Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Bug Reports
Login

Career Officer
# 21
09-22-2013, 02:32 PM
Yeah, it's almost shocking how bad the female body models look on Tribble.

I'm not playing this game for the plot, guys. I'm playing it for the social stuff and to fly little spaceships around and, yes, Space Barbie.

Fix things that need to be fixed and leave things that are just fine alone. And yes, the female legs in tight pants are what needed to be fixed- to revert them to their prior state, not to make the other legs equally bad.
Survivor of Romulus
# 22
09-22-2013, 02:40 PM
Oh damn, that's just a bad look. :/
Starfleet Veteran
# 23
09-22-2013, 03:39 PM
This didn't even fix what it was supposed to fix, or at least I don't think this is how legs are supposed to look.

Also, another comparison:
Holodeck
Tribble

I rather not see any changes then this, this would ruin the game for me.
Career Officer
# 24
09-22-2013, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by velarn View Post
This didn't even fix what it was supposed to fix, or at least I don't think this is how legs are supposed to look.
Awesome screeny there, that totally shows absurd the change is.
___
Tami, Leader of -FS-
Career Officer
# 25
09-23-2013, 02:41 AM
working on comparison between 5 female character from holodeck and tribble with multiple views including what the slider bars for hip and leg bulk modify. should be done later today, but on first glance it almost looks like they stole the female character creator sliders from Never winter which is primarily why I don't play that game as the female characters look terrible IMO. also the 22nd century outfit is not availible in the character creator for whatever reason. personally the main complain with romulan/reman female legs was there was no inner thigh bulk like you would expect instead just the straight front to back bulk seems to increase unless viewed only from the back. Seriously just copy over the female leg model in the TOS miniskirt would have solved the issue. pics posted as soon as I get done compiling them.
Commander
# 26
09-23-2013, 02:57 AM
TBH I kind of wonder if this was just an issue where somebody accidentally picked up data from Never Winter instead of STO and it just wasn't checked kind of adding to what Kapla was getting at. I'd assume if a Dev had actually looked at that they wouldn't have called that improved or they would have added it to the known issues. Whats really surprising though at least to me from seeing these before and after shots is how much better the skin textures look.
Ensign
# 27
09-23-2013, 03:25 AM
I put together a couple characters side by side views current Vs New Tribble characters.
The heads are too small the bodies are scrunched up and the legs have thunder thighs with little tiny ankle and calf.

these are 2 of my character with holodeck and tribble comparisons

http://i.imgur.com/2C4ziM0.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/y4uyQIK.jpg

I hope these changes don't make it to holodeck. It would take way to long to fix my 23 toons I would probably just stop playing and cancel my gold membership
Captain
# 28
09-23-2013, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapla1755 View Post
but on first glance it almost looks like they stole the female character creator sliders from Never winter which is primarily why I don't play that game as the female characters look terrible IMO.
You know what? Now I am worrie.. because seasons are mostly made to unified codes between cryptic games. So if this is the Never Winter tailor it could mean that is intentional and not a simple bug that is going to get fix in a few weeks.

It will be nice that the dev in charge of this could took a moment and confirm to us that he is aware of this issue and is going to work to fix it (or just revert the changes).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahmie1 View Post
these are 2 of my character with holodeck and tribble comparisons

http://i.imgur.com/2C4ziM0.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/y4uyQIK.jpg
Is worst that I could see using the Demorecord! This are the more graphical screen about how screw is the tribble build.

Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com

Last edited by cerritourug; 09-23-2013 at 05:30 AM.
Career Officer
# 29
09-23-2013, 09:04 AM
What's worst is that unlike their very friendly and communicative ship and environment artists, I have never seen their character artists post on this forum, which probably means we'll never get a reasoning or justification for this change.

And it truly does look terrible. I was only focused on the legs, but the hips and torsos are completely unrealistic. And... why make the heads smaller?
Career Officer
# 30
09-23-2013, 02:55 PM
Still compiling the rest:

Comparision shot Romulan vs Human Holodeck vs Tribble

It appears that "0" in hip slider on Tribble is analogous to "5" on the Hododeck atm.
Which means no more skinny or athletic looking Female characters unless you are fond of the "Child-bearing hips" look you are not gonna be happy at all.

It also does not fix the primary complain about Romulan female legs which was they were top stick-thin without any girth to them. It doesn't effect pants on Holodeck your legs fill out nicely while in pants, switch to a skirt and its "Oh what **** happened".
Was there a reason the TOS Nurse miniskirt model was not used for Romulans in the 22nd Century miniskirt?

The Default head size I normally use is "0" so this would seem to indicated the new head size on Tribble is "-2.5"?