Lt. Commander
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 135
# 1 Torp Spread
09-19-2013, 01:15 AM
once upon a time torp spread was changed from a single burst to multiple tics, when that happened, it was granted 100% accuracy. Could a dev please answer here, is this intended? In a game with a hit/ miss chance on everything in the game that does damage (even console one time/3 minutes powers) why does torp spread have 100% accuracy.


WHY IS TORPEDO SPREAD THE ONLY DMG POWER IN GAME GUARANTEED TO HIT?
Captain
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,310
# 2
09-19-2013, 01:22 AM
... all the things broken relating to pvp... and this is the big demand of the day?
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,138
# 3
09-19-2013, 01:24 AM
I don't know but I can imagine a reason why:

If you target a specific target with a torpedo there is a chance that target can do something to jam it's guidance system or otherwise make it miss. When you launch a spread each individual torpedo has the choice to go to any target it likes, probably the closest in range, if it is jammed it can change course to a target that is not jamming it, don't forget these torpedoes will contain very sophisticated AI and guidance/propulsion systems. In this circumstance it is perhaps reasonable to assume that none of the torpedoes would miss.

From a game point of view though I would imagine as it's a pretty weak skill against players it's just been overlooked or ignored.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 844
# 4
09-19-2013, 01:26 AM
Lol torp spread is weak even in TS3 form why do you worry so much about this

There are an unbelievable amount of REAL problems with pvp/sto that need addressing before a handy skill that is only capable of causing damage to pets
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Lt. Commander
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 135
# 5
09-19-2013, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafatennick View Post
Lol torp spread is weak even in TS3 form why do you worry so much about this

There are an unbelievable amount of REAL problems with pvp/sto that need addressing before a handy skill that is only capable of causing damage to pets
just becus it doesnt affect u doesnt mean its right. stop derailing the issue, SHOULD IT OR SHOULDNT IT MISS. ITS A VERY KEY ASPECT TO A CERTAIN BUILD THAT IS BULLLLLL. if you dont know about it, move along.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 135
# 6
09-19-2013, 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
I don't know but I can imagine a reason why:

If you target a specific target with a torpedo there is a chance that target can do something to jam it's guidance system or otherwise make it miss. When you launch a spread each individual torpedo has the choice to go to any target it likes, probably the closest in range, if it is jammed it can change course to a target that is not jamming it, don't forget these torpedoes will contain very sophisticated AI and guidance/propulsion systems. In this circumstance it is perhaps reasonable to assume that none of the torpedoes would miss.

From a game point of view though I would imagine as it's a pretty weak skill against players it's just been overlooked or ignored.
but high yield does miss. and tis not a weak skill. and i dont know why i bother really tbh
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 12,458
# 7
09-19-2013, 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgrands420 View Post
just becus it doesnt affect u doesnt mean its right. stop derailing the issue, SHOULD IT OR SHOULDNT IT MISS. ITS A VERY KEY ASPECT TO A CERTAIN BUILD THAT IS BULLLLLL. if you dont know about it, move along.
I think the Tachyon Detection Field working while cloaked is a bigger issue for that particular build. Don't forget, the stacked TS will be going away at some point.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,310
# 8
09-19-2013, 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgrands420 View Post
just becus it doesnt affect u doesnt mean its right. stop derailing the issue, SHOULD IT OR SHOULDNT IT MISS. ITS A VERY KEY ASPECT TO A CERTAIN BUILD THAT IS BULLLLLL. if you dont know about it, move along.
And what would be this sooper seekrit happy build of DOOM hm?

"Brel transphasic noob" boat?

"One torpedo doesnt cut it, lets fire over 9000 and see if that works" boat?
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Lt. Commander
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 135
# 9
09-19-2013, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylanadionysis View Post
And what would be this sooper seekrit happy build of DOOM hm?

"Brel transphasic noob" boat?

"One torpedo doesnt cut it, lets fire over 9000 and see if that works" boat?
i smell a pver.
Captain
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,310
# 10
09-19-2013, 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgrands420 View Post
i smell a pver.
kk

/tenletters
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:52 AM.