Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,608
# 1 NPCs using insane skills
09-18-2013, 12:10 PM
I've been out for a while. Loaded the game again just to see what's new. Getting used to space combat again, I tried a few PvE encounters, some storyline missions, etc...

NPCs are using absurdly insane skills. Especially high-speeds. Eject Warp Plasma isn't affecting them AT ALL. Pounding their shields then dropping mine pattern beta with tricobalt mines, the SOB (surrounded by plasma) proceeded to not only move, but move so fast the mines followed him for 50k. I had to go full impulse to catch up to him!


It's freaking insane! Cryptic clearly hasn't put any more thought into anything than they did when I quit playing. In fact it's why I quit playing.

Consider me disappointed.


EDIT: Oh, and I gave the worst example, but in EVERY combat the NPC was doing this same thing.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,293
# 2
09-18-2013, 12:56 PM
ISE?

The boost to Emergency Power To Engines (which a LOT of NPCs have always had) has rendered most CC stuff moot since LOR. Spheres in particular, its like chasing down a pinball now, so it shows the most during ISE. Just means we have to kill them before they activate it now, carry a tractor beam, or get used to chasing them down. *shrugs*
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,109
# 3
09-18-2013, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
ISE?

The boost to Emergency Power To Engines (which a LOT of NPCs have always had) has rendered most CC stuff moot since LOR. Spheres in particular, its like chasing down a pinball now, so it shows the most during ISE. Just means we have to kill them before they activate it now, carry a tractor beam, or get used to chasing them down. *shrugs*
Or get your friendly neighborhood science captain to SNB it.
toDuj 'oS rol.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,293
# 4
09-18-2013, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipagat View Post
Or get your friendly neighborhood science captain to SNB it.
Eh, till they come up with an AOE version of SNB, I'm not wasting a captain power with a 3-minute cooldown on a single sphere when he's got 9 buddies I also gotta deal with.

*does her best Hirogen impression* Such pitiful prey is unworthy.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,608
# 5
09-18-2013, 01:28 PM
Apparently Cryptic are smoking crack again. AGAIN. There is no 12-step program strong enough to help them.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,261
# 6
09-18-2013, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
ISE?

The boost to Emergency Power To Engines (which a LOT of NPCs have always had) has rendered most CC stuff moot since LOR. Spheres in particular, its like chasing down a pinball now, so it shows the most during ISE. Just means we have to kill them before they activate it now, carry a tractor beam, or get used to chasing them down. *shrugs*
Actually, there may be a solution. Once the new gravity well and tyken's rift changes go live on holodeck, their repel will be much stronger. Taking that into consideration, we should then be able to spam a group of spheres with GW ( 3 GW III's should suffice) and hold them in place with just the repel from the GW'S. You'd just need 2 or 3 sci ships with purple gravametric doffs and presto-a yummy sphere sauce for you my friend!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,293
# 7
09-18-2013, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuhteb5 View Post
Actually, there may be a solution. Once the new gravity well and tyken's rift changes go live on holodeck, their repel will be much stronger. Taking that into consideration, we should then be able to spam a group of spheres with GW ( 3 GW III's should suffice) and hold them in place with just the repel from the GW'S. You'd just need 2 or 3 sci ships with purple gravametric doffs and presto-a yummy sphere sauce for you my friend!
Well I know you can do it right now anyways if you cheat the AI. They're programmed not to pop their EPTE until after the Transformer is destroyed (they'd be really cheating otherwise), but it means you can still use GW on them prior to that. Pop the generators together, turn around and GW the sphere wave. They'll politely let you bunch them up for a team CSV/FAW party. Then you go back and kill the Transformer. Now you only have to play 'catch me if you can' with the first two spheres plus the two more reinforcements that have probably spawned by then. Its less aggravating than all the EPTE dogfighting, but unfortunately requires more coordinating and 'doing something differently' than most pugs can muster.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 522
# 8
09-18-2013, 01:45 PM
Kill them before they can run away.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,329
# 9
09-18-2013, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentmaster View Post
I've been out for a while. Loaded the game again just to see what's new. Getting used to space combat again, I tried a few PvE encounters, some storyline missions, etc...

NPCs are using absurdly insane skills. Especially high-speeds. Eject Warp Plasma isn't affecting them AT ALL. Pounding their shields then dropping mine pattern beta with tricobalt mines, the SOB (surrounded by plasma) proceeded to not only move, but move so fast the mines followed him for 50k. I had to go full impulse to catch up to him!


It's freaking insane! Cryptic clearly hasn't put any more thought into anything than they did when I quit playing. In fact it's why I quit playing.

Consider me disappointed.


EDIT: Oh, and I gave the worst example, but in EVERY combat the NPC was doing this same thing.
It is Emergency Power to Engines... Practically EVERY NPC uses it for some weird reason and because of this and the fact that it seems downright broken (does not do this for us) they zip all over the place like they have a couple thousand Saturn V's shoved up their aft.

They really need to fix this. Give them Emergency Power to Shields, Aux to SiF, or something else instead.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,608
# 10
09-18-2013, 02:13 PM
Cryptic is so clueless they have to keep up the totally fake double standard. They have 2 sets of rules: NPC and player.

The only solution to STOPPING this crap is to have one set of rules. Players. NPCs can use skills but ONLY get the exact same results as a player would.

That would go a long way to reducing insta-pop invisible torps in STFs and maniac skill used by NPCs that should never have those skills in the first place.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:54 PM.