Survivor of Remus
# 41
09-29-2013, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyrider0 View Post
Yes they have, take a look on Very Rare Mark XII.

Pics or it didn't happen, lol. I've never seen a [W>S] or any of that kind on a singularity core before, and I'm fairly sure it isn't as it would've been mentioned in any build thread by now.

Peacekeeper High Command
Bylar Crais - Zelbinion IV
Scorpius - R.R.W. Kharibdyss
Captain
# 42
09-30-2013, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by des101 View Post
The biggest annoyance I find with any version of this ship is my crew only seem to last a few minutes & then they're all dead & that's after taking only a couple of hits That's one I'm still working on without trying to gimp the overall setup I use.
That's the problem all high crew ships have (cept KDF ships, they seem to resist crew loss pretty well, at least as far as their battlecruisers go, because I seem to remember the Vo'quv has that problem too). But the Scimitars and fed-cruisers really have this issue XD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndonai View Post
Pics or it didn't happen, lol. I've never seen a [W>S] or any of that kind on a singularity core before, and I'm fairly sure it isn't as it would've been mentioned in any build thread by now.
Elite Fleet Singularity cores do have this mod. Just the rest of the mods aren't that great so I don't bother to use it.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Survivor of Remus
# 43
09-30-2013, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Elite Fleet Singularity cores do have this mod. Just the rest of the mods aren't that great so I don't bother to use it.
Bah, typical that. In all fairness the only thing I've found useful on the cores is [eps] really.

Peacekeeper High Command
Bylar Crais - Zelbinion IV
Scorpius - R.R.W. Kharibdyss
Survivor of Romulus
# 44
09-30-2013, 06:22 AM
I still use my falchion varient, and have no issues with squishyness, regardless of what version I am using my console layout is pretty much the same, but the falchion does seems to survive better than the scimitar, but then I am one of those stupid people that uses beams, no armour consoles and the full scimitar set so what do I know.
Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
I.R.W. Valdore gives 0 (132283) Radiation Damage to Tal'is with Thalaron Pulse. ==> Tal'is deals 132283 Special Damage to Tal'is with Immunity Matrix

Captain
# 45
09-30-2013, 07:27 AM
The reason the Scimitar can sometimes feel squishy is that, at -40 shield power over a standard ship, you lose a hell of a lot of shield resistance. Additionally, the Scimitar, being without EBC, cannot cycle its EPTS under cloak. Therefore, if you come out of cloak without being able to pump EPTS immediately, perhaps because you were pumping EPTW or E, which DO work under cloak, and thus your EPTS window may not be available for up to 15 seconds, or because you pumped weapons to attack, you lose even more shield power AND shield resistance.

If measures are not taken to mitigate these issues, the result is that your ship can go squish alarmingly fast upon entering the battle.
Lt. Commander
# 46
09-30-2013, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnikku View Post
I don't think I've ever seen a single Romulan core with a "[W->S]" mod or the like (any mod that gives you a percentage of power from one system into another).

I certainly wasn't expecting to pound face like never before when buying it. Though it does seem pretty fishy when my Sovereign with no armor or resist console, lower hull rating, lower shield modifiers and slower turn rate dies maybe once every 5 elite borg runs ( usually when I get an awful pug and am carrying the dps with 5 spheres on me and everything is on cooldown), but the scim dies twice, maybe three times an elite conduit run. Something isn't right here, and it's not just the less breathing room with warp core breeches.
Rofl dies twice 3 times ... bad set up ... Mines hardly dies on elites :O... rofl This comment is so funny that's why I am rofl have fun...However mines can shield tank keep shields up for awhile I am not done with this ship yet... still need more consoles and gear to fix it up more make it more tanky.
Captain
# 47
09-30-2013, 08:20 AM
I have a sci officer in a tac scimitar and it dose well. The trick is to use your battle cloak often. Focus on shields for defense.

Visit my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Akurie369?feature=watch
or, follow me on FB https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bi-Sh...70769523107039
Captain
# 48
09-30-2013, 08:45 AM
Have to agree with OP that Scimitars have some kind of issue. They are the easiest target to pop with my transphasic torpedo boat. I love seeing them in PvP and I always home in on the stat.

Again nothing to do with shields and power as I use transphasic mines and torpedoes. Maybe their defensive bonus is low or something.
Lt. Commander
# 49
09-30-2013, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Have to agree with OP that Scimitars have some kind of issue. They are the easiest target to pop with my transphasic torpedo boat. I love seeing them in PvP and I always home in on the stat.

Again nothing to do with shields and power as I use transphasic mines and torpedoes. Maybe their defensive bonus is low or something.
rofl no not at all you just have mines they good .. your play different use mines ... every one has there own playstyle yours seems to work .. How ever to beat the mines would be hard since i dont pvp much ... not sure how to go about it ^^.. But yeah Nice its not weak just different play styles fit different people
Captain
# 50
10-01-2013, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post

Don't take this the wrong way, but you must be up against idiot Scimitars. I have fought my fair share of transphasic torp/mine boats, and none are much good against me in my Scimi. I guess your targets must not have BFI on a hair trigger. *shrugs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by johankreig View Post
I still use my falchion varient, and have no issues with squishyness, regardless of what version I am using my console layout is pretty much the same, but the falchion does seems to survive better than the scimitar, but then I am one of those stupid people that uses beams, no armour consoles and the full scimitar set so what do I know.
You also have +10 to shields, something the Tactical variant doesn't have (and yes, it makes a difference).
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.