Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 11
09-19-2013, 07:19 AM
I can roll at most 1 Fed-Rom because all the cool toys are in lockboxes.

But I can just as easily roll 6 KDF-roms and combine their insane account-wide ship advantage with the KDF's access to excellent doff missions, Elite fleet weapons, and account-wide haxx consoles.

The KDF don't need those special powers. They only need to reroll Romulan.

Brilliant game design, Cryptic. Or should I say, PWE, because this pattern has been seen in Jade Dynasty, Perfect World, Forsaken World, Clash of the Immortals...

I knew that one day, I would have to face the same PWE crap I was trying to escape from all these years...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Career Officer
# 12
09-19-2013, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgrands420 View Post
I will not let this die. Equality among factions. or lawsuit.
Really? Lawsuit? Good luck with that....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Captain
# 13
09-19-2013, 08:55 AM
Well, gee, the Klingons have cloaks, and the Feds have what, one ship that can cloak? Talk about "OP stuff" Why don't you give that up, and THEN we'll talk about sharing or ditching "OP abilities"
Otherwise, all I see is a boatload of whining & moaning. In my opinion, each faction SHOULD have stuff that the other faction cannot EVER get. Embrace the uniqueness, and instead of crying that those abilities or items need to be "shared or eliminated", how about, "Let's ask for more and varied ways to make each faction unique and fun to play"?

butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
Temperance Brennan, "A building"
Empire Veteran
# 14
09-19-2013, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlnyghthawk View Post
Well, gee, the Klingons have cloaks, and the Feds have what, one ship that can cloak? Talk about "OP stuff" Why don't you give that up, and THEN we'll talk about sharing or ditching "OP abilities"
Otherwise, all I see is a boatload of whining & moaning. In my opinion, each faction SHOULD have stuff that the other faction cannot EVER get. Embrace the uniqueness, and instead of crying that those abilities or items need to be "shared or eliminated", how about, "Let's ask for more and varied ways to make each faction unique and fun to play"?
So...'OP' Klingon cloaks are bad, but Romulan BCs are perfectly ok?

Captain
# 15
09-19-2013, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timezarg View Post
The issue with that now is that the Feddies can get battlecloak and frigate pets by rolling a Fed-Rom, without ever having to do anything KDF-wise. Aceton Assimilators will probably be peddled away to the Federation faction in a lockbox at some point.

The reason why people generally say 'roll a KDF' is because the KDF has precious few exclusives left, and we're tired of seeing them peddled off to the Feddies. We'd rather people rolled a KDF toon to use these cool toys rather than just demanding greedily that they be given it.
Honestly I don't seriously care one way or the other (done every career for every faction so have it all anyways). Staying loyal to a single faction is a choice players make for good or for ill. I just find it funny that when Fed-only players throw a screaming fit, 'broaden your horizons' is a popular response to such self-important people. Same logic applies here, whether the OP's HUD is blue, red, or green.
Empire Veteran
# 16
09-19-2013, 10:31 AM
Ever think it might be something to do with the Feds have more ships and therefore more special abilities for said ships than the KDF?

Also I don't see these as ''critical'' I have managed just fine without them all this time and many a Fed has gone down to my disruptors without these trinkets.
toDuj 'oS rol.
Survivor of Romulus
# 17
09-20-2013, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
We have two (still too little, I know) you forgot the Varanus.
I totally forgot that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlnyghthawk View Post
Feds had far more ship Variety than Klingons ever had, we got Cloaks but 1 Raptor with 3 Tac BOFFs compared to more balanced Fed ships like the Patrol and Advanced. I'm not even talking now I'm talking day 1 of this game.

Embrace the uniqueness? Carrier play was once unique to Klingons, Feds have more T5 Carriers than we do.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Career Officer
# 18
09-22-2013, 07:47 PM
2. Nebula t3 console grants stealth detection up to 20km (with no visual >> this is how it happened to you....)

this is the only thing that bothers me at the moment you can be spotted (while cloaked) well over 20km away when a rommy fed has the console fitted to there ship, the console should be made to only work on the nebula class ships and not all ships
Captain
# 19
09-22-2013, 08:31 PM
@ OP: Welcome to war. Where occasionally, one side is jelly at the other side's cool toys.

Helpful Tools: Dictionary.com - Logical fallacies - Random generator - Word generator - Color tool - Extra Credits - List of common English language errors - Big booty tutorial - Also, follow me on Twitter!
Captain
# 20
09-22-2013, 08:56 PM
cryptic need to hire someone with a history in balancing RTS games to get the abilities schema sorted out & balanced.
as it turns out, an intrepid would lose a fight with a connie.
and thats canon.
! the power of plot compels you.