Career Officer
# 1 Borg should adapt slower
09-20-2013, 06:36 AM
I'm a little disappointed by the performance of some weapons when used against the Borg. Even with the passive from tier three in the reputation system which causes the Borg to adapt slower, there are some weapons that have to be remodulated after a few shots.

I use the Jem Hadar polaron weapon, I even spent 50 lobi crystals to get the mk xii set. The Borg are one of the few enemies I've encountered so far that that receive much damage from this weapon. However, when I'm on Defera, I can't attack two or three of those priests (who have already been weakened after I've thrown a grenade) without them adapting to my weapon. The same goes for the Antiproton autocarbine from one of the borg sets.

Now, I understand the Borg have to adapt, simply because that is what Borg do. But I think it's simply stupid how fast they can adapt to some weapons, considering that these aren't standard weapons AND that I'm using a special passive to slow their adaption. If I use any other antiproton or polaron weapon, they don't adapt half as fast as they do to these weapons.

If a change could be made so that these expensive or special weapons could be more useful against the Borg (especially the one from the Omega reputation, but my opinion is that all weapons should be able to fire more than 7 or 8 shots, surely if they are special weapons and if a passive skill is active), it would be much appreciated.
Captain
# 2
09-20-2013, 06:55 AM
does not the jem weapon fire 3 pulse shots per activation hence the faster adaption compaired to single shot weapons ( it may fire more)
Captain
# 3
09-20-2013, 06:59 AM
What would be nice is if the three piece set bonus instant remodulator had a 5 second cooldown rather than a 10 second cooldown.
Captain
# 4
09-20-2013, 07:09 AM
Adapt slower than what? I rarely have to remodulate.
If you're spraying a minigun at them then you can expect a swift adaption, but even an hour against the weakest borg available (Defera) will teach you not to use those.

The problem is not with the borg adapting too swiftly, but with your choice of weapons.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
09-20-2013, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by questerius View Post
The problem is not with the borg adapting too swiftly, but with your choice of weapons.
^^ What he says; I personally love to use my elite phaser pulsewave (shotgun type weapon).

You might try the nanite disruptor pulsewave from the exchange (around 300k ec I think).
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message ^^
Commander
# 6
09-20-2013, 07:23 AM
It's not just rate of fire to avoid adaptation.

At any given time there's at least 3 or 4 things you can do to overcome adaptation.

And to piggyback on that, isn't it already cheesy enough, that the Borg don't adapt to anything in space?
Captain
# 7
09-20-2013, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havokreign View Post

At any given time there's at least 3 or 4 things you can do to overcome adaptation.

And to piggyback on that, isn't it already cheesy enough, that the Borg don't adapt to anything in space?

Technically they do adapt in space, in the form of a limited timed resistance to certain damage types in the form of immunities to dots and such for short periods of time.

If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of the Romulan Tal'Shiar fleet
Captain
# 8
09-20-2013, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havokreign View Post

3 or 4? Remodulate, switch weapons, melee and.. refresh my memory there.
Unless you're referring to this beauty with 2 energy types.
Commander
# 9
09-20-2013, 07:50 AM
Are you kidding me?

The STFs are so easy now I can barely stay awake while playing them. Make them any easier and they'll be like the story missions done for laughs.

Use two different energy weapon types, don't use automatic weapons, get the Omega Rep. passive that gives you extra time before adaptation, wear the Rep. gear that has 1-second remodulation.

With the passive alone I've gone through entire ground STFs without having to remodulate at all.

If you are having that much trouble may I suggest hooking up with a fleet and learning how to play the game properly.
Career Officer
# 10
09-20-2013, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsaris View Post
Are you kidding me?

Use two different energy weapon types, don't use automatic weapons, get the Omega Rep. passive that gives you extra time before adaptation, wear the Rep. gear that has 1-second remodulation.

With the passive alone I've gone through entire ground STFs without having to remodulate at all.

If you are having that much trouble may I suggest hooking up with a fleet and learning how to play the game properly.
I use two different energy weapons and I am using the passive as I wrote earlier. There's no need for me 'to hook up with a fleet and learn how to play the game properly' as I already know these things, I even said here, in the first post of this page, that I'm using those things.

What I'm saying is that the Borg adapt too quick to certain weapons. Yes, I know there are weapon types that they adapt slower to. But if I buy a weapon with lobi crystals, or a special weapon from the reputation system, is it really too much to expect that those weapons are effective and require less remodulation than weapons that are bought for a few thousand EC from the exchange?