oh, wait, "Intelligent" life on Earth, why should things be any different out off earth?
Mathematics. Carl Sagan explained the equations in an episode of Cosmos once.

I can't remember it all off the top of my head, but the key piece is that sentient alien life is about as likely as a Yuuzhan Vong using the Death Star.

(the Yuuzhan Vong are these technophobic fundamentalist nuts from the Star Wars expanded universe books that show up like 15 years after the original series)

Complex life, sure. Probably just the equivalent of sentient blimps filtering plankton out of the upper atmosphere of a gas giant, nothing complicated or vertebrate-like, but basic animal-like life? Sure.

Sentients? Not so much. And remember, they're likely to have a vastly different culture from ours. Not Klingon different, Species 8472/Tholians/the fuzzies from "Little Fuzzy" and "Fuzzy Nation" style different.