Survivor of Romulus
http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=yup_4234

this is my torp boat, It does massive damage and I have great survivability. Thing is I'm not sure i'm getting quite the bang for my buck I should be when it comes to the Bio-Neural. It definitely does damage But since It isn't effected by doffs (i have 3 purple) I'm not firing it as fast as I could be. standard tri-cobalts are and would also benefit from THY. at the moment the romulan and omega torps are all that use THY.

So the question is should I switch the bio-neural for a tri-cobalt?

Last edited by wardcalis; 09-17-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Captain
# 2
09-17-2013, 09:02 AM
It's the wierdest setup I've ever seen but to answer your question in theory the tricobalt should do more damage in the long run

However when I've used the bio before I've seen it crit anything upward of 80k and the point defence can take a cubes facing shield down faster than most science ships but it is just a gimmick and that's all it ever will be
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
09-17-2013, 10:01 AM
I just had a thought of switching it out for a hargh'peng. Those don't use THY but they do benefit from torp doffs right? not in game to look at the moment
Captain
# 4
09-17-2013, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardcalis View Post
I just had a thought of switching it out for a hargh'peng. Those don't use THY but they do benefit from torp doffs right? not in game to look at the moment
I'm not ingame either but if I remember rightly they have a global cool down of 10 seconds regardless of doffs
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Career Officer
# 5
09-17-2013, 11:22 AM
An advantage that the Bio has over trico is a point defense system that strips shields before impact (or even kill ships before reaching them), trico however are effected by spread and HYT.
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Captain
# 6
09-17-2013, 12:05 PM
http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=dahmscimi_0

If you want damage. Use this build

Do you know how to set auto fire priorities?

Plasmonic leech may be added, but ya, that other build was juat...not rifht
Chive on and prosper

Anarchy Nexus recruitment thread
Captain
# 7
09-17-2013, 12:14 PM
Tricobalt was a viable alternative to Bioneural when they both did the same damage, but after the tric damage was reduced by half (along with the cooldown) it was no longer on par with bioneural for one-shot damage.

There are other console options besides the orange destabilized ball, or I think so but I havent really done a full inventory

Last edited by ursusmorologus; 09-17-2013 at 12:17 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
09-17-2013, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahminus View Post
http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=dahmscimi_0

If you want damage. Use this build

Do you know how to set auto fire priorities?

Plasmonic leech may be added, but ya, that other build was juat...not rifht
that build would reduce my damage by at least 25% I run a pure torp boat except for the cutting beam. I have no wep power or skills to boost energy weps. I'm doing 22-25K damage sustained with that build and groups of ships such as azure nebula and khitomer probes die very quickly. In azure nebula I can clear a tarantula and the rest of it's pack in under 5 seconds. I can take out a cube on khitomer in elite in less. the drones drop enemy shield very quickly with their BO and FAW, gravity well ensures that torps aoe damage hurt everything and when ships blow up they hurt each other more. It seems like a very odd build and it is. but it has insane damage. At the same time, I almost never die, ever. Unless i am stupid and stop paying attention to stuff around me
Captain
# 9
09-17-2013, 12:25 PM
Sorry you feel that way, the build I posted is far superior. If you insist on gravity well, you should go with aux2bat...you'd do better that way.

You see consistent 20k hits...my build does 20k dps sustained.

Either way. Fly what you enjoy. Was only trying to help
Chive on and prosper

Anarchy Nexus recruitment thread
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
09-17-2013, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahminus View Post
Sorry you feel that way, the build I posted is far superior. If you insist on gravity well, you should go with aux2bat...you'd do better that way.

You see consistent 20k hits...my build does 20k dps sustained.

Either way. Fly what you enjoy. Was only trying to help
If it's only doing 20k you might want to try mine, I never drop that low except for azure because everything dies so quick.

Don't really need aux to bat my shields AND aux stay at 125, engines round 65, for energy weapon energies like 45 but I don't even use that. I'll update the build to show my skills and stuff

EDIT: http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=yup_4234 redid it, everything is there

Last edited by wardcalis; 09-17-2013 at 12:38 PM.