Captain
# 11
09-20-2013, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
Either that, or actually give us lump XP rewards for "end game" content that are actually worth it considering their cooldown periods: STFs, CE/CCE, PvP, etc.
Another alternative: they could activate the Borg Red Alert zone-wide xp boost for all group activities.

Don't know how well that would work for the PvP crowd though.
Career Officer
# 12
09-20-2013, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Another alternative: they could activate the Borg Red Alert zone-wide xp boost for all group activities.

Don't know how well that would work for the PvP crowd though.
Well the PvP crowd has to farm mirror all the same, so more options would still be better - even if it falls short of the ideal.

Captain
# 13
09-20-2013, 06:14 PM
The duty officer system gives about 27k-52k Expertise per day. I agree though, a more frequent mirror event would be nice.
Career Officer
# 14
09-20-2013, 06:24 PM
Drop Vault Shuttle event

Make Mirror Event two hours

Give STFs back their Expertise bonus (Gone since S5)

Give all end game raid content an expertise bonus

The current state is mental, you require roughly 1.5million expertise to just finish the 3 Reputations. Not counting Boff training, and rep gear requirements. On top of that Starbases also eat up expertise.

Eventually nobody will have expertise, I don't care if you've got 8million stored. New toons are all boned as the ways to earn have been dropped.
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Career Officer
# 15
09-20-2013, 06:35 PM
I like the idea of end game getting expertise bonuses. I had no problems with my oldest toons going through Rep, but any toon I started after F2P I'm constantly short on Expertise. I really am not a fan of time gated content and they even moved Vault Event to the Queue. One thing I'm worried about is if they decide to nerf the Expertise reward from Mirror Events in response, would defeat the point.
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Career Officer
# 16
09-20-2013, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trhrangerxml View Post
I like the idea of end game getting expertise bonuses. I had no problems with my oldest toons going through Rep, but any toon I started after F2P I'm constantly short on Expertise. I really am not a fan of time gated content and they even moved Vault Event to the Queue. One thing I'm worried about is if they decide to nerf the Expertise reward from Mirror Events in response, would defeat the point.
Losing more expertise sources when there is heavy end game demand. Would only encourage me to move onto something else. I stayed because its Star Trek, as did many of the current playerbase. I want the game I love to improve, but everyone has a limit.
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Captain
# 17
09-20-2013, 06:45 PM
I agree, it took me forever to level up my last alt. I am not replaying the episodes over and over again so my last alt mostly did private ground arena grinding matches and doffing in between the now rare mirror events.
Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
Ensign
# 18
09-20-2013, 07:52 PM
I cannot agree more with this sentiment. The mirror event is the best source of expertise and is essentially inaccessible for us with 9-5 jobs. (who actually pay for stuff)