Captain
For a few days now, I have blowing up the generators then blowing up the nanite spheres...ya you heard me, wanna fight about it?

Anyways, I have not seen a single sphere pop epte once, while "their" transformer was still up.

What I'm thinking is that whoever did up the estfs didn't like people's strategy of nuking the transformer before the nanite spheres have a chance to get there and programmed the "ZOMG. TROLL SPEED POWERS ACTIVATE" and then run to mommy gate to get protection code just to spite us...

Who's with me on this?
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Republic Veteran
# 2
09-19-2013, 03:37 PM
I welcome the change they did 5 months ago...glad they just didn't give the spheres a million more HP, and Uber pew pew powers.

Plus players already adapted to this now, so it's not even a challenge at all anymore.

Captain
# 3
09-19-2013, 03:39 PM
It totally isn't a challenge, just an annoyance.

Still, I just gotta wonder if this is some sort of ha ha moment

Captain
# 4
09-19-2013, 03:49 PM
its a challenge when the sphere speeds off to the edge of the map and you have to play hide and seek.
[12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
[12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
Captain
# 5
09-19-2013, 04:24 PM
Yep, we do that too, blow the cube, then blow the generators quick (usually timed to come down all at once) then concentrate on the transformer... the nanite spheres do not come till the first generator is blown for that transforer.... and a good high DPS team can take out the transformer before the nanites get there... then it is just opping up the nanites on one side before starting it over on the other.... only issue I have is when someone takes out a generator before the cube is taken out, then having to waste time trying to keep the nanites away from the transformer.
LtGen. Mara Navar, IKS Rozhenko, Mogh Battle-Cruiser (Orion, KDF Tactical Officer)
VADM T'Prel Movar, RRW Imperator Scimitar Warbird (Fed-Romulan Tactical Officer) - Commissar - Fleet Executive Officer Armageddon Steel Legion
VADM Genestra, USS Audacious, Venture-X Dreadnaught (Betazoid, Fed Engineering Officer)
VADM Lenara Jomm, USS Heraclitus, Vesta Class (Joined Trill, Fed Science Officer)

Last edited by tekehd; 09-19-2013 at 04:28 PM.
Captain
# 6
09-19-2013, 04:34 PM
Tone it down man, it's just a game...yikes
Captain
# 7
09-19-2013, 04:36 PM
Copy and pasted from a different thread?

Either way I'm confused...

Rihannsu
# 8
09-19-2013, 07:14 PM
IIRC Gozer was the evil mastermind who created the original ISE. But the changes you're talking about were tweaks someone else made to his diabolical creation.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
09-20-2013, 11:57 AM
They really need to put some nice chrome exhausts on those spheres with some flames painted on the sides.

If they're going to be silly with the powers (not "challenge" just silly) they might as well do it right.

Yay for Hot Rod Spheres!
=/\= ================================= =/\=
Captain Ariel Trueheart Department of Temporal Investigations
U.S.S. Valkyrie - NCC 991701
=/\= ================================= =/\=
Captain
# 10
09-20-2013, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekehd View Post
.... and a good high DPS team can take out the transformer before the nanites get there...
A good high-DPS team with a bit of control can destroy the nanites in space before they arrive, preventing them from doing their wild rabbit runs at all since they will be dead before the Transformer goes down. This is actually a new strategy I've seen used: Instead of finishing by destroying the transformer in a hurry, forget the transformer and just nuke the spheres, preventing them from ever using their EPTEs.