Lt. Commander
# 1 Torp Spread
09-19-2013, 01:15 AM
once upon a time torp spread was changed from a single burst to multiple tics, when that happened, it was granted 100% accuracy. Could a dev please answer here, is this intended? In a game with a hit/ miss chance on everything in the game that does damage (even console one time/3 minutes powers) why does torp spread have 100% accuracy.

WHY IS TORPEDO SPREAD THE ONLY DMG POWER IN GAME GUARANTEED TO HIT?
Captain
# 2
09-19-2013, 01:22 AM
... all the things broken relating to pvp... and this is the big demand of the day?
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Career Officer
# 3
09-19-2013, 01:24 AM
I don't know but I can imagine a reason why:

If you target a specific target with a torpedo there is a chance that target can do something to jam it's guidance system or otherwise make it miss. When you launch a spread each individual torpedo has the choice to go to any target it likes, probably the closest in range, if it is jammed it can change course to a target that is not jamming it, don't forget these torpedoes will contain very sophisticated AI and guidance/propulsion systems. In this circumstance it is perhaps reasonable to assume that none of the torpedoes would miss.

From a game point of view though I would imagine as it's a pretty weak skill against players it's just been overlooked or ignored.
Captain
# 4
09-19-2013, 01:26 AM
Lol torp spread is weak even in TS3 form why do you worry so much about this

There are an unbelievable amount of REAL problems with pvp/sto that need addressing before a handy skill that is only capable of causing damage to pets
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-19-2013, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafatennick View Post
Lol torp spread is weak even in TS3 form why do you worry so much about this

There are an unbelievable amount of REAL problems with pvp/sto that need addressing before a handy skill that is only capable of causing damage to pets
just becus it doesnt affect u doesnt mean its right. stop derailing the issue, SHOULD IT OR SHOULDNT IT MISS. ITS A VERY KEY ASPECT TO A CERTAIN BUILD THAT IS BULLLLLL. if you dont know about it, move along.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-19-2013, 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
I don't know but I can imagine a reason why:

If you target a specific target with a torpedo there is a chance that target can do something to jam it's guidance system or otherwise make it miss. When you launch a spread each individual torpedo has the choice to go to any target it likes, probably the closest in range, if it is jammed it can change course to a target that is not jamming it, don't forget these torpedoes will contain very sophisticated AI and guidance/propulsion systems. In this circumstance it is perhaps reasonable to assume that none of the torpedoes would miss.

From a game point of view though I would imagine as it's a pretty weak skill against players it's just been overlooked or ignored.
but high yield does miss. and tis not a weak skill. and i dont know why i bother really tbh
Captain
# 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgrands420 View Post
just becus it doesnt affect u doesnt mean its right. stop derailing the issue, SHOULD IT OR SHOULDNT IT MISS. ITS A VERY KEY ASPECT TO A CERTAIN BUILD THAT IS BULLLLLL. if you dont know about it, move along.
I think the Tachyon Detection Field working while cloaked is a bigger issue for that particular build. Don't forget, the stacked TS will be going away at some point.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
# 8
Quote:
And what would be this sooper seekrit happy build of DOOM hm?

"Brel transphasic noob" boat?

"One torpedo doesnt cut it, lets fire over 9000 and see if that works" boat?
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-19-2013, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylanadionysis View Post
And what would be this sooper seekrit happy build of DOOM hm?

"Brel transphasic noob" boat?

"One torpedo doesnt cut it, lets fire over 9000 and see if that works" boat?
i smell a pver.
Captain
# 10
09-19-2013, 01:33 AM
Quote:
i smell a pver.
kk

/tenletters