Captain
# 11
09-19-2013, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Sure, many folks complained about the ship - but I saw more complain about the lack of a Fleet version. In this day and age of Lockbox/Fleet ships...a 2k Zen RA Retrofit without a Fleet version is just not going to sell well.

Even with the hangar - it's still not going to be up there with the FHEC/JHEC.

Course, now if they add a Fleet version - well, let's just say they'll be consistent with their Rom stuff being OP nonsense, eh?
the fleet ship thing just keeps coming to bite them in the ass eh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Empire Veteran
# 12
09-19-2013, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
the fleet ship thing just keeps coming to bite them in the ass eh?
is it just me or do they regret fleet ships? i guess they dont like people spending zen on fleet mods or something. nothing could have a better return on time and effort then taking a low tier standard ships and making an end game fleet ships out of them.

i just dont understand, the kdf are starving for new ship blood, and theres so many kdf ship models unused at end game, waiting for fleet versions. i know id buy nearly all of them with the likly stats they would have
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 13
09-19-2013, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
is it just me or do they regret fleet ships? i guess they dont like people spending zen on fleet mods or something. nothing could have a better return on time and effort then taking a low tier standard ships and making an end game fleet ships out of them.

i just dont understand, the kdf are starving for new ship blood, and theres so many kdf ship models unused at end game, waiting for fleet versions. i know id buy nearly all of them with the likly stats they would have
It seems like it was a million years ago when they mentioned the Fleet Assault Negh'Var...c'mon, do the Fleet skin - slap the BOFF layout in there and go with it...where's the Fleet Kar'fi, Fleet Guramba? Even a Fleet Draguas/Fleet Marauder would give options to the Fleet Varanus and Fleet Corsair.

Willard the Rat, Klingon Science Officer

Swordsman has a bounce to it...
Empire Veteran
# 14
09-19-2013, 03:29 PM
Quote:

Been thinking about that recently. I think it's one of two reasons:

1. Fleet ships are harder to implement than we can understand whatever reason. Not to mention there's stuff like making a new skin for it, deciding any other 'balance' factors (like the 10th console slot, if they want to change the BOFF slots, etc)

Or

2. They don't make as much money to make it as worthwhile for them to add in fleet ships for the work involved (however much or little that entails). By money I mean people actually buying Fleet Ship Modules with zen.

Maybe both.

Captain
# 15
09-19-2013, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
By money I mean people actually buying Fleet Ship Modules with zen.
You buy them with Zen, they make money.
You farm Dil to convert to Zen to buy them, they make money off the Zen that had to be bought.
You farm EC to buy them off the Exchange, they make money off the Zen that had to be bought to get the Module into the game in the first place.

Empire Veteran
# 16
09-19-2013, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
You buy them with Zen, they make money.
You farm Dil to convert to Zen to buy them, they make money off the Zen that had to be bought.
You farm EC to buy them off the Exchange, they make money off the Zen that had to be bought to get the Module into the game in the first place.
Even so, if they aren't making enough off of FSM's in general, they might be less inclined to make fleet ships. Doesn't really matter how those FSM's come into the game, if there aren't enough being bought, they probably won't be as interested in making fleet ships. Plus their 'metrics' they love so much might also show how many people are actually buying fleet ships vs only C-store or lockbox ships.

Captain
# 17
09-19-2013, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Even so, if they aren't making enough off of FSM's in general, they might be less inclined to make fleet ships. Doesn't really matter how those FSM's come into the game, if there aren't enough being bought, they probably won't be as interested in making fleet ships. Plus their 'metrics' they love so much might also show how many people are actually buying fleet ships vs only C-store or lockbox ships.
Wouldn't surprise me. The big spenders and hardcore grinders would already have had the the retrofits of whatever ships they wanted, and so would get the fleet ship discount; and the people who didn't want to go to the expense or trouble to get the retrofits are no more likely to do so for the fleet versions. So it may well be that they don't make as much off FSMs as they were hoping.
Exploration suggestions thread - give it a read

BTW, you'd pronounce it 'Cap'n Manks'

I protest the removal of exploration clusters
Captain
# 18
09-19-2013, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Probably along the lines of Keys > VA > Fleet, eh?

I think about the 3k Zen somebody had to buy for me to get the T'varo/T'varo/T'varo for the Fleet T'varo with the 2pc T'varo set. 3k Zen is nothing in Keys...

Empire Veteran
# 19
09-19-2013, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Been thinking about that recently. I think it's one of two reasons:

1. Fleet ships are harder to implement than we can understand whatever reason. Not to mention there's stuff like making a new skin for it, deciding any other 'balance' factors (like the 10th console slot, if they want to change the BOFF slots, etc)

Or

2. They don't make as much money to make it as worthwhile for them to add in fleet ships for the work involved (however much or little that entails). By money I mean people actually buying Fleet Ship Modules with zen.

Maybe both.
the ship models for fleet ships already exist, they print money if they can be reused at end game. no new art assets needed, no time spent by artists aside from enabling the fleet skin on them. as for stats, its an entry in an excel spread sheet. from there some copy pasted codeing and boom, its available in the store. fleet ships are a perfect cash generator, theres even incentives to buy all the associated c store versions you can for skins and consoles and a FM discount.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 20
09-19-2013, 04:15 PM
Quote:

It makes no sense to me either, wouldn't fleet ships be the easiest to add? All they have to do is make new stats for a ship and unlock the fleet material for it, seems like just a few minutes longer when making the ship. I wonder how many KDF z-store ship sales they miss out on because people are waiting for the fleet version first like the Karfi and Guramba.
Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions