Captain
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,060
# 21
09-19-2013, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Ok I have to ask then...

What OP toys do the feds have specifically ?

Not that I am claiming the klinks have the op toys... Klink faction is broken by neglect... just curious which fed toys you consider op.
These are the ones he identified :

1: Team fortress: Total bleedthrough prevention for your entire team and flat (overcap)reduction to TOTAL teams shield dmg taken.

2. Nebula t3 console grants stealth detection up to 20km (with no visual >> this is how it happened to you....)

3. Vesta Bubble 100% kin dmg immunity(with blowback). klink ships have no nearly equivalent special


Let's see :

1) Normal damage will not bleedthrough your shields for 12 seconds. Team Fortress protects your hull from taking any damage as long as your shields are up. Special attacks that have increased shield penetration will still penetrate shields.

CD = 3 minutes

Given it only applies to normal bleedthrough = 10% for all shield types except Resilient shields, it does nothing to protect against Transphasic, DOT damages, BO doff proc, Shield disable and etc. For a 12 seconds of immunity, Scattering Field is likely more useful than this. Can't even recall seeing any Feds using this at all in PvP, which likely means people don't think this is a valuable console to have.

2) Tachyon Detection Field,

See the test results here : http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...n+Battlecloaks

Claims that it can see stealth ships 20KM away on its own is just bogus. In fact, stealth detection build has been determined to be too costly and unreliable

3) Vesta 3 pieces set bonus - Bubble

No one uses the Vesta 3 pieces bubble in any serious PvP that I can see with good reason. The bubble requires the installation of 3 consoles on the Vesta and only on Vesta - a very hefty investment of precious console space. Each of the console has an ability that last no more than 10-15 seconds but each having a CD of 3 minutes. Some of the abilities are not very useful in PvP, e.g. Quantum Focus Phaser. The Quantum bubble is really not that much better than the Romulan Molecular Phase Inverter, which Klingons have access to via Romulan Warbirds - and much less cumbersome to carry than having to adopt 3 consoles.

In all 3 cases, very few if any Feds actually use them at all in PvP. That alone should speak volume about the utility of these tools. In fact, I will go on the record to say if the Klingons want it, they can have it, I have no objection. However, if the Fed were to ask even just one item, say Aceton Assimilator, the crying could be heard all the way from Earth to Mars.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,929
# 22
09-19-2013, 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgrands420 View Post
havin trouble clickign the link?

team fortress and grav shield are obvious. follow the rabit hole u may find an answer
Nope just having trouble figuring out if you where serious... I was hoping to see something that was fed only.

1) The team fortress thing ? I think you talking about shield resists... last I checked Fed and Klink have the same shield toys... am I missing something that is fed only ?

2) The nebula anti cloak ? seriously ... have you ever flown a nebula lol... the fact that it might perhaps if the space wind blows right revel someone isn't worth trying to run one of those things. Seriously klinks cloak feds find them where is the issue ? Don't wait for 2min at at time before you attack.

3) Yes your right Vesta is fantastic and all... Klink ships are out classed in general when it comes to sci ships. Seriously though still stuff like the Barrior console that are only klink.

I'm not defending or attacking anyone here... True Fed Ships and True klink ships are mostly outclassed these days by both Rom and Lockbox ships... the vesta is perhaps the only half decent Pure Faction ship left. Even the vesta lets be honest most players are still in the wells instead.

Neither side has a ton that is really any better then the other... Most fed teams you fight will be 95% Lockbox and Rom... and these days most klink teams are about 80% the same way.

For the OP seeing klnks spawn camp... ya its true 95% of the FvKs are lost for the feds before they start... for 1) simple reason.... the majority of Feds that Que up for FvK are there to farm Dilithium... the FvK matches have a rep for ending faster so they que for them.

When I said most klinks these days that que aren't true pvpers I stand by it... I mean lets face it... 95% of the time there fighting kids that are AFK or Semi AFK just finishing there daily. I mean hell do klinks not wonder why when one pop 2 more pop pretty quickly then its dead again ? I did long ago and its the main reason I don't bother playing my klinks much unless I'm doing some TD... whats the point... I can't remember the last time I had a good match as a Klink in the ques... sure lots of 15 0 wins... but not good matches.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 135
# 23
09-19-2013, 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Nope just having trouble figuring out if you where serious... I was hoping to see something that was fed only.

1) The team fortress thing ? I think you talking about shield resists... last I checked Fed and Klink have the same shield toys... am I missing something that is fed only ?

2) The nebula anti cloak ? seriously ... have you ever flown a nebula lol... the fact that it might perhaps if the space wind blows right revel someone isn't worth trying to run one of those things. Seriously klinks cloak feds find them where is the issue ? Don't wait for 2min at at time before you attack.

3) Yes your right Vesta is fantastic and all... Klink ships are out classed in general when it comes to sci ships. Seriously though still stuff like the Barrior console that are only klink.

I'm not defending or attacking anyone here... True Fed Ships and True klink ships are mostly outclassed these days by both Rom and Lockbox ships... the vesta is perhaps the only half decent Pure Faction ship left. Even the vesta lets be honest most players are still in the wells instead.

Neither side has a ton that is really any better then the other... Most fed teams you fight will be 95% Lockbox and Rom... and these days most klink teams are about 80% the same way.

For the OP seeing klnks spawn camp... ya its true 95% of the FvKs are lost for the feds before they start... for 1) simple reason.... the majority of Feds that Que up for FvK are there to farm Dilithium... the FvK matches have a rep for ending faster so they que for them.

When I said most klinks these days that que aren't true pvpers I stand by it... I mean lets face it... 95% of the time there fighting kids that are AFK or Semi AFK just finishing there daily. I mean hell do klinks not wonder why when one pop 2 more pop pretty quickly then its dead again ? I did long ago and its the main reason I don't bother playing my klinks much unless I'm doing some TD... whats the point... I can't remember the last time I had a good match as a Klink in the ques... sure lots of 15 0 wins... but not good matches.
and with that i really am going to just ditch my account. i pray they ip ban me so i can be free of coming here ever again
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,929
# 24
09-19-2013, 02:13 AM
OK I did miss something... or forget about it is more like.

The Steam runner console ?

Come on how many people really have that... and all it does is counter bs things like sheild pen proc doffs. I don't see an issue.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,929
# 25
09-19-2013, 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgrands420 View Post
and with that i really am going to just ditch my account. i pray they ip ban me so i can be free of coming here ever again
Why you just listed a couple fed things that almost no one uses... because they are honestly fairly weak. Or are only there for people that bought the game on steam. The vesta 3 pack ya its strong... Sort of really though its a 3 peice console thing... its no worse then the junk people get with 2 piece rom gears.

The only thing I am seeing is the 3 things you listed counter your only play style.

I have nothing against your play style... its just easy to counter if you prepare for it. No point in being upset about the stuff in game that allows people to prepare and defend against your one uber attack.

I am not defending any feds that wine about getting popped by your uber attack either... its a legit playstyle and has a place in the game... the counters you mention however are rare and honestly pretty easy to ignore... the nebula thing really does blow trust me I have one... you don't see anyone that is any further out then 5k... and or has 70+ power in aux.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,929
# 26
09-19-2013, 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskandus View Post
In all 3 cases, very few if any Feds actually use them at all in PvP. That alone should speak volume about the utility of these tools. In fact, I will go on the record to say if the Klingons want it, they can have it, I have no objection. However, if the Fed were to ask even just one item, say Aceton Assimilator, the crying could be heard all the way from Earth to Mars.
I really hope the AceAss doesn't make its way to the fed side for some time... I have no doubt it will happen.

I mean none of us wanted the stupid leech to make it over but it did... now we all have to run a leech to offset all the darn leech. Where all down one console slot yay... The PvE kids are eating it up though the borg aren't happy.

There is so much other stuff now to throw in boxes... I sort of hope the next box doesn't have any cross faction at all.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 734
# 27
09-19-2013, 07:29 AM
I fly the ambassador class.

nomnomnom nipples
<a href=http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5 target=_blank>http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5</a>
Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
Commander
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 374
# 28
09-19-2013, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Indeed hit the Tyler Channel... Feds Klink Or Rom everyone is welcome... matches will be close... and if you get into a TD game that for some reason isn't close... stick around for the rematch and the teams will get spun and it will be Epic.

As far as Que matches go KvK matches are some of the best I have played in... its a damn shame that most people that play Klinks in the ques are not true PvPers.

Leave the Ques to the farmers... those feds that are sitting at the base... AND those kilnks over there camping them are all farming... let them do there thing... one side sits one sides shoots the AFKs to earn there D.
TD CnH. I've yet to see that. :-(

If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting. ~thlaylierah
So realistically, you only need to have the exact number of doffs that you need. ~leadme2kirk
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,929
# 29
09-19-2013, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegashinzon View Post
TD CnH. I've yet to see that. :-(
Hmmm that could be an interesting experiment though.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 434
# 30
09-19-2013, 08:59 AM
Given how long queue times can take to pop it's no wonder that a roleplaying race of blood thirsty warriors charge in mercilessly. But the queue didn't populate the teams evenly. Players on the other side didn't accept the pop, are only there for the free rewards, or quit when things don't go their way. It is a small group and you do tend to see the same fleet tags together more often than not against the most random bunch of pugs Starfleet can provide. Any combination of these issues make the match one sided and boring.

I don't fly KDF much anymore because I don't enjoy waiting 20-30 minutes just to face a team that is short a player from the start and that steadily loses players. When I fly Fed I can usually expect an FvK pop within a few minutes. The downside here is, I get to face all that pent up rp aggression at a pretty severe disadvantage.

If peopled rolled as a Fed-Rom (a new race with infinitely more going for it than the others) they'd have all the PvP they could hope for with the added bonus of hunting down all the chicken **** FvF premades that you never, ever see in an FvK match. It's such an obvious solution with so much resistance from "true" KDmFers that it seems some actually like the one sided pug stomps and long wait times.

But none of that is actually the KDF's fault. If I didn't know better, I'd have thought the KDF was over powered too.
__________________________________________
Foundry: Yet Another Borg Mission
It's terrible but easy, and these Borg are way cooler than the mess STO and Voyager left us.
May not actually be "way" cooler or even "slightly" cooler.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:07 PM.