Captain
# 1 Klingons ruin their own PvP
09-18-2013, 04:42 PM
Today I was pugging on some of my Klingons. I queued for CnH and Arena for both FvK and KvK. I think the highest the KvK queue got up to was 2, and I was on of them, so naturally, when the queue popped it was FvK. When the match starts I go right to the astroids (seriously, why does everyone go to the nebula?). I capture the point and move on to the next. I saw a battle at the nebula so I assumed all the feds where there. After capturing all the points I notice a battle at the fed spawn point so I cloak and watch. Most (not all) of the Klingons are spawn camping by dropping AAs, warp plasma, theta, etc. on the fed spawn point. There was so much spam that I was even lagging watching it. After the match ended I queued again, and again the same things happened. It was soooo freaking boring. I know that fed puggs tend to not be as good as Klingon pugs, but seriously?

I know it's not all Klingons, and feds aren't much better, but I know why the KvK queues are so quiet. There's plenty of Klingon pvpers queuing but they don't want to queue into their own crap either.

I think I'm going to try the Tyler Durden channel. They at least seem to be having fun.
Captain
# 2
09-18-2013, 05:05 PM
Make the spawn a capturable node.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
# 3
09-18-2013, 05:17 PM
Indeed hit the Tyler Channel... Feds Klink Or Rom everyone is welcome... matches will be close... and if you get into a TD game that for some reason isn't close... stick around for the rematch and the teams will get spun and it will be Epic.

As far as Que matches go KvK matches are some of the best I have played in... its a damn shame that most people that play Klinks in the ques are not true PvPers.

Leave the Ques to the farmers... those feds that are sitting at the base... AND those kilnks over there camping them are all farming... let them do there thing... one side sits one sides shoots the AFKs to earn there D.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-18-2013, 06:25 PM
I feel it is my duty to chime in on these threads laced with ignorance. First off there is no such thing as "spawn camping" Second if the enemy failed to avoid deployment suppression then it's their fault for not having the knowledge, skill, or build to escape such a valuable tactic. The enemy can't cap if they are dead all the time after all! Such a team would have had the same issue on an arena map as well!

As far the the title to this thread goes nothing is being ruined. When the fvk q's dry up due to the age old fantasy the klingons are op we tend to get our fix in kerrat and even nvak is accessible through the diplomatic granting that allows a fed to enter our space. It sounds to me like the op might have been having a flashback to being on the fed end of that more times than he can count. My advice learn how we on the kdf side do cnh's or go back to play a fed. This all boils down to the simplest concept: If you don't like the way the public q's are the setup private matches as Antonio here says!

The lack of interest in kvk stems back from a time before lockbox ships in which kvk would have just been a cloak on cloak fest. Yes kvk should have grown interest and I would expect more pops from it as well. I don't think the argument of kdf wanting to avoid their "own bs" is a valid one anymore since the majority of what we have is now cross faction. Short of the acetone assimilator we have very little unique to our faction except a borderline useless all universal boff power bop.

Last edited by tron4eternity; 09-18-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-18-2013, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
As far as Que matches go KvK matches are some of the best I have played in... its a damn shame that most people that play Klinks in the ques are not true PvPers.

D.

That's a big lol statement right there. That made my week and apparently just made you a huge target for lots of us "not true pvpers"
Empire Veteran
# 6
09-18-2013, 06:49 PM
'spawn camping' can only happen when there is such a large skill gap between teams, that the match isn't worth taking seriously, and should be ended as soon as possible.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Commander
# 7
09-18-2013, 07:01 PM
Sounds a lot like a certain 'transient' fleet I know...
K'eg/T'lol/Dude/Yak
Captain
# 8
09-18-2013, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
'spawn camping' can only happen when there is such a large skill gap between teams, that the match isn't worth taking seriously, and should be ended as soon as possible.
Yeah I totally understand with lopsided games, but this one wasn't so lopsided. Also when respawning, you start at 0 power and no defense (and I believe there's a bug with DR too), and it's cap n splode..almost everyone dies so when the spawn point is spammed with warp poo, theta, mines, pets..etc before anyone actually dies just to catch them in the lag spam, I call crappy play style, but, that's all not the point of this thread.

You hear in OPvP all the time about no pvp going on. Why don't KDF players queue for KvK? I do, and I haven't gotten a game in several months. Also, its not a cloak fest as some say. I've done KvK and it can be fun. Most kdf pvpers don't even actually have battle cloak on their ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Make the spawn a capturable node.
Yeah that would be cool. That would be just like most Cap-n-hold games, and then you wouldn't have to wait forever on lopsided games.

Anyways.... I've /join_channel Tyler Durden

Hope to have some fun pvp with my KDF toons in the near future
Captain
# 9
09-18-2013, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tron4eternity View Post
That's a big lol statement right there. That made my week and apparently just made you a huge target for lots of us "not true pvpers"
@husanak....

Target away. lmao

You also missed my larger point.... Real PvP players DO NOT que up for Cap and holds and sit at the base and die... IF 3-4 feds that know what they are doing que up ifor a Cap and Hold the klinks loose almost every time frankly.

The Feds the OP where describing are Dilithium Farmers... and the klinks quing up over and over to farm them are not any different there farmers as well.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.

Last edited by antoniosalieri; 09-18-2013 at 07:13 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 10
09-18-2013, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
@husanak....

Target away. lmao

You also missed my larger point.... Real PvP players DO NOT que up for Cap and holds and sit at the base and die... IF 3-4 feds that know what they are doing que up ifor a Cap and Hold the klinks loose almost every time frankly.

The Feds the OP where describing are Dilithium Farmers... and the klinks quing up over and over to farm them are not any different there farmers as well.
Just give ta'logout'jones a little more time and he'll get banned again.
-X-/Pandas - Pheo