Cryptic Studios Team
We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.35.20130908a.9

Systems:
  • Resolved an issue with Medical Tricorder III on Science Kits which was healing for less than intended.
  • Increased the Sonic Pulse III's damage moderately.
  • Slightly decreased the effectiveness of Shield Generator Fabrication III's shield healing.
  • Duty Officers:
    • Fast Reload Projectile Officers no longer reduce the recharge time of the mega torpedo.
  • Trait - Photonic Capacitor
    • This trait can now be triggered by the following additional Science abilities:
      • Scattering Field
      • Science Fleet
      • Tachyon Beam
      • Tractor Beam
      • Tractor Beam Repulsors
    • Any ability that has a Toggle duration (shown as a short duration countdown on your hotkey bar) will not activate Photonic Capacitor until this duration has completed.
  • Trait - Subterfuge
    • The Stealth bonus granted no longer stacks.
    • Only the highest bonus will apply.
    • The Defense bonus still stacks.
  • Trait - Inspirational Leader
    • No longer has a chance to activate on each period of maintained powers like Eject Warp Plasma.
    • Resolved an issue where Inspirational Leader would proc more frequently than intended.
  • Graviton Pulse Generator
    • Innate Resistances to Slow (like those provided by the skill Inertial Dampers) now reduce the Duration of this debuff, instead of the Magnitude.
    • The benefit this ability gains from the Graviton Generators skill has been reduced by half.
  • Tyken's Rift
    • All ranks of Tyken's Rift now apply the proper bonuses of the user's AuxPower, Flow Capacitors and Particle Generators.
  • Resolved some issues with the Romulan Xenobiologist kits.
    • The Mk X kit version no longer has the same powers as the very rare version Mk X.
    • The Mk X kit now correctly has Stasis Field R4 instead of R3.
  • The Tricobalt Torpedo weapons now have the correct power icon when Torpedo High Yield or Torpedo Spread is active.
  • Resolved some issues with some Tactical Bridge Officer powers.
    • All weapon modifying Tactical Bridge Officer powers are now unable to activate while the category of buff they give is already active.
      • For example, while Beam Overload 1 buff is active, Beam Overload 2 cannot be fired.
    • All weapon modifying Tactical Bridge Officers powers are now unable to activate for 5 seconds after using the ability.
      • For example, for 5 seconds after firing Beam Overload, Beam Overload 1, 2, and 3 cannot be activated.
    • These changes affect all of the following categories of powers at all ranks:
      • Beam Overload
      • Beam Fire At Will
      • Beam Subsystem Targeting
      • Mine Dispersal Pattern Alpha
      • Mine Dispersal Pattern Beta
      • Cannon Rapid Fire
      • Cannon Scatter Volley
      • High Yield Torpedo
      • Torpedo Spread
  • Gravity Well
    • Ranks 2 and 3 now properly benefit from the captain's AuxPower and Graviton Generators skill.
    • The base damage of the power has been increased at all ranks.
    • The Repel values of all ranks can now be improved slightly with Graviton Generators skill.
    • The Radius bonus gained by Graviton Generators has been increased.
    • The amount of bonus damage that Aux Power and Partical Generators give to this power have been decreased.
  • Orion Slave Hangar Pets
    • Their odds to pillage Energy Credits and Commodities have doubled.
    • Each successful pillage will result in a higher average energy credit rate.
  • Warp Core Breach
    • Reduced the flee distance from 5km to 3km.
  • Emergency Power to Engines now only last 5 seconds for enemy craft.
    • The 30 second duration for players remains unchanged.
  • Matter/Antimatter Warp Core mod "Auxiliary to Shields" now displays the correct mod abbreviation in its item display names.
    • Cores with this power will now properly display as "A->S" instead of "E->S".
  • Warhead Yield Chamber consoles no longer displays their damage tooltip twice.
  • Resolved an issue where sometimes carrier?s small craft would not fight against enemies while in Intercept mode.

UI:
  • The team status UI now hides non-current player pets if there are more than 5 players and pets on a team.
  • Re-enabled game chat channel filters for Emotes and Minigame.

Foundry:
  • 'Squirrels' are now referred to by their correct name 'Epohhs' in the Foundry.

Character:
  • Improvements have been made for female legs to match better with skirts.
  • Improvements have been made to female skin textures.
  • Improvements have been made to female and male hand textures.

Known Issues:
  • Some ground maps may be missing some textures such as trees.
  • The Foundry will unavailable temporarily.
  • Pirate Trait is not being applied correctly to Captains.
  • Romulan Captains cannot rearrange their HUD in system space.
  • Fleet members do not display in the fleet roster.
  • Ships are translucent in the character select screen.

Last edited by coldsnapped; 09-20-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
09-20-2013, 02:25 PM
WOW ....
That's a lot of Sciency stuff for a change.

Gonna miss the 'squirrels".
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 09-20-2013 at 02:29 PM.
Career Officer
# 3
09-20-2013, 02:29 PM
Nice changes!
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Captain
# 4
09-20-2013, 02:30 PM
wow!!! Im amazed!!
Captain
# 5
09-20-2013, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsnapped View Post
[*]The Foundry will unavailable temporarily.
Will this downtime extend to HD? Any chance we can get an estimate of "temporarily"? Many of us have approaching deadlines for either the contest and the Foundry FE.

Last edited by kirksplat; 09-20-2013 at 02:41 PM.
Career Officer
# 6
09-20-2013, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsnapped View Post
We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.35.20130908a.9

Systems:
    • All weapon modifying Tactical Bridge Officers powers are now unable to activate for 5 seconds after using the ability.
      • For example, for 5 seconds after firing Beam Overload, Beam Overload 1, 2, and 3 cannot be activated.
    • These changes affect all of the following categories of powers at all ranks:
      • Beam Overload
      • Beam Fire At Will
      • Beam Subsystem Targeting
      • Mine Dispersal Pattern Alpha
      • Mine Dispersal Pattern Beta
      • Cannon Rapid Fire
      • Cannon Scatter Volley
      • High Yield Torpedo
      • Torpedo Spread
Wait, so the Global Cooldown for Weapon powers is being REDUCED to 5 seconds?
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Rihannsu
# 7
09-20-2013, 02:38 PM
Quote:
  • Trait - Photonic Capacitor
    • This trait can now be triggered by the following additional Science abilities:
      • Scattering Field
      • Science Fleet
      • Tachyon Beam
      • Tractor Beam
      • Tractor Beam Repulsors
    • Any ability that has a Toggle duration (shown as a short duration countdown on your hotkey bar) will not activate Photonic Capacitor until this duration has completed.
Thank you!

Lots of great stuff. I'm also looking forward to the improved versions of Tyken's Rift and Grav Well. Thanks for those!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 8
09-20-2013, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icegavel View Post
Wait, so the Global Cooldown for Weapon powers is being REDUCED to 5 seconds?
No. A second, instant lockout period has been instituted. This was done in an attempt to alleviate the "double-tap" scenarios that have been discussed at-length in our PvP forums.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Career Officer
# 9
09-20-2013, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
No. A second, instant lockout period has been instituted. This was done in an attempt to alleviate the "double-tap" scenarios that have been discussed at-length in our PvP forums.
I didn't hear about this. Don't even quite understand the issue. With the 15-second GCD that's already there, nothing else CAN be activated for 15 seconds. Could you explain what the issue was and how this helps? I don't quite understand, but I'm only curious.
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Captain
# 10
09-20-2013, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icegavel View Post
I didn't hear about this. Don't even quite understand the issue. With the 15-second GCD that's already there, nothing else CAN be activated for 15 seconds. Could you explain what the issue was and how this helps? I don't quite understand, but I'm only curious.
You can activate powers like BO, wait for almost all of it's duration before actually firing the weapon and the next sec (after the ability is off CD), activate it again and fire again. That way, you effectively can fire 2 BOs in a span of a second.

I don't think the change affects Cannon abilities in any way, on the other hand.

On another topic, nice and plenty changes. Wish I could look at the GW changes, but being silver, looks like I'm being cut off of Tribble.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!