Career Officer
# 1 Agro needs a slight fix
09-20-2013, 01:57 PM
So im sure many people have noticed this but some NPCs seem to like to hold grudges against players. The most prominent example is all the times I have played ISE. Whenever we get to the Tac Cube I try to stay and help out and fill my roll as a tank. But sometimes, I find it easier to just get agro, and then fly out of weapons range. No matter how much dmg your team does, the cube will still come solely for you. You can spend the entire fight out of combat and the cube will do nothing but fly at you very slowly.

Cryptic, do you think you can inplement something like if an NPCs target goes out of weapons range (at least in STFs and other challenging missions) that the NPC will switch targets to someone closer?

Sometimes ill even just cloak in my Scimitar and sit there until someone heals me and the Cube will still have me targeted but wont be able to do anything. This happens with a lot of other NPCs too, like the Spheres and the Gate. This seems to effect all space NPCs, its just that in STFs its the easiest to notice.
__________________________________________________ ___
Anyone want to give me a Wells class Temporal Science Vessel? Ill be your friend
Commander
# 2
09-20-2013, 07:03 PM
With only 3 points in threat generation, I've usually get the aggro in pve's, but that thing of npc's holding aggro even out of range I never noticed, but I dont do much pve I can't say. At least grabbing aggro works as far I know, dunno at the inverse
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-20-2013, 08:37 PM
My Captain, Brody, is built to make grudges. And I have seen first hand that a Tac Cube will pursue with single minded intent. I usually don't leave combat range, but on occasion one has to evasive away from the mother of all torpedo. All that said, Tac cube dose use fire at will quite often so it still will fire on other targets. Not highly effective fire, but dangerous to anyone not paying attention.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
09-21-2013, 01:46 AM
I think the aggro range is slightly higher than weapons range, so if you have Pointe in threat control you keep the grudge.

Have you tried increasing the distance?

That said, what better way to tank than sitting out of harms way and still keeping fire away from your team?

Though a bit of an easy mode, yes.
Career Officer
# 5
09-21-2013, 09:44 AM
actually this doesnt happen often but sometimes when I fly out of range right when the Cube uses Fire at Will, a few times it wont fire, even if all of my teammates are around.

And I havnt done it intentionally but there are a few times when ill fly 20km away and when I come back after healing the target still has me targeted so I dont think that distance is a factor.

Also this happened earlier and I forgot to mention it because it happens very rarely, but a few times when I have agro, I will die, respawn, and when I fly back, I'll still have agro. THAT is definitely an issue.
__________________________________________________ ___
Anyone want to give me a Wells class Temporal Science Vessel? Ill be your friend
Captain
# 6
09-21-2013, 10:23 AM
Although I hate it, it is actually something that makes some sense (in a way). The borg are relentless.
I don't die often, but when I do is the tact cube that just won't let me go. And let's face it, if we do a lot of damage to a target and we almost destroy it, do we disengage, or keep at it until it blows up?
Career Officer
# 7
09-21-2013, 07:34 PM
It is not just borg in STFs. I had a mirror battleship chasing me as I was cloaked and more than 25km from him. And I never put points into threat control.